How to connect rear speakers

Post anything electrical or ICE here. ie, upgrading your stereo, or removing looms etc.

Moderator: Octane2097

rick
CB-Uk User

Post by rick »

i\'m not sure what size the originals are but you could just ad some 6x9\'s and you should be able to pick them up for about the same price as normal speakers
[quote=\".\"]wheres your car now boyo?![/quote]
being painted, had an odd moment earlyer tho as the wife of the bloke whos doing it came into the shop and asked how the car was
coollg
CB-Uk User

Post by coollg »

i would liek the speakers to be hidden though. Im not a music power crazy fan just good quaity and relativly load..

And i dont want to be putting subs or parcel shelf speaker in just YET!
rick
CB-Uk User

Post by rick »

make a stealth shelf, i\'m going to try making one out of the factory shelf soon and putting a guide up in a few weeks.
coollg
CB-Uk User

Post by coollg »

i thoguht id try the wires at the back with my poosssy 4icnh 15 watt sub woofer.

And danm it was bassy

It filled the care with almsot muffed nosie n u can sorta feel it hard to explain.

All prob a 10watt channel on my cheapo cd player (to be changed)

i was realli surpised

This was just a direct connect frm the rear speaker to a subwoofer driver so no crossovers
sh_day
CB-Uk Newbie

Post by sh_day »

Your typing/spelling is f**k awful chap.
4\" sub?
you sure its a sub? :|
coollg
CB-Uk User

Post by coollg »

u realy do notice the sound difference with that sub installed. Adds a bit more depth in sound. And you still get that muffled air kinda feeling with it. I doesnt make the car shake or anything but does add that extra bass we all crave.

My Plan is to build my own cross overs and sub incloseures.

In which i plan to use 2 x 6.5 inch subs (58 Resontant Frequency) 40hz - 400hz also apparently they have a high cone displancement which may help bring the bass up (18mm) and would be in a vented enclosure.

and im planing to try and build them into thje side of the boot.

They will simply connect straigh to the car head unit amp.

As my dad infact workd for ford and used to work as a manager at this place for all u boy racers he know a fair bit about speakerr enclosers. I would also be trying to produce a dual chamber sub.

Also im thinking it shoudl give a unique effect as if im right most of you guys have mono sub woofer or 2 pwoering off the same channel. Im gonna have stereo so different sound outta each speaker.

also i have noticed that when i turn the sub up and obvosuly the other speakers aswell the car sorta shakes and u can hear thing rattleing

is there anyway to prevent this.