Blocking / Removing EGR Valve System?

Help and advice section for technical questions on your Corsa.
Please check that your query hasn't already been answered in FAQ and Technical Info section.

Moderator: Octane2097

Black Stallion
CB-Uk Newbie

Post by Black Stallion »

Hi, the ECU light comes on once every few months mostly when doin alot of motorway driving. Took it Vaux they read the fault as the EGR valve and for what it does i\'d rather remove it or block it over than pay £200 or something silly to get it fixed.

Have heard of people removing it but never seen a guide or anything is it simple to do and does it affect the car without that system in place? kicks out a few bit of exhaust fumes at the minute because of this fault i think.

Cheers
PaulW
Administrator

Post by PaulW »

You will need to clean it out before you blank it off, as it still needs to work!

You need to make a gasket or seal-plate from some thin sheet-metal, and then put it between the EGR & the exhaust manifold...

This then blanks it off, but as its still there, the ECU will give no error codes & also will still think everything is ok!

There are ways to completely remove it, but even I don\'t know this yet! I will be trying it on my GSi at some point (X16XE engine)...

Broster has had his completely removed, I already asked him about it & he just says rip it out :lol:
All the above comments are deemed an opinion, and in most cases :spam:
broster
CB-Uk User

Post by broster »

remove the lot just unbolt it all, then take it into the garage and cut a template out for the shape of the valve, then make it about 5mm thick, gasket eather side and cut a groove out in the middle so the valve can still operate properly, then plug it all back in so it thinks its working! Job done!

also remove the secondard air injection whilst your at it! easier that doing a poo with your eyes open.........just unbolt it and block it off! then put a bolt in the exhaust manifold!