Motorbike Thread

Automotive topics & discussion.
nathcarr
CB-Uk User

Re: Motorbike Thread

Post by nathcarr »

Ahhh nice lad [emoji106] love the auto glym stuff. Auto glym actually do a motorbike cleaner and I swear by it really get at the salt that comes of the road and brings it up well [emoji106]

Ps hope your not gonna put that Tyre dressing on lad could be a bit ropey on a few corners with that stuff on haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
stanc3w0rks
CB-Uk User

Post by stanc3w0rks »

nathcarr wrote:Ahhh nice lad [emoji106] love the auto glym stuff. Auto glym actually do a motorbike cleaner and I swear by it really get at the salt that comes of the road and brings it up well [emoji106]

Ps hope your not gonna put that Tyre dressing on lad could be a bit ropey on a few corners with that stuff on haha

Thought the same about the tyre shine. If I do use it I will apply it to a rag and rub it into the sidewalls only.

Sent from my G7-L01 using Tapatalk
stanc3w0rks
CB-Uk User

Post by stanc3w0rks »

nathcarr
CB-Uk User

Post by nathcarr »

Looking well mate [emoji108] good idea about the rubbing the tyre dressing into a rag first, I would as well just to be safe let you back tyre spin around in 1st gear on the centre stand for a few mins and let it flick any loose dressing off. Auto glym really is brilliant stuff isn't it [emoji4]

stanc3w0rks
CB-Uk User

Post by stanc3w0rks »

nathcarr wrote:Looking well mate [emoji108] good idea about the rubbing the tyre dressing into a rag first, I would as well just to be safe let you back tyre spin around in 1st gear on the centre stand for a few mins and let it flick any loose dressing off. Auto glym really is brilliant stuff isn't it [emoji4]

I wasn't on it for a good 2 hours after cleaning it anyway and was pretty sunny out. My tyres are pretty knobbly anyway haha. Yeah auyoglym stuff is great and so easy to work with too.

nathcarr
CB-Uk User

Post by nathcarr »

Seen this on google images the other night it's the same bike as mine Suzuki gs 500 but this think looks lethal it's got upside down forks double front discs twin cans and s poo load of chrome wouldn't mind doing all that to mine but maybe with some clips on bars for a cafe racer look Image

stanc3w0rks
CB-Uk User

Post by stanc3w0rks »

Yeah looks wicked. Probably gsxt forks or something. It's proper clean though!

nathcarr
CB-Uk User

Post by nathcarr »

Bang on mate a little research they are gsxr 600 front forks..... New eBay watch item o think [emoji23][emoji57]

stanc3w0rks
CB-Uk User

Post by stanc3w0rks »

I know for the bandits a busa rear shock is a good upgrade along with gsxr front shocks.

nathcarr
CB-Uk User

Post by nathcarr »

Yeah I had seen a forum page where someone was doing a busa rear shock on there bandit, it seem like there's a lot of the Suzuki range bikes where like the parts from other suzuki fit some of the other bikes like a lot of people put an sv650 rear shock in the bike I've got because it jacks the back end up a bit and makes it handle better

stanc3w0rks
CB-Uk User

Post by stanc3w0rks »

nathcarr wrote:Yeah I had seen a forum page where someone was doing a busa rear shock on there bandit, it seem like there's a lot of the Suzuki range bikes where like the parts from other suzuki fit some of the other bikes like a lot of people put an sv650 rear shock in the bike I've got because it jacks the back end up a bit and makes it handle better

Sv650 rear shock fits the gs500? Handy to know ;) yeah its the same as the busa shock in the bandit so, makes them a bit harder to control at low speed in carparks and such though is the only problem.

nathcarr
CB-Uk User

Motorbike Thread

Post by nathcarr »

Yeah very handy to know lad [emoji106] and it looks a lot better too because they have the cartridges on them to adjust the gas. I think I could cope with low speed control being harder and feel all the benefits travelling at speed [emoji108].

Been looking into re-jetting and there is a dyno jet kit on eBay you can either make it stage 1 and use a k&n panel filter and exhaust system Or make it stage 3 and use velocity stacks on the carbs and get rid of Airbox [emoji57] and an exhaust system too it's only 80 quid aswell and you get both set ups on jets with the kit Image

stanc3w0rks
CB-Uk User

Post by stanc3w0rks »

Could you balance and set the carbs yourself? That's the only thing that would put me of jetting.

stanc3w0rks
CB-Uk User

Post by stanc3w0rks »

Oh and those jets are coming from America you will get lamped with custom charges.

nathcarr
CB-Uk User

Post by nathcarr »

I never even thought about the custom charges that's a bit of a pain [emoji107] a mate of mine is kinda my bike mechanic he's like one of the best in my area so I would just get him to set it all up for me, but there's a few lads on the gs500 forum saying like the bike will easily do 100 re jetted and I'm here like well mine does 115 already and another lad said that I should get 43.3 bhp but there 47 standard haha so I'm gonna see about getting it in dyno and doing a before and after run but from the sounds of it everyone on the forums gs must be broke or something haha