Silver corsa b envoy 12v

For New & Continuing Projects Only.
NOT for past projects or questions.
Cmcorsa
CB-Uk User

Silver corsa b envoy 12v

Post by Cmcorsa »

Evening all bought this little corsa a while ago as missed owning one. Had 10 before this one haha from gsi to sports etc but I wanted a good solid base and preferably a 12v shell. Seen it advertised on gumtree with a week old advert and actually thought it was sold but a phone call later and I was on my way to collect it. Heres how it was

So what did I get for 250 quid then we'll came on sxi wheels lowered 40mm sport interior deep dish steering wheel a badboy bonnet and smoked diy rear lights. Didint have any plans at the time but immediately knew what needed done paint bonnet and wheels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cmcorsa
CB-Uk User

Re: Silver corsa b envoy 12v

Post by Cmcorsa »

So I went and got some paint and the bonnet was done and wheels also

Also made my own smoked headlights from 2 sets of valeos anyway thought it was starting to look a bit better also fitted the correct post 97 bumpers whilst I was at it. Then a decision was made to drop the engine so 40 mins later it was out. Nice and easy removing the 3pots lol

At this stage I hadn't thought about its replacement I just wanted it to stay small block though so I kept the flywheel gearbox clutch shafts and the mounts.

New omp steering wheel and vaux mats fitted and red dial 4cyl clocks

Cmcorsa
CB-Uk User

Post by Cmcorsa »

So few weeks pass and still not bought an engine had my heart set on a x16xe with the usual mods etc

But then spot this for sale Image

X18xe1 from a Zafira 66k thought it was a bargain and going to be different but on getting it home I realise I've cocked up it's a z18xe fly by wire f**k! So a lot of late night searching on mainly Astra sites I think it's the excat same as an x18xe1 apart from the loom ecu and throttle body. So I've thought it's going work hopefully so just need a x18xe1 loom and sensors throttle body ecu and chip and transponder but not sourced these items yet.

Cmcorsa
CB-Uk User

Post by Cmcorsa »

So I gets a day rained off work so spend it in the garage getting the gearbox on engine etc

So gearbox etc on time to get it in

Pretty hassle free getting it mounted in still need a front mount for the block side as the 1.0s are different but progress none the less. Then noticed a few bargains on Facebook cav slabs an opel grille Tigra scuttle and Mhw smoked rear lights! So a road trip had them home.

1st up paint the wheels before

Got them and the grille on but immediately didn't like the silver on silver

Much better a nice grey colour!

Cmcorsa
CB-Uk User

Post by Cmcorsa »

Being an uncommon conversion has its difficulties but I saw the how to on another forum which helped

Corsa start charge loom fitted plug and play which is good

Brake servo pipe on and loom extended into footwell with the wires needed for conversion to connect to vectra loom when get one

Water matrix hoses mocked up had to bend one of the pipes to clear inlet manifold

Fuelings an issue on the 1.8s as they only have 1 fuel inlet on the rail so after following the Guide I got a fuel regulator so fuel into the rail gets a t-piece then into reg then the return back to tank.

Still jubilee clips to get and a t-piece

Also got a xe corsa type mount so I can run a 1.2 8v mount as I have no power steering just waiting on a nova rubber mount arriving so I can mount that up.

Also ordered a corsa c gear linkage a metal top ajustable rod and short shift and got given a black carpet

Also the z18xe had a cat on the manifold so weighed that in and going order a corsa c z18xe aftermarket manifold then hopefully get a sportex system on aswell.

That's me upto date so far will keep it updated thanks for looking

stanc3w0rks
CB-Uk User

Post by stanc3w0rks »

Loving this thread!

Sent from my GT-I8200N using Tapatalk
Cmcorsa
CB-Uk User

Post by Cmcorsa »

stanc3w0rks wrote:Loving this thread!

Thanks bud hopefully more progress over next couple weeks

stanc3w0rks
CB-Uk User

Post by stanc3w0rks »

Yeah your flying at it. Im starting a slightly unusual swap this weekend hopefully. I have nearly everything I need just to get the time.

Cmcorsa
CB-Uk User

Post by Cmcorsa »

Quick update my corsa c gear linkage repair kits arrived from Turkey weathers a bit worse for wear atm so not been able to crack on with with getting interior out as the 2 passenger seat bolts will need cutting out.

Also does anyone know if the epas corsas racks only 2.5 iirc turns lock to lock? Pretty sure I read it could be an upgrade for a non power steering corsa bit like a quick rack.

Also some bulbs arrived 100w

Little progess but hoping to get more done on my days off during the week

Cmcorsa
CB-Uk User

Post by Cmcorsa »

Afternoon how's everyone's day then? Cracked on with the corsa today for a few hours was quite cold lol

Cracked on with removing interior to swap carpets over as the grey one has been annoying me. All was going well till came to the passenger seat always wondered why it didn't move the last owner wasn't very carefull installing the seats it seams

Anyway managed to get both bolts out after the grinder came out

Nice clean floor and seems all solid anyway which is always a bonus

New bolts

Next up my door handle had broke luckily I had replacements from a pre97 corsa painted them silver ready to swap over didn't realise tho the rear mechanisms are different. Managed to remove the lock barrel as i lost the original key so don't actually have keys to lock the car luckily it's off the road atm and its on the to do list thinking vectra rear handles and a central locking kit anyways got it fitted so door can be opened and closed as normal Image

Xe mount fitted still need a smallblock 8v mount tho to connect that to engine

And finally gave it a little wash pay day on Friday will see some items being ordered that include a nova rubber mount for the drivers engine mount a slime line fan and a dash flocking kit. And will go collect my 1.2 8v mount and 1.4 rad

Thanks for looking

Cmcorsa
CB-Uk User

Post by Cmcorsa »

Hey guys quick update as I'm off work today back tomorrow though unfortunately so plans for today to upgrade gear linkage and get it all connected up so jacked the car right up and got it sitting on ramps and placed the jack under engine to support it.

So slid under and went to undo the rear mount and noticed a problem which I didn't notice when I fitted the z18 the starters so big that the gear linkage touches it [emoji50]

So came in and read a few threads whilst making a cuppa and indeed u can't use the standard starter so luckily I still have the 1.0 lying next to the garage so whipped off its starter

Using a wheel brace can see different 1.8 left 1.0 right

So gets that swapped over seems to be more clearance it's still tight though

Anyway moving onto the gear linkage

Standard

New plastic cups and metal rod on top miles more tighter

So back under I go and bolt rear mount back up after sqeezing the linkage into its space thought while I'm here I'll get the gears connected see how they feel etc

2 drill bits to hold the box and stick in nauteral

So jump under and make sure all is well and go to tighen the 13mm nut on the linkage and seized solid won't budge look up and then notice one of the blue cups I had fitted as feel out gutted after all that work it's going need to come back out! Seems corsa c bits are smaller? Anyways thanks for looking if anyone has any info on the linkage feel free to post some ideas cheers

stanc3w0rks
CB-Uk User

Post by stanc3w0rks »

What gearbox is that your using? Is it big or small block? Just asking as I have an f20 box and was wondering if I can use my 1.2 starter in it.

Cmcorsa
CB-Uk User

Post by Cmcorsa »

stanc3w0rks wrote:What gearbox is that your using? Is it big or small block? Just asking as I have an f20 box and was wondering if I can use my 1.2 starter in it.

The smallblock gearbox from the 1.0 I'm running f10 or f13 I think I've a 2.0 starter in the garage I could try in the 1.0 if that helps

stanc3w0rks
CB-Uk User

Post by stanc3w0rks »

Ahhno thats hassle you probably dont need lol. Cheers though.

Cmcorsa
CB-Uk User

Post by Cmcorsa »

stanc3w0rks wrote:Ahhno thats hassle you probably dont need lol. Cheers though.

Don't mind helping out bud