Corsa b project log 1.0

For New & Continuing Projects Only.
NOT for past projects or questions.
nathcarr
CB-Uk User

Re: Corsa b project log 1.0

Post by nathcarr »

Rían P wrote:Opel bits look good lad! Funny that it's such a simple thing, but it does help.

Hope your calibra stuff shows up, would hate it if something was arseing you about.
How will you retrim the door cards? Not seen too many B's with retrimed cards.

Looking forward to next update :)
Cheers dude [emoji106] yeah they really do make the difference just need to do my mudflaps now.

Yeah I hope they turn up too mate I mean the lad maybe has posted them and just not let me know but you know when you just get that feeling about something.....

Yeah well my plan is mate I'm gonna take my door cards off so I've got literally just the fabric part and then have all my suede cut up to just oversize so room to play with and then just use spray adhesive to stick in on then use staples on the back to hold the edges down, that's the plan anyway, if I can get the old stuff off easy enough that will be coming off too but failing that just stick the suede on top off what's on [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rían P
CB-Uk User

Post by Rían P »

Well sure it's through Ebay anyway so safe enough.

The suede will look brill like, should change the inside of the B quite a bit.
Lookibg forward to Granny Nath's Sewing Update :lol: only joking lad!
nathcarr
CB-Uk User

Post by nathcarr »

Rían P wrote:Well sure it's through Ebay anyway so safe enough.

The suede will look brill like, should change the inside of the B quite a bit.
Lookibg forward to Granny Nath's Sewing Update :lol: only joking lad!
Hahaha love that I could set up my own little corner shop called granny Naths sewing and upholstery [emoji23] and do nothing but drink tea and eat scones with the locals.

Yeah hoping to get a bit done tonight but I'm on with re routing my amp so will probably just finish that off first I'll get some pics up of it looks quite smart, nothing amazing like but nice enough for me anyway

nathcarr
CB-Uk User

Post by nathcarr »

So little update got some primer on my tailgate at last [emoji108]
Etch primer
High build/filler primer
Also been re routing my amp so I've had wires everywhere but got them all tidied up the pics don't really do it an justice looks a lot beer in person so the boot is nearly finish
Gonna try get a little bit done tomorrow but my missus starts work again tomorrow after her maternity leave so will be limited to what I can do in the house on the car but if I can get my door cards off tonight I can make a start re upholstery on them while the little one is having her afternoon nap.

More updates soon lads [emoji106][emoji108]

Rían P
CB-Uk User

Post by Rían P »

nathcarr wrote:
Hahaha love that I could set up my own little corner shop called granny Naths sewing and upholstery [emoji23] and do nothing but drink tea and eat scones with the locals.

Yeah hoping to get a bit done tonight but I'm on with re routing my amp so will probably just finish that off first I'll get some pics up of it looks quite smart, nothing amazing like but nice enough for me anyway

Basically every sewing shop ever there. Or even the charity shops haha it's always elderly woman who are so friendly with their wee tunics and all.

'Granny Nath's Sewing and Upholstery' sounds legit lol You might just be on to something! Perhaps a business plan from the past there?
nathcarr
CB-Uk User

Post by nathcarr »

What's everyone's thoughts on my attempt to re upholster my door cards this is just the 1st one its not 100% but gives me an idea what it will look like just as well I've got another 5 metres to go at
Before
After

Rían P
CB-Uk User

Post by Rían P »

Looks class! Very professional looking 8)
nathcarr
CB-Uk User

Post by nathcarr »

Rían P wrote:Looks class! Very professional looking 8)
Cheers lad [emoji106] it's not on the best it's got like stretch creases in it so I'm gonna pull it back off and try again with a new strip plus also I've managed to pull the old stuff of the other side door card so I just have a fresh card to glue to so I'm hoping that might make things a little bit easier too I've got another 5 metres but at least this attempt has gave me an idea what it will look like, not as easy as I thought tho Rían lad, kinda been in a mood with it since because it didn't go right first time but think I was just being in realistic when I thought it would

nathcarr
CB-Uk User

Post by nathcarr »

So that's another door card done this one is a lot better than the previous one, still one corner to sort out before fitting to the car but gonna get my lasses dad to have a look at that bit
Ps if your father in law suggests using an iron to do this kind of job....listen to him it's helped massively with getting the creases out

nathcarr
CB-Uk User

Post by nathcarr »

Early start this morning got the drivers side door card all back on and it's looking half decent, couple of minor imperfections but hardly noticeable [emoji4] so that's one door card down and just 3 more to do haha, my missus went to bed at 11 last night and I thought I'm gonna get that card done went to bed at half 2 [emoji85] all worth it tho

johnny
Senior Moderator

Post by johnny »

Does it look that colour in person or does it look black?

I'd be interested in Tring somthing similar myself

Sent from my SM-G900F
If it doesn't fit,
force it,
If it breaks,
It needed replacing anyway :thumbs:
nathcarr
CB-Uk User

Post by nathcarr »

johnny wrote:Does it look that colour in person or does it look black?

I'd be interested in Tring somthing similar myself

Sent from my SM-G900F
It's ever so slightly darker In person Johnny but not black but you can get the same stuff in black, I fancied grey to brake the colour up a little bit inside because of the black leather and all black dash and stuff just thought would be a change something different.

It's not an awfully bad job to do just got to have patients with it like, took me 3 hours last night to do 1 card but I was tired as well so that won't of helped, but honestly an iron makes a hell of a difference to how it goes on [emoji106]

Rían P
CB-Uk User

Post by Rían P »

Looking good pal! If you weren't happy with the first one then you should be over the moon here. Looks very good and definitely changes the look of the door!
nathcarr
CB-Uk User

Post by nathcarr »

Thanks Rian mate it's a rewarding job to see such a big difference but it's a long job you don't need any distractions when doing it.

nathcarr
CB-Uk User

Post by nathcarr »

Today my new door handles came [emoji4]
On a not so light note tho getting a refund from PayPal for my seats [emoji107][emoji20] they haven't even been posted our out so I'm a bit gutted about that, so not sure on what to do with my interior now for seats, ideally I wanted a full set of leathers for PVS but looks like I'm just gonna have to wait it out and see if some come up for sale close to me, either that or take the back seats out and false floor all the back and just have the 2 front seats, just don't want it looking mix n match like it does at the moment.

Will be painting my tailgate this weekend though and then in 2 weeks time I'm doing the passenger side and rear bumper so the whole car will of been painted apart from the roof, so making progress [emoji106]