*UPDATE* olliejones8's Flame red 3dr

For New & Continuing Projects Only.
NOT for past projects or questions.
olliejones8
CB-Uk User

*UPDATE* olliejones8's Flame red 3dr

Post by olliejones8 »

I love reading through the projects on here so I thought id start one of my own

This is not a project with me putting a 2l in or a turbo, its just the usual Alloys, Lowering it, debadged etc.

ANYWAY I got the car back in late 2007, and it looked like your standard 98 breeze (apart from the dents and bumps, they were from the guy before, lol)

Here is how it looked when I got it.

Im happy with it, cost me £700 with a years Tax and 6months MOT, with 53k on the clocks. Its very clean on the inside, and well the outside speaks for itself. The paint work, as with all red cars has gone a bit faded but with a nice summer a head (fingers crossed) and some polish it should be alright,

First things first I decided to de-badge the rear, nice easy Mod and looks a lot better once its done (and all the glue is gone,lol) and fit a new rear bumper. The guy I got it off had a good go as fooking it up, BUT did give me a spare one with the car to fit, so after a few hours that was on and was looking a lot better.

Next I got hold of some red leds for behind the clocks and in the MFD, after fitting the red ones behind the dials I quickly put them back to standard again as I couldn’t see the speedo to well, but the one in the MFD looks the mutts so that stayed

Next was the Mot, I hate Mot’s anyone who has owned a Mini as their first car will know what im on about, its just money money money,lol. So got down there left the corsa with them, came back 45mins later and ………….. Failed. So I asked on what and he said ‘rear side light and number plate light’ I said ‘that’s not a fail mate, not after having a Mini’ . So within the hour I was back, parts changed and a Mot, lol.

My next purchase was a full 40mm PI suspension kit and fitted that, I was surprised how easy they are to fit, and it handles a lot better and looks a lot better.

Next I got myself a debadged grill and fitted that as mine was broken. Only sh*tter is it now shows the dent on the bonnet more,lol.

Next was the alloys, im well happy with them. Feel really nice to drive with and makes it look alot more sporty and wide from behind.

And thats as far as iv got, got a few more things in the pipeline, like

Fit Exhaust
Fully service – Air filter (K&N), oil filter, oil & sump washer, fuel filter, pollun filter, AFM (mines fooked,lol)
Smoked side repeaters
Sort the paint work – lots of polish :)
New tailgate – with gsi spoiler
New bonnet

Cheers for reading, let me know what you think

:thumbs:

Next step is defo the service :)

cheers for looking :thumbs_up:
[b][i]THE MIDDLE BOX IS OFF!!!! YAY, backbox is on :)[/i][/b]

[b][u]Check you my project http://forums.corsa-b.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=81&t=9503[/u][/b]
olliejones8
CB-Uk User

Re: *UPDATE* olliejones8's Flame red 3dr

Post by olliejones8 »

Morning ladies and gentlemen, little update to the car over the weekend. After hours i managed to fit my new backbox (if you read through some of my recent threads you will see why it took ages,lol)

So here are a few pictures of the exhaust fitted

comments welcome (as knowone has commented on my project thread yet :( :lol: )

[b][u]Check you my project http://forums.corsa-b.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=81&t=9503[/u][/b]
Octane2097
Senior Moderator

Post by Octane2097 »

hmm looks like the 1 i had on mine

looking good so far but you need (and i do stress need) a GSI spoiler!

also id remove the breeze badges
Peugeot 207 Sport 1.6 VTI (120)
KarlP
CB-Uk Newbie

Post by KarlP »

its starting to come along quite nicely. I really like the alloys. Nice shoes by teh way :D
olliejones8
CB-Uk User

Post by olliejones8 »

KarlP wrote:its starting to come along quite nicely. I really like the alloys. Nice shoes by teh way :D
haha, cheers mate the shoes are italian and well comfy. I love the wheels because you dont see many corsa's which those wheels so it makes the car stand out abit from the rest

Chrex
CB-Uk User

Post by Chrex »

I like the exhaust tip. Just sedate enough, but at the same time, enough to be noticed and look great! :)

Get ya wheels done in white...Red cars and white wheels look the danglies. Oh and make sure u keep it polished and waxed so it dont go pink! ;)

nice one :thumbs:
olliejones8
CB-Uk User

Post by olliejones8 »

chrex wrote:I like the exhaust tip. Just sedate enough, but at the same time, enough to be noticed and look great! :)

Get ya wheels done in white...Red cars and white wheels look the danglies. Oh and make sure u keep it polished and waxed so it dont go pink! ;)

nice one :thumbs:
haha, cheers Chris mate. Yeah its starting to go Pink again DOH! Exhaust is quality and sounds the nuts, Not OTT just a nice rumble

Chrex
CB-Uk User

Post by Chrex »

If its already goin pink, you need to get some G3 compound and a buffer. Iv seen the results of this and it works real well! Then polish the poo out of it!!
CorsaTD
General Moderator

Post by CorsaTD »

lookin good keep up the good work!
corsa 1.5TD's woo
DAL
CB-Uk Newbie

Post by DAL »

looking good m8 yeh keep us updated.Im in the middle preping my spoiler got to get some 1 to fit it :? im toying int o buying a sri
Adam-D
Administrator

Post by Adam-D »

i like that, very nice, same type of wheels i had on my first corsa 8)
steven 16v
CB-Uk Newbie

Post by steven 16v »

like the back box doesn't look like a bin lid. wheel good good as well.
any chance of polishing my car?????? :lol: :lol:
olliejones8
CB-Uk User

Post by olliejones8 »

Cheers mate, i'm selling the exhaust now if your interested

chris_gilly
CB-Uk User

Post by chris_gilly »

same car as mine snap! ooo and ive had minis to! i used to be a regular member of TMF so you'll prob know me :D ive took the wheel trims of but before i get alloys im thinking to spray them red! dont bother with the cone filter just drill the airbox i find it alot better and the same noise!
check out my vauxhall forum @ http://www.vauxof.co.uk
olliejones8
CB-Uk User

Post by olliejones8 »

chris_gilly wrote:same car as mine snap! ooo and ive had minis to! i used to be a regular member of TMF so you'll prob know me :D ive took the wheel trims of but before i get alloys im thinking to spray them red! dont bother with the cone filter just drill the airbox i find it alot better and the same noise!
Hello mate, iv now got a K&N panel filter in the standard non-drilled airbox, runs like a dream. Do you mean your thinking of spraying the standard wheels red???