What to look for

Automotive topics & discussion.
Lowlife
CB-Uk Newbie

What to look for

Post by Lowlife »

Right, when my Golf sells, i\'m gonna be in the market for a Corsa GSi. All i know at the mo is i want either a blue or white one! :oops: Having been into V-Dubs since i passed my test, i don\'t know what to look for on a Corsa. Whats the usual things to look out for?
Katie_GSi
CB-Uk User

What to look for

Post by Katie_GSi »

Oooooh a corsa GSi :clap: I went from dub to vauxhall.... There is alot of stuff similar... juss general maintanence :thumbs: Get a green one... Much sexier :P
Katie_GSi
CB-Uk User

What to look for

Post by Katie_GSi »

Rust on the roof is kinda common on GSi\'s tho .... s\'all good tho :clap:
rick
CB-Uk User

What to look for

Post by rick »

main things on corsas is rust and stone chips on the bonnet rust under the front edge of the bonnet cracks in the paintwork by the doors and then the usual places most cars get rust as well as signs of abuse
i\'d say go for a blue one like katie and pauls 8) and theres a metallic grey that looks quite nice as well. i saw one in that colour when i was looking for my car but the engine had more oil seeping out of it that iraq and the paint work was scratched to f**k, a shame really it was a nice car apart from that stuff
valver corsa
CB-Uk User

What to look for

Post by valver corsa »

go black they look mint wi gsi bodykits on and also look for rust scabs on the boot mine and my mates corsa has got rust scabs on the boot lid. good look finding a good one not many left apart from the people on this site.
i went to look at about 9 cars before i decided on this one and this one was the first. it was a guy from burnley and i put a deposit on it because i new if i didnt find one i liked better, then i would keep this, but if i found one, then i would sell this one as i got it dirt cheap. know some one who is selling a gsi thats needs some work but just but could be a great car. it needs 2 valves re-seating, maybe a re-spray(but im fussy about little things like stone chips), got a saxo spoiler on top of gsi one which looks a c**t and a good wash n polish. call me on 07900827148 and i will see if i can get some pics.
PaulW
Administrator

What to look for

Post by PaulW »

Pretty much covered...

Engine wise tho, 2 different types... C16XE & X16XE... the C16XE was up till 1994, then the X16XE came in...

C16XE is 109bhp standard, X16XE 106bhp... (mine is X16XE)

The C16XE had a recall due to plastic rollers for the timing belt, they were complete cack & kept breaking so vaux replaced them with metal rollers which lasted longer, but tbh if your going to be doing some work, get some SBD ones :thumbs:

C16XE suffers from AFM faults & both engines can suffer from the ICV going, in which case just take it out & clean it with some carb cleaner, vaux want something silly like £150 for a new one :( but if your lucky, they can be had new on ebay for a few £££\'s if you find a seller who is thick!

X16XE has the EGR system being an Ecotec, this can also become blocked, but you can blank it off from the manifold & its all peachy, I\'m lookin at removing the damn thing all together, as in the cold it sounds like a fekin tractor!

Manifold... you know about already, its very restrictive! Hence why I saw you about the bits to try make something up, should hopefully free something in the region of 15bhp & get more low down torque doing this! The X16XE has hardly any low down torque & only kicks in from about 3-3.5k upwards! C16XE I\'ve been told is better for lowdown torque as it peaks at about 2.5k(ish) X16XE is around 4k-4.5k peak torque...

Performance wise... nothing special... Standard form there about as nippy as a VTR, but without the low-down torque... VTS will eat you regardless, and to keep with a standard 120bhp VTS, you\'ll need atleast 140bhp.

Handling - remove the front ARB, get a Whiteline rear ARB from Demon Tweaks & if you can, a set of koni yellows (shocks) and eibach springs, there the best setup for the Corsa you can get!

But I tell ya know, if you do get one, you\'ll sit in it & think wtf aint I goin anywhere :lol:
All the above comments are deemed an opinion, and in most cases :spam: