My corsa B upgrades?:

Automotive topics & discussion.
MK13
CB-Uk Newbie

My corsa B upgrades?:

Post by MK13 »

Hello, I have recently boought a corsa B P reg for my first car, Im looking at getting a few upgrades for it, Im looking at getting some black alloys but unsure what size i need?, id also like to get some speakers for the back, there is space eitherside of the parcel shelf, but again unsure what size I am going to need, the tweeters in the front doors also dont work, does anyone know how I can fix them myself?, or where I can buy some decent aftermarket tweeters?, the rear washer on the window also does not work and there is water leaking into the boot, any help/ feedback would be greatly appriciated thanks.
johnny
Senior Moderator

Re: My corsa B upgrades?:

Post by johnny »

14 or 15s is what you want, 16s fit but not well

Back speakers are 4 or 5 inch I think but your better just sticking 6x9s or something in the shelf because the standards are to small tbh

Tweeters I have no idea, there pointless imo [emoji38]

Rear washers, the pipe has probably come loose from the jet and it's pouring into the boot

:)
If it doesn't fit,
force it,
If it breaks,
It needed replacing anyway :thumbs:
diggerhole
CB-Uk User

Post by diggerhole »

Imageare the tweeters there. Pop the cover off and see if it looks like this
andy w
CB-Uk User

Post by andy w »

Like johnny says on the wheels side but mr personally the corsa looked better on 15s. Speakers it goes on everyones own taste most choose 6x9 for the shelf i prefered 6". Tweeters are really designed for the high pitched sounds but i have fusion cross overs which have both speaker and tweeters but it goes on your budget water in the boot is either from like johnny says or the seal on the boot needs replacing
If it ain't green and black send it back :D
MK13
CB-Uk Newbie

Post by MK13 »

Thanks for your response guys,

For the alloys do you mean ''15-16'' in inches?,

I have also just had a look in the panel for the tweeters, and there isnt anything there, just a blank space with no wiring, i have had a look on the internet and there isnt any information on how to install tweeters at all, do you know how i could install some decent aftermarket tweeters and where the wiring would have to connect?,

and as for the rear speakers, it does seem like too much trouble to put the speakers in where they should go beneath the plastics, might just end up sticking some in the parcel shelf, i have a pair of 150 watt edge speakers in the front doors, but dont really fancy having a sub taking up the boot space, can you reccomend a set of speakers for the parcel shelf and what whats wound sound decent without being too loud?.
Deedee91
CB-Uk User

Post by Deedee91 »

MK13 wrote:Thanks for your response guys,

For the alloys do you mean ''15-16'' in inches?,

I have also just had a look in the panel for the tweeters, and there isnt anything there, just a blank space with no wiring, i have had a look on the internet and there isnt any information on how to install tweeters at all, do you know how i could install some decent aftermarket tweeters and where the wiring would have to connect?,

and as for the rear speakers, it does seem like too much trouble to put the speakers in where they should go beneath the plastics, might just end up sticking some in the parcel shelf, i have a pair of 150 watt edge speakers in the front doors, but dont really fancy having a sub taking up the boot space, can you reccomend a set of speakers for the parcel shelf and what whats wound sound decent without being too loud?.
Make a stealth shelf. Will cost you 20 quid extra on top of the speakers.
MK13
CB-Uk Newbie

Post by MK13 »

Whats a stealth shelf?, also, the plastic trims have become discolored and almost white instead of black, I have bn reccomended to use a spraypaint called ''plasti-dip'' on them, does anyone on here have any exp using this product at all?, or if there is anything better I could use?.
MK13
CB-Uk Newbie

Post by MK13 »

Also, still looking for a set of decent aftermarket tweeters, does anyone have a link to a decent set?.
mbonner02
CB-Uk User

Post by mbonner02 »

Stealth shelf is putting 6x9s in the parcel shelf and hiding them with acoustic carpet or an old pair of tights so the hidden. As for arches either colour code or gloss black them or use back to black. As for tweeters just have a deeky on halfords website and make sure you get the right size

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Corsa weapon A.K.A the Scooby Killer ;)
Deedee91
CB-Uk User

Post by Deedee91 »

MK13 wrote:Whats a stealth shelf?, also, the plastic trims have become discolored and almost white instead of black, I have bn reccomended to use a spraypaint called ''plasti-dip'' on them, does anyone on here have any exp using this product at all?, or if there is anything better I could use?.
There's a few ways to do it.. You can build a whole new parcel shelf with a void in it and the speakers hidden in there made of MDF or a number of variations on that

My way to do it is to take two pieces of mdf and using 25x25mm wood around the edges attach it to the back of the parcel shelf with the speaker hanging from the MDF. Before you attach that cut two 6x9 holes in the parcel shelf fill them with some mesh. Once it's all screwed and glued together cover the whole lot with black or grey or whatever colour acoustic fabric takes you fancy