Project Pete (Project 200)

For New & Continuing Projects Only.
NOT for past projects or questions.
burgundyB
CB-Uk Newbie

Project Pete (Project 200)

Post by burgundyB »

Aup guys I'm new to forums and I'm starting my first project which is on a 1 litre Corsa b so thought I'd log my progress on here. Iv named him Pete or project 200 as that the bhp I want.
Paid £450 for him 70k miles and 12 months MOT. Probably could of got a cheaper one but wasn't pateint enough.
Seems pretty tidy except had a bit of welding on the sills and they've made a poor job or it so that needs sorting.
My plans are
Depo headlights
Gsi kit
Sport spoiler
Gsi interior
Wind deflectors
Big brakes
Speedline allessio alloys
Lowered 40mm
Then when Iv for it looking how I want it Saab turbo engine
This is my first project and hoping to do all the work myself on my nans drive (sorry nan)
I'm working away this week and at santapod for the weekend but going try get looking how I want for PVS
Here's pete anyway any opinions and advice is welcome good or bad :)
Thrown a picture of my daily in there as well
The reason for the 1 litre burgundy is because when I was 17 my nan bought me one exactly like it and wish I never sold it. Been getting some greif for choosing it for a project car but haters gonna hate :)
andy w
CB-Uk User

Re: Project Pete (Project 200)

Post by andy w »

Looks good which engine ya goin to use for the upgrade
If it ain't green and black send it back :D
burgundyB
CB-Uk Newbie

Post by burgundyB »

Cheers mate and b204 hopefully. Going read a few forum threads on the conversions then hopefully have a go myself. I'm picking up gsi seats, speedline alessio alloys and a spoiler up Friday. They all need refurb but are a half decent price. I'm going to fill the welding plate in with filler at the weekend if I get chance. Then primer the underside of the car, stone chip it, paint it and waxoyl it.
andy w
CB-Uk User

Post by andy w »

If the wheels needed respraying i wud go for gloss black as imo will suit the car and seen alot use the saab engines at pvs last year but were mainly in vectras as the are a direct fit irrc but intrested in sein the outcome of ur conversion do where abouts ya from
burgundyB
CB-Uk Newbie

Post by burgundyB »

Yeah I'm thinking graphite grey, Opel badges for wheels, grill and boot. Finding a gsi bumper or skirts near me or that will post is becoming a pain tho. I'm from Stoke. Just noticed your from Newcastle under Lyme. Where abouts you from?
andy w
CB-Uk User

Post by andy w »

Chesterton mate lol bout time more from our end come here as see loads of bs around us im up bentilee alot of the time as my bro lives there where in stoke r ya
burgundyB
CB-Uk Newbie

Post by burgundyB »

Seriously I'm from bradwell lol. Do you go the car meets around our end?
andy w
CB-Uk User

Post by andy w »

Neh unforfortunately mate as work 12 hour shifts and family and all that so dont really have loads of time lol
burgundyB
CB-Uk Newbie

Post by burgundyB »

Fair enough mate, you going any car shows this year? Hoping take my b a few if I have the funds to get it how I want it
andy w
CB-Uk User

Post by andy w »

Hopefully mate but goes on money and finnishing my car awell buy shud be later this year
mbonner02
CB-Uk User

Post by mbonner02 »

Just been flicking through. Looks good and and sound good. However those Saab turbo engines are an absolute headache to fit into a corsa bay and a bitch to wire compared to a c20let. Need to get mine on the rollers it should be doing around 150bhp I would of thought by now which in a little b is unreal lol. Think yours will look wicked with the little mods on I've never seen one done in this colour. Even with just the suspension spoiler and wheels will make a massive change. Should look wicked

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Corsa weapon A.K.A the Scooby Killer ;)
burgundyB
CB-Uk Newbie

Post by burgundyB »

Cheers mate, what's 150 like in a corsa then? Saab engine might be a bit ambitious then. Might be c20let then I just want it to really surprise people. When it's complete probably just store it for shows and start another project. Yeah I was going get either a red, white or blue one but seemed common and wanted something different. Really excited now, working away is killing me cus I just want get stuck in. It's got stone chip on the bottom of the car by the sills but comes about 3 inches above sills so it's on show and look crap. So going remove all that soon as I get home Friday
andy w
CB-Uk User

Post by andy w »

If ya want go adventerous ya cud put a v6 engine in
mbonner02
CB-Uk User

Post by mbonner02 »

150bhp is just the right amount to keep it on the right side of a fun daily dive. Anything more and it's a pain in the arse. Just added a 20v lean cupra turbo to the death list tonight like lol. Yeah as Andy says the c25xe is a wicked engine. Someone was selling an Arden blue one round my way recently for £700. Went straight away like haha. Not much gets away from mine like round the streets or even on the motorway but with having the 1ltr gearbox it bounces at 7000 rpm at 130mph (raised limit thanks to the powerbox performance intake manifold!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Corsa weapon A.K.A the Scooby Killer ;)
burgundyB
CB-Uk Newbie

Post by burgundyB »

Just a quick update, went santapod at the weekend and there was a Saab b204 corsa b there and it was absolutely rapid. Defiantly going be the conversion I go for. My mate who has a little bit of mechanical knowledge said he will give me a hand getting it mounted and plumbed in. But he isn't sure on the wiring side. My plan is to buy a donor car saab and swap everything over. Apparently I can get plug in adaptors made for the wiring. Does anyone know how these work? Iv got no idea on the wiring. Iv bought a spoiler, gsi seats, coilovers and speedline as well now. My mate is lending me his 284mm brakes I think they are. Then told me just buy him some more when he does his conversion. So then hopefully will be ready for the conversion in a couple of months. I'll get some pics of the stuff Iv bought on Friday when I get back from work :)