redevelopment of the corsa

For New & Continuing Projects Only.
NOT for past projects or questions.
markymicro
CB-Uk User

Re: redevelopment of the corsa

Post by markymicro »

well i dont need one yet i want to finish the car first.
Fastest 8 valve in the west! http://www...co.uk
rob16
CB-Uk User

Post by rob16 »

where di u get your plates made simon? sorry if its been asked b4 only scanned the thread so far
1994 burgandy LS,...... £uro wip :D
flash22
CB-Uk User

Post by flash22 »

electric winows arnt a Prob as long as the main car loom is wired if you undo the multi plug there should be 12-14 pins for electric windows and around 20 pins for the full works tis a bit hit and miss tho (count the pins/socket that comes from the car)

As for fitting the actual mech its 4 rivets and 2 bolts as for the wiring its just a case of swaping the door looms over plug it all in put 2-3 fuses in and away you go!!

Edit.re-read the thread if you havnt even go C/L as standard you wont have the wiring for elecy windows. i thought it was only merits that didnt have C/L ? ? ? ?

i have fitted a falcon for a mate and there carp imho a bit to \"Max Power\" i would go for a toad or a laserline if your budget is a bit tight i would go for a cat 2-1 cobra what are £55 and local place will cert it for me for £10
Last edited by flash22 on Sun Sep 24, 2006 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sam13
CB-Uk User

Post by sam13 »

gls is the way forward yey!!! lol simon how much you after for you engine when it been takin out?
flash22
CB-Uk User

Post by flash22 »

Its hard to find a well spec\'ed corsa\'s. i have been looking around for the last few months for a decent car to replace mine with no luck as of yet !!!

That the prob with owning a cdx whats near fully loaded minus the aircon. i have found a few later 98 onwards CDX corsa\'s but thay alll seen to be 1.2 16v\'s

ABS brakes are a must have imho thay have saved my bacon on many occasions. Electric windows and mirrors are a nice touch once you got them your never want to go back. heated seats and mirrors come in very handy last winter too. i am a tad lazy so i fitted and electric sunroof (motor) from a vectra B. fully adjustable seats front and back are nice tooo (i am 6\'2\" so everything helps)

A friend of mine has just got a vectra C elegance 2.2 now thats really plush inside. I think it comes with age the older you get the more comfortable you want a car to be (money has a big factor aswell as insurance)
flash22
CB-Uk User

Post by flash22 »

some pattern part stuff is well cheap compared to OE the quaility of some parts can be a bit iffy tho

saying that my brother has a trade account with vx and service parts are silly cheap eg. oil filter 88p, spark plugs £1 ea,oil £6.50 5L air filter £3

we have 2 motor factors around here and there preety good and keep a lot of stuff on the shelf too
sam13
CB-Uk User

Post by sam13 »

bloody hell simon that was cheap! i am interested in your engine but the only thing is you are 3 and a half hours away from me might be a bit to far. might be better off buying an old astra or something and taking one of that or sumit then i got engine box ecu drive shafts. if you want a hi spec 8v it is going to have to be pre 1997 after that it all went eco-tech so my 1.2 8v gls with all the extra\'s apart from air con is right bang on 1997 r reg one of the last ones they did took me a while to find mine. although it was a write off lol still found one in the end though.
sam13
CB-Uk User

Post by sam13 »

lol dont worrie about the typing lol yer wouldnt be a bad idea although you will be driving for like 6 hours in total lol. will i be able to fit my pas pump on it?
sam13
CB-Uk User

Post by sam13 »

will take a look tomoz for ya pal
Prowler
CB-Uk User

Post by Prowler »

sorry ive not been on for a while bein to oooh I say!ed off with mine to be arse with cars lol, hows the archs now?
Last edited by Prowler on Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
::)
kaz
CB-Uk User

Post by kaz »

i hope that isnt a scarp yard
http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/3650/bannerzg8.gif
kaz
CB-Uk User

Post by kaz »

or is it just a garage with a load off poo cars near it >.< ps i think u need to respray ur from bumper :lol:

other than that i still think ur 5dr is one off the best lookin around i like the purple 2L turbo 5dr on here aswell tho thats sexy
sam13
CB-Uk User

Post by sam13 »

i know were it is lol :) but will wait for the other ppl to keep guesin

''brum brum''
kaz
CB-Uk User

Post by kaz »

oooooooooooooooooooooo now i think i no cud it be new engine time for ur corsa
kaz
CB-Uk User

Post by kaz »

i see simon gettin speedin fines after speeding fines and prolly get his licence taken off him b4 he leaves >.<