5-stud conversion

Help and advice section for technical questions on your Corsa.
Please check that your query hasn't already been answered in FAQ and Technical Info section.

Moderator: Octane2097

bombproof
CB-Uk Newbie

5-stud conversion

Post by bombproof »

Hi, New to the forum, well forums in general actually [emoji53] so I'm sorry if this is in the wrong section. I just need some help regarding converting to 5-stud. Am i right in thinking I need either cav or calibra front hubs then machined down to corsa bearing size? And on the rear I need either cav v6 or Saab donor axles to rob the backing plates and brakes from, using astra gte handbrake cables? This is what I have read up online but haven't seen a specific guide as such, only rear disc fitting guide. Does anyone have a link to a guide or know exactly what parts I need? Oh, it's a 2.0 8v so I would assume it has the right shafts but will probably need to change the outer cv joints. Lastly are there any other alternative donor vehicles, corsa c, astra g etc? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
coupe77
CB-Uk User

Re: 5-stud conversion

Post by coupe77 »

The hubs can be done 2 ways
1 use the full hub from the cav and change the outer cv joint
Or use the motor sport hub from lmf
The rears you will need the full hub with calliper carrier but you will also need the spacer that's welded to the axle and you will need to re weld it on yours
If you are using the engine and box from the 2.0 you will need to make up the drive shift using the inner and outer cv from the 2.0 and the drive shaft from the Corsa or you can get them already done from lmf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Jeacotts-motors/611022572351820