New Silver 1.0 B

For New & Continuing Projects Only.
NOT for past projects or questions.
JamesT0708
CB-Uk User

Re: New Silver 1.0 B

Post by JamesT0708 »

mbonner02 wrote:
JamesT0708 wrote:So I had a good go at rolling the arches earlier, and they did go, just no-where near enough as I needed them to. Eventually came to the sad conclusion that i'll just never get it sitting how I want with the cups, so they'll be back up for sale soon :( gonna look for something a little less wide. Also re-wired my sub with my new wiring kit that arrived the other day, got it all hooked up and still nothing. The power and the ground are both working as I got plenty of sparks when they were in contact, which just leaves the remote. It's definitely not the remote wire, so through process of elimination it has to be the remote wire coming from my headunit, which means a new headunit or a new wiring harness.

It's been a pretty dreadful day tbh, I've got a lot done but none of it has ended how I planned haha.
Did you not move onto the baseball bat after using the wrench?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
No mate, I only have a wooden one and I just didn't want it to snap. It didn't look like it was going to give much anyway, nowhere near as much as I needed it to
mbonner02
CB-Uk User

Post by mbonner02 »

JamesT0708 wrote:
mbonner02 wrote:
JamesT0708 wrote:So I had a good go at rolling the arches earlier, and they did go, just no-where near enough as I needed them to. Eventually came to the sad conclusion that i'll just never get it sitting how I want with the cups, so they'll be back up for sale soon :( gonna look for something a little less wide. Also re-wired my sub with my new wiring kit that arrived the other day, got it all hooked up and still nothing. The power and the ground are both working as I got plenty of sparks when they were in contact, which just leaves the remote. It's definitely not the remote wire, so through process of elimination it has to be the remote wire coming from my headunit, which means a new headunit or a new wiring harness.

It's been a pretty dreadful day tbh, I've got a lot done but none of it has ended how I planned haha.
Did you not move onto the baseball bat after using the wrench?

No mate, I only have a wooden one and I just didn't want it to snap. It didn't look like it was going to give much anyway, nowhere near as much as I needed it to
What's your tyre size? And is the wooden bat a smooth varnished one or rough one?

Corsa weapon A.K.A the Scooby Killer ;)
JamesT0708
CB-Uk User

Post by JamesT0708 »

I can't remember off the top of my head mate, could be 195/45/15. It's varnished mate, I know you'll think it's stronger like but it's been knocking around my house for years as a weapon :lol: don't think it's as strong as it once was
mbonner02
CB-Uk User

Post by mbonner02 »

JamesT0708 wrote:I can't remember off the top of my head mate, could be 195/45/15. It's varnished mate, I know you'll think it's stronger like but it's been knocking around my house for years as a weapon :lol: don't think it's as strong as it once was
If you've already made a start in the arches you can use it mate because you've already softened the metal so it'll lol twice as easy. As for the tyres go to your part worn centre and get some 185/45/15 as the tyre will stretch and be further away from the arch meaning it is t in the place it was causing it to rub

JamesT0708
CB-Uk User

Post by JamesT0708 »

mbonner02 wrote:
JamesT0708 wrote:I can't remember off the top of my head mate, could be 195/45/15. It's varnished mate, I know you'll think it's stronger like but it's been knocking around my house for years as a weapon :lol: don't think it's as strong as it once was
If you've already made a start in the arches you can use it mate because you've already softened the metal so it'll lol twice as easy. As for the tyres go to your part worn centre and get some 185/45/15 as the tyre will stretch and be further away from the arch meaning it is t in the place it was causing it to rub

Yeah I have thought about getting stretched tyres, it's just more hassle than it's worth now though mate and they don't look as good as I thought they would if i'm honest. Might try and get something a bit easier to work with haha
stanc3w0rks
CB-Uk User

Post by stanc3w0rks »

Dont give up. What width are the ats cups?

Sent from my GT-I8200N using Tapatalk
JamesT0708
CB-Uk User

Post by JamesT0708 »

stanc3w0rks wrote:Dont give up. What width are the ats cups?

I was told they were 7j when I bought them but apparently they're 7j because the dish isn't big enough to be 7. I think the offeset's between 29 and 38. I don't get it, if they are 6j ET 29, my last wheels were 7.5j ET 20 and I got them to fit comfortably, I don't know why they're so big
stanc3w0rks
CB-Uk User

Post by stanc3w0rks »

You can measure the width and offset.

JamesT0708
CB-Uk User

Post by JamesT0708 »

stanc3w0rks wrote:You can measure the width and offset.

I know yeah, i'm fairly sure it's 6j. I couldn't see the offset on the back of the wheel because it's so dirty and I was to lazy to clean it and check haha, i've been told it's 36
JamesT0708
CB-Uk User

Post by JamesT0708 »

Finally got off my arse to sort the sub out. Used a spare bit of wire from the 12+ power cable to the remote port on the sub and the power came on, so I knew it was the remote wire from the headunit then. Decided to cut into the headunit's accessory power cable and use that to power the sub, does exactly the same thing so the sub only get power when the key's turned to accessory or the ignition's on :)

Also sold the Cups earlier, made £10 on them which might just cover the cost of collecting them from Leeds in the first place haha. Looking for something with more of a sensible width and a bit more dish for PVS :)
mbonner02
CB-Uk User

Post by mbonner02 »

Shouldn't of got rid of them like imo. I absolutely love ats cups and would have them if they fitted over the v6 brakes lol. Shoulda just got so,e stretchies and sorted the suspension out haha

JamesT0708
CB-Uk User

Post by JamesT0708 »

mbonner02 wrote:Shouldn't of got rid of them like imo. I absolutely love ats cups and would have them if they fitted over the v6 brakes lol. Shoulda just got so,e stretchies and sorted the suspension out haha

I did kind of like them but i'm not sure, just didn't like them on my car :lol: I want something a bit more dishy and showy for the summer anyway, a set of BBS' may be on the cards
mbonner02
CB-Uk User

Post by mbonner02 »

Bobs is just dub through and through man haha
I live next to these which is handy but it's nationwide delivery
http://www.revolution247.com/catalogue/ ... lished-lip
http://www.revolution247.com/catalogue/ ... d-cut-face

Personally I'd go for the 3dsm their naughty as f**k! Proper dirty wheel

JamesT0708
CB-Uk User

Post by JamesT0708 »

mbonner02 wrote:Bobs is just dub through and through man haha
I live next to these which is handy but it's nationwide delivery
http://www.revolution247.com/catalogue/ ... lished-lip
http://www.revolution247.com/catalogue/ ... d-cut-face

Personally I'd go for the 3dsm their naughty as f**k! Proper dirty wheel

I hate 3SDM 0.05's now! Everybody has them, they're worse than limited edition Corsa D's :lol: much prefer 0.03's
mbonner02
CB-Uk User

Post by mbonner02 »

[emoji36][emoji50][emoji50][emoji50] I love 3dsms my mates got them on his zaf gsi dropped to the deck looks sexual. However I do agree that the corsa "limited edition" is a O_o joke. Limited edition surely means they make a set number such as 500 like the scooby rb5 edition and sell them on. There's actually more limited editions on the road then normal ones. In my estate alone there's 7 corsa d 5 of which are limited edition. How do you explain that. I hate them. Corsa b's are just htid! Haha