My Project

For New & Continuing Projects Only.
NOT for past projects or questions.
markymicro
CB-Uk User

My Project

Post by markymicro »

This is my project!!!!!
As you can see the car needs alot of work but i have started work on the engine first to get that out of the way.
Thats me and mi bro just got the engine out but this was a few months ago!! Striped all the engine ready for all work to be carried out.
Got the block back from been rebord as it was a 1.2L it is now a 1.4L so i painted it. Next thing to get done was the block spacer as this engine will be supercharged engine so i needed the displacment alot bigger.
I got the spacer laser cut as it needed to be perfect cost me a wopping £275 i also needed 2 head gaskets which i thought standed ones would be fine due to the fact i dont wont a high compression ratio engine it needed to be low.
Next was the head i got another head a 1.4 one i got it fully ported and polished with stronger valves.
The problem i was now facing was the head bolts due to the fact i had the spacer on and it was 15mm tall so normal head bolts wouldn\'t do so i had to get custom ones made up that where 15mm taller and i also wonted them in allen key head as they take more tones per square inch so i got a set made up costing £98.
Next was the fuel system i didn\'t know what to go for carbs or mutipoint injection as with multipoint you need to upgrade all wires and ECU so i thought carbs would be the better opption so i found a set on ebay when i got them the carbs where a wright mess so i replaced all the bolts cleaned them inside and out made sure all jets where working and so on.
Now it was the timming which was a pain because the spacer is 15mm taller that means overall engine size was 15mm taller which the belt wouldn\'t fit well it would fit but the belt was realy tight which is no good as it would snap so with alot of messing about i had to cut the water pump so it would move round to make the belt alot more loose but i got it perfect. If you look at the picture below you will know what i mean!!
Now the Exhaust the manifold is a 4 to 2 i plan to have 2 Exhaust pipes off the manifold all the way to the back with twin exits and with no cat the back boxs will have baffles as i dont wont it too loud and with a little bit of back pressure.
But in the back of my mind i new the hardest bit of work on this engine was still to come and i was not looking forward to it!
And that would be fitting the supercharger unlike a turbocharger that will just sit under exhaust manifold a supercharger had to be mounted and run inline with the crank as if it wouldn\'t the belt would run off.
So i sat down looked at the engine!!!!!!!! and looked at it some more thinking how can i do this?? It was proving harder than i thought it would be! I mean it\'s not just about mounting the supercharger but it\'s making it all line up properly then i had to put a tensioner some where aswell so i could tension up the belt. So the best thing i come up with was to use a timming belt so the belt didn\'t slip but find one realy small so i got the charger mounted ruffly where i needed it with loads of welding and messing around and got the size of the belt i needed and went to Andrew pages and to my luck they found one that was perfect (It was made for a honda) but the next thing was where to put the tensioner??? so with more messing about with a few ideas the first one i did wasn\'t that good but the second one was great! here is the picture below it still looks abit of a mess as i have only just done it but when it is all running perfect i will sort it all out. As i have still loads to do all the pipes need to be put on and this that and the other!!!!
I would love it if people would give there comments and views!!!!!! ;)
Fastest 8 valve in the west! http://www...co.uk
chrisdaman
CB-Uk User

Re: My Project

Post by chrisdaman »

i\'d just like to say that markymicro has been really helpful, giving loads of information and helping me figure out stuff, and that engine is sweet, it\'s really different and is going to fly. Hes not a sheep following the conversion route, it\'s awesome, i really wanna see it
dubster now
markymicro
CB-Uk User

Post by markymicro »

The charger was £150 off ebay it\'s brand new realy the guy who i bought it off said it has only done 4 miles!!! :)
Hey chris what ever i can help people with as engines can be a funny thing. so any probs pm me ;)
Curtiz
CB-Uk User

Post by Curtiz »

Sweet looking engine...very different :D

great job so far :)
sam13
CB-Uk User

Post by sam13 »

hey ppl aint been on here for a while but duno if you remember me marky you sent me some pics a while back and i was inpressed then and also you have helped me out before to. i am also half way through my project but cant fingure out how to get the pics up like you have lol.

cant wait to see it all finished marky!!
markymicro
CB-Uk User

Post by markymicro »

yea i remember you sam just go to http://www.photobucket.com/ register for free and upload pics to the site and under the pic will be 3 titles copy the bottom one which the title starts with [IMG] then paste that on here when you wright a topic
just to let you know i have got my rims now and my coilover suspention! Nice to see you back on here.
sam13
CB-Uk User

Post by sam13 »

hey marky go in the project section and i banged few pics on they are old know but new ones will be takin tomoz with more work done on it. glad u remember me didnt want to look like a fool lol
markymicro
CB-Uk User

Post by markymicro »

Av seen it and put a reply!!
ian_corsaB
CB-Uk User

Post by ian_corsaB »

thats a mad engine, looks the part n ya car aint gnna take any prisoners!!
8 valves of sheer poo!
markymicro
CB-Uk User

Post by markymicro »

The engine isn\'t far of done 2.0L 16v corsa\'s beware!!!!
taty
CB-Uk User

Post by taty »

i didnt understand most of the tec stuff
but it looks amazing .nice one
beauty is in the eye of the beer holder