New Silver 1.0 B

For New & Continuing Projects Only.
NOT for past projects or questions.
JamesT0708
CB-Uk User

Re: New Silver 1.0 B

Post by JamesT0708 »

mbonner02 wrote:[emoji36][emoji50][emoji50][emoji50] I love 3dsms my mates got them on his zaf gsi dropped to the deck looks sexual. However I do agree that the corsa "limited edition" is a O_o joke. Limited edition surely means they make a set number such as 500 like the scooby rb5 edition and sell them on. There's actually more limited editions on the road then normal ones. In my estate alone there's 7 corsa d 5 of which are limited edition. How do you explain that. I hate them. Corsa b's are just htid! Haha

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Noooo, if you look on facebook they're everywhere. I used to like them but people catch on and now the novelty's wore off :lol: yeah limited edition Corsa's are horrendous. My mate swear's that it's because the dealership can only order one a month to the shop, but that's bullshit because 12 per year for each dealer wouldn't result in thousands of them in one place haha, you could probably guess that he has one so's he's just defending himself haha. I go to uni where only 3 or 4 people in my hall drive, 2 of them own limited editions :lol:
mbonner02
CB-Uk User

Post by mbonner02 »

That's bulshit lol. I have a Vauxhall garage near mine and there's about 5 on the forecourt. Plus I have 5 in my estate and there's hundreds in my area lol

Corsa weapon A.K.A the Scooby Killer ;)
stanc3w0rks
CB-Uk User

Post by stanc3w0rks »

Come to Ireland and buy my banded steelies haha [emoji38]

Sent from my GT-I8200N using Tapatalk
JamesT0708
CB-Uk User

Post by JamesT0708 »

mbonner02 wrote:That's bulshit lol. I have a Vauxhall garage near mine and there's about 5 on the forecourt. Plus I have 5 in my estate and there's hundreds in my area lol

Tried to tell him that but there's no reasoning with him haha, he's right about everything. They're like a disease
mbonner02
CB-Uk User

Post by mbonner02 »

Aye haha. My other secret love are bandit steelies^^^^. Or my personal favourite which you never see. Bandit space savers!

JamesT0708
CB-Uk User

Post by JamesT0708 »

Space saver's usually have a maximum speed of like 50mph though don't they haha? I got ffered some G60 banded steelies in black and metallic purple to swap for my cups but they were 8.5j. No way they'd have gone under the car :lol:
mbonner02
CB-Uk User

Post by mbonner02 »

There only that speed because of the width of the tyre. Once their banded it's just like any other wheel only its out there as a one off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
stanc3w0rks
CB-Uk User

Post by stanc3w0rks »

@mbonner02 banded space savers look amazing! I've only ever seen pictures on a golf.

JamesT0708
CB-Uk User

Post by JamesT0708 »

mbonner02 wrote:There only that speed because of the width of the tyre. Once their banded it's just like any other wheel only its out there as a one off

Oh yeah that makes sense. I'm slowly going off banded steelies though, I don't know why they're just too common
stanc3w0rks
CB-Uk User

Post by stanc3w0rks »

Not too common my end thankfully lol

JamesT0708
CB-Uk User

Post by JamesT0708 »

Got a decent update. Was supposed to go and see some BBS RZ wheels today, but a few hours before I bottled it because I fancied something with a bit more dish haha. He gave me a price I couldn't refuse though so I went anyway, and I'm so glad I did. Ended up buying them and they're just what I'm after, right colour and tuck just how I wanted them to;

On the car;

And got a quick picture of the front, love the width of them from the front [emoji16]

Also bought a new rear number plate lens/housing directly from Vauxhall. Only £3 something and gets rid of the horrible yellow colour;

Only downside of the wheels is there's a centre cap missing which I need to get hold of and they don't sell spigot rings from VW to Vauxhall centre bore. It's only a 0.5mm difference, but I'm worried the bolts will come lose haha. A lot of people have suggested electrical tape but I'll figure something out, not paying £50 for custom ones for a 0.5mm difference.

Been a good day all in all [emoji4]

Barraclough
CB-Uk User

Post by Barraclough »

They look great, have they been recently refurbed
JamesT0708
CB-Uk User

Post by JamesT0708 »

Barraclough wrote:They look great, have they been recently refurbed
Thanks mate :) yeah they have. They were originally white but now they're Vauxhall Metal Grey, I love the colour
johnny
Senior Moderator

Post by johnny »

Colour is amazing with the silver :)

What size are they? Bit small looking

That front wheel looks too far forward to me, was it ever hit
If it doesn't fit,
force it,
If it breaks,
It needed replacing anyway :thumbs:
mbonner02
CB-Uk User

Post by mbonner02 »

Yeah that front wheel is rediculiuy far forward. Have you had it aligned since putting on coilovers as well?