radio aerial

Post anything electrical or ICE here. ie, upgrading your stereo, or removing looms etc.

Moderator: Octane2097

scotty0036
CB-Uk Newbie

radio aerial

Post by scotty0036 »

Hi guys
I hope you can help ??..I have just bought the wife a 1ltr corsa trip run around however i can get any radio stations..all I get is static..could it be the aerial...thanks in advance>>> :thumbs:
chr15
CB-Uk User

radio aerial

Post by chr15 »

Is it connected to the headunit properly?
rick
CB-Uk User

radio aerial

Post by rick »

what head unit is it?
is there an aerial on?
is the rear screen heater on?

if its an after market headunit it might not be plugged in at the back as you need an adapter for most aftermarket ones

if theres not aerial on the roof that\'d be why theres no signal. when i got mine there wasnt a single corsa in the dealers with an aerial coz the local kids nicked them all, id recomend getting a black richbrook anti-theft one, you can get them for about £20

this is a long shot but if the rear heaters on it might be causing some stattic i know it does in my car but not enough to make the radio unlistenable
punkheadgray
CB-Uk User

radio aerial

Post by punkheadgray »

OK, its quite common for the co axial lead too break down (its located above the roof lining) probs take a couple of hours to get the lining down if you are inexperienced. but id say your best bet is to take the head unit out and check aerials connected. at the same time as the head unit is out look for any cables that could be out of place. its usually only ac circuits that will cause problems, but dc can if its really close. good luck mate, hope was of some use.
:thumbs:
sach
CB-Uk User

radio aerial

Post by sach »

had the same problem as you m8, like punkheadgray said do that or u can get a bootser which helps a lot.
Breeze
CB-Uk User

radio aerial

Post by Breeze »

If it is the coaxial in the roof, then your better off buying an internal aerial from maplins for a 5er, then bunging it in the passenger crash panel.
Stuart_SRI
CB-Uk User

radio aerial

Post by Stuart_SRI »

or just not use the radio like me :thumbs:
Stuart_SRI
CB-Uk User

radio aerial

Post by Stuart_SRI »

nah common problem mate as the guys have said

i would just check the the areial plug is actually in the back of the head unit before u check anything else. Corsas seem to have a problem with making this lead long enough so it cant actually reach the headunit, mine pops out all the time
chr15
CB-Uk User

radio aerial

Post by chr15 »

[quote=\"Stuart_SRI\"]nah common problem mate as the guys have said

i would just check the the areial plug is actually in the back of the head unit before u check anything else. Corsas seem to have a problem with making this lead long enough so it can actually reach the headunit, mine pops out all the time[/quote]

yeh ive got that problem, it would be ok if the hole was on the other side of my headunit but because its not i have to use 3 adapters to get it in :lol: