Radio Problems

Post anything electrical or ICE here. ie, upgrading your stereo, or removing looms etc.

Moderator: Octane2097

matius576
CB-Uk User

Radio Problems

Post by matius576 »

Hi all,
Ive recently been having problems with my JVC Chameleon, basically when i drive it can turn itself off at any time and it either wont come back on or may in a few seconds sometimes it wont come on atall, also i can eject the cd at anytime whilst it isnt working. I checked the wires at the back and found what i thought was a loose connection so i repaired it, this didnt sort the problem though. Ive since fitted three different aftermarket radios to my car and am having the same issue im guessing maybe ive got a fault on the wiring loom of the car itself. Has anyone had this faut? If so how did you resolve this?
Thanks in advance, Matt
Octane2097
Senior Moderator

Re: Radio Problems

Post by Octane2097 »

only thing you could do would be to check the wiring make sure nothings loose
how loud do you normaly play music? alot of cd players have an autoprotect mode so they dont overheat when working,
Peugeot 207 Sport 1.6 VTI (120)
MattyB
CB-Uk User

Post by MattyB »

How do mate,

I've got exactly the same problem. It's really wierd. I thought i'd fixed it by shaking the wires abit when i had the dash out. It seemed to have worked until recently and it's started doing it again.

I've found (like the other day), i'd be driving for a good while and then it will turn itself off. This can be when i hit a bump (like the one stretching a full lane of the M25) this turned it off for about 2 hours (just as i was approaching an accident which i was stook in for an hour and a half). Then other times i've founf that it goes off is when indicating right or turning the wheel right, or flashing the headlights!!

It's really wierd.

So help would be appreciated for me to!
matius576
CB-Uk User

Post by matius576 »

i have got a sub and amp in it but thats all disconnected at the minuite so it isnt on to loud. mine seems to do it on even the smallest jolts in the road, so frusting! i dont have any issues regarding it occouring when using the indicator or lights, have u checked all the connections are ok on ur stalk?
MattyB
CB-Uk User

Post by MattyB »

no not yet.

I'll have to have a look