Re: Corsa b project log 1.0

Post by nathcarr »

Hahaha probably be better wages than painting cars lad [emoji106][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
nathcarr
CB-Uk User

Post by nathcarr »

Does anyone have a step by step process of how to get the rear calibra leathers to fit into a corsa B as I've heard they need a bit of modification, finally got a set on the way to me so I'll be on with doing the next weekend just wondered if any one had any info

Cheers in advance lads

andy w
CB-Uk User

Post by andy w »

I think Barraclough did a set on his old corsa but iirc the back plate needs swapping from the original set
If it ain't green and black send it back :D
nathcarr
CB-Uk User

Post by nathcarr »

andy w wrote:I think Barraclough did a set on his old corsa but iirc the back plate needs swapping from the original set
Cheers Andy mate I'll have a look for the thread and see if I can see it, so would that mean then that the calibra seats that split 2 and 1 would just be complete as a 1 because my back seats fold down in one go rather than the 1 and 2 split

Barraclough
CB-Uk User

Post by Barraclough »

They were a night mare. Once you get them in, don't plan on folding the seats down haha. Also best to put door cards in first if your changing them to. I made the mistake of putting seats in first and struggled to get leather door cards in.
Rían P
CB-Uk User

Post by Rían P »

nathcarr wrote:Hahaha probably be better wages than painting cars lad [emoji106][emoji23]

Lol fair enough Nath :lol:
Did you get get a set of calibra rears lad?
nathcarr
CB-Uk User

Post by nathcarr »

Barraclough wrote:They were a night mare. Once you get them in, don't plan on folding the seats down haha. Also best to put door cards in first if your changing them to. I made the mistake of putting seats in first and struggled to get leather door cards in.
Yeah I was thinking this mate, my suede comes on Tuesday so I'll get all that done ready for putting the seats in at the weekend, I have read that they are a nightmare to do, I'm kinda hoping that the of I bought them off had them in his corsa so if that's the case it might be all ready just to go in but knowing my luck I doubt it haha

nathcarr
CB-Uk User

Post by nathcarr »

Rían P wrote:
nathcarr wrote:Hahaha probably be better wages than painting cars lad [emoji106][emoji23]

Lol fair enough Nath :lol:
Did you get get a set of calibra rears lad?
I certainly have lad [emoji106] been after some for a while now and finally got some today, so hopefully will be able to get my interior finished off and then that's one less job [emoji16]

had a bit of a spending spree really this month but had a bit of overtime added into the pay packet so that's why I've got it all,
Also won an Opel boot look on eBay [emoji106] I offered the lad 20 quid for it the other day and he said no he wanted near 35 and I won it for 13 [emoji23] so bet he's wishing he took the 20 now (win for Nath [emoji106][emoji108])

Rían P
CB-Uk User

Post by Rían P »

Ah good! I'm sure you're glad a set came up!

Sure that's what money's for - to barter with so you might as well spend it haha
I'd say he's not a bit happy about it like haha - Nath = 1 , Ebay Opel boot lock seller who turned down Nath's very reasonable offer of £20, but went on to sell it for £13 = 0
nathcarr
CB-Uk User

Post by nathcarr »

Haha yeah man [emoji106] I can actually see me not getting it if the bloke takes pap, but it was paid for properly through pay pal so least I'm covered [emoji106]

nathcarr
CB-Uk User

Corsa b project log 1.0

Post by nathcarr »

So done a little bit more work on the tailgate, I left the jenolite on over the weekend and it has risen the metal a little bit but it can happen due to the chemical reaction with it eating into the rust, so a little bit more filler work was involved but just a skim of filler seems to of sorted it and by the time it's high built primed and blocked off will be sweet
Hopefully the window bloke is coming tomorrow to take the screen out of it so can get it all painted and then fitted to the car with a new screen in [emoji108]

On another note won a set of chrome interior handles on eBay so just a little extra something to make the interior a little different, and my suede fabric arrived so I will get on with that and get some pictures uploaded it's hard to take a photo of 5 metres of suede haha

Updates soon lads [emoji108]

Rían P
CB-Uk User

Post by Rían P »

Coming on well Nath!

Are you going to totally smooth this bootlid or just put back to standard condition?
nathcarr
CB-Uk User

Post by nathcarr »

Rían P wrote:Coming on well Nath!

Are you going to totally smooth this bootlid or just put back to standard condition?
Yeah getting there mate should be primed tomorrow [emoji106],

I was gonna go semi smooth so boot lock and wiper but I won an Opel boot lock so I'm just gonna keep it standard mate and put the wiper back on but thinking of putting s Renault Clio one one because rather than the metal wiper arm it will have like the plastic surround on then so should look cleaner at the back end with that on if that makes sense mate.

nathcarr
CB-Uk User

Post by nathcarr »

Just a quick little update on parts, my Opel bits arrived today so Opel centre caps
There just stickers unfortunately but look better than nothing I suppose,
Also Opel boot lock
Please ignore the bird crap as I need to wash her haha, just got it on my old tailgate just now because still on with painting my other one,

So still waiting on my chrome interior door handles coming and my rear leathers which its looking like I could of possibly been shafted for them as everytime I message the lad for an arrival date or if they have been shipped out he doesn't reply so god knows where they are, I paid through PayPal as goods or service so i should be covered if he just doesn't send them.

So weekends job is going to include finishing the boot and wiring in the amp in its new position and hopefully make a start on my door cards

Updates to follow lads [emoji106]

Rían P
CB-Uk User

Post by Rían P »

Opel bits look good lad! Funny that it's such a simple thing, but it does help.

Hope your calibra stuff shows up, would hate it if something was arseing you about.
How will you retrim the door cards? Not seen too many B's with retrimed cards.

Looking forward to next update :)