broken down?

Help and advice section for technical questions on your Corsa.
Please check that your query hasn't already been answered in FAQ and Technical Info section.

Moderator: Octane2097

corsa_alex
CB-Uk Newbie

broken down?

Post by corsa_alex »

driving along and engine light came on couldnt stop on the roundabout kept goin and then battery and oil light came on and broke down!! wouldnt start up agen, called RAC out 2 get it fixed and wen they turned up it f*kin started up agen lol !! ne1 no wot could b the problem wiv it?
Stuart_SRI
CB-Uk User

broken down?

Post by Stuart_SRI »

sounds like something similar to what i had with my old corsa.

possibly the crank shaft sensor. it starts ok when the engine is below a certain temperature ie its cold, but when it warms up your engine cuts out. does that seem to be the problem?

in which case, u need the ecu fault to be found, Vauxhall charge £40 for this, unless u know someone with the software, and the part itself is fairly cheap, but expect to pay triple figures in labour costs.
chr15
CB-Uk User

broken down?

Post by chr15 »

yep take it to vauxhall and there equipment should be able to tell you exactly whats wrong with it. (Even though they dont now whats wrong with mine :rant: )
PaulW
Administrator

broken down?

Post by PaulW »

No need to pay Vauxhall anything at all if this lil trick works ;)

http://www.corsa-b.co.uk/viewtopic.php?p=5283#5283
All the above comments are deemed an opinion, and in most cases :spam:
chr15
CB-Uk User

broken down?

Post by chr15 »

Nothings showing up on the tech 2 equipment at vauxhall for my car though paul. Theres no error codes or any signs of a fault from the ecu. I think its going to need some old school mechanics to find the problem without all this computer crap.
PaulW
Administrator

broken down?

Post by PaulW »

chr15... whats wrong with your car??

I just had a quick look, but couldn\'t find a post...
chr15
CB-Uk User

broken down?

Post by chr15 »

the cars been off the road since June and ive just had another fitted, exactly the same as what was in their - C14SE but its not got a spark and had some problems with the electrics on the car but they have now been sorted out and it is still not sparking. Vauxhall think there on the right lines but they want another £260 or so just to look at it. Im not paying that so im taking it back to mine and my next door neighbours going to look at it
PaulW
Administrator

broken down?

Post by PaulW »

When you say the electrics have been sorted, did they replace the engine wiring loom?

would say, possibly an issue with either the coil-pack perhaps... :? or possibly the transponder chip in the key if your car has a factory imobiliser??
corsa_alex
CB-Uk Newbie

broken down?

Post by corsa_alex »

pretty much wot the RAC man told me, take it 2 a vauxhall garage and get thenm to check the electrics or something so betr do that than! thnks 4 ur help! although iv been drivin round today and nothin seems 2 b a problem now!!
Stuart_SRI
CB-Uk User

broken down?

Post by Stuart_SRI »

your be alrite driving for short periods of time. it may just be a one off thing tho.

your fuel injectors (if you drive an injection) may have got temporarily blocked or something