New Silver 1.0 B

For New & Continuing Projects Only.
NOT for past projects or questions.
mbonner02
CB-Uk User

Re: New Silver 1.0 B

Post by mbonner02 »

JamesT0708 wrote:
mbonner02 wrote:You can only do it that way mate as the force of the car moving forwards drags the bat under and rolls the arch. Start the small end of the bat at the bottom of he rear of the wheel and go from there and build it up until your done.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I'm still not following mate sorry haha. So you use the baseball bat under the arch and roll the car forward and backwards on each side of the arch?
Just like this but depending on clearance start with a skinnier part of the bat

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-ayqAB1AcRQ

Corsa weapon A.K.A the Scooby Killer ;)
JamesT0708
CB-Uk User

Post by JamesT0708 »

mbonner02 wrote:
JamesT0708 wrote:
mbonner02 wrote:You can only do it that way mate as the force of the car moving forwards drags the bat under and rolls the arch. Start the small end of the bat at the bottom of he rear of the wheel and go from there and build it up until your done.

I'm still not following mate sorry haha. So you use the baseball bat under the arch and roll the car forward and backwards on each side of the arch?
Just like this but depending on clearance start with a skinnier part of the bat

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-ayqAB1AcRQ

Oh right i get you! That's quality haha, just don't know how i'm going to get it behind the plastic bit in the arch, and gonna have to make my arch gap quite a bit bigger...
mbonner02
CB-Uk User

Post by mbonner02 »

Like it shows start at the bottom where there's a gap mate. I've done it before on cars that drag their arse down the road and it's fine lol

JamesT0708
CB-Uk User

Post by JamesT0708 »

mbonner02 wrote:Like it shows start at the bottom where there's a gap mate. I've done it before on cars that drag their arse down the road and it's fine lol

The problem i've got is that there's a massive gap towards the bottom but then f**k all room towards the top where the tyre meets the arch. so I won't be able to do the whole arch evenly, i'll just be doing the top bit
mbonner02
CB-Uk User

Post by mbonner02 »

JamesT0708 wrote:
mbonner02 wrote:Like it shows start at the bottom where there's a gap mate. I've done it before on cars that drag their arse down the road and it's fine lol

The problem i've got is that there's a massive gap towards the bottom but then f**k all room towards the top where the tyre meets the arch. so I won't be able to do the whole arch evenly, i'll just be doing the top bit
You will mate. Just like that golf in the video. The tyre will flex and it will roll the arch creating a gap. Use the handle end as its the thinnest. If you lived closer I'd come and do it for you

stanc3w0rks
CB-Uk User

Post by stanc3w0rks »

My way is the same near enough but i jacked the car up and put ny bar between the tyre and arch then slowly lowered the jack and rolled, then lowered abit more and rolled.

Sent from my GT-I8200N using Tapatalk
JamesT0708
CB-Uk User

Post by JamesT0708 »

mbonner02 wrote:
JamesT0708 wrote:

You will mate. Just like that golf in the video. The tyre will flex and it will roll the arch creating a gap. Use the handle end as its the thinnest. If you lived closer I'd come and do it for you

Yeah I think i've got it thanks bud, thanks for the help I really appreciate it. Will go out and give it a go tomorrow :)
mbonner02
CB-Uk User

Post by mbonner02 »

Just make sure when the other person rolls the car back to just do it off the clutch and not just let it roll with the handrake off using gravity. As the tyre bites onto the bat it'll try and wedge it and stick so give a little revs to get it moving very slowly and make sure you rotate the bat the way it rotates when it locks on. You'll get it and understand it when you do it. Start small and work it up until your happy with it.

JamesT0708
CB-Uk User

Post by JamesT0708 »

mbonner02 wrote:Just make sure when the other person rolls the car back to just do it off the clutch and not just let it roll with the handrake off using gravity. As the tyre bites onto the bat it'll try and wedge it and stick so give a little revs to get it moving very slowly and make sure you rotate the bat the way it rotates when it locks on. You'll get it and understand it when you do it. Start small and work it up until your happy with it.

Yeah I think it'll all make sense when I'm doing it. Gonna use the handle to my jack first as that's thinner and the only baseball bat I have is wooden, just hope it doesn't go wrong :meh: haha
mbonner02
CB-Uk User

Post by mbonner02 »

Yeah use that first to get you going. Only way it will go wrong is if you keep the bat or handle flat by which I mean so it's parallel with the ground. Needs to be on a 45 degree angle or so it actually goes in the bit your rolling. If not you'll wreck arch but that's common sense anyways

JamesT0708
CB-Uk User

Post by JamesT0708 »

mbonner02 wrote:Yeah use that first to get you going. Only way it will go wrong is if you keep the bat or handle flat by which I mean so it's parallel with the ground. Needs to be on a 45 degree angle or so it actually goes in the bit your rolling. If not you'll wreck arch but that's common sense anyways

Yeah i'll keep it at an angle and just make sure the edge of the handle is rolling the edge of the arch where I need it rolling, I think I should be alright
mbonner02
CB-Uk User

Post by mbonner02 »

Yeah if possible and if you have the option to, some heat will help get it started and get it going. Heat gun, storage heater etc

JamesT0708
CB-Uk User

Post by JamesT0708 »

mbonner02 wrote:Yeah if possible and if you have the option to, some heat will help get it started and get it going. Heat gun, storage heater etc

I'll use a hairdryer mate and hope it gets hot enough, it hasn't failed me yet haha. Thanks man
JamesT0708
CB-Uk User

Post by JamesT0708 »

So I had a good go at rolling the arches earlier, and they did go, just no-where near enough as I needed them to. Eventually came to the sad conclusion that i'll just never get it sitting how I want with the cups, so they'll be back up for sale soon :( gonna look for something a little less wide. Also re-wired my sub with my new wiring kit that arrived the other day, got it all hooked up and still nothing. The power and the ground are both working as I got plenty of sparks when they were in contact, which just leaves the remote. It's definitely not the remote wire, so through process of elimination it has to be the remote wire coming from my headunit, which means a new headunit or a new wiring harness.

It's been a pretty dreadful day tbh, I've got a lot done but none of it has ended how I planned haha.
mbonner02
CB-Uk User

Post by mbonner02 »

JamesT0708 wrote:So I had a good go at rolling the arches earlier, and they did go, just no-where near enough as I needed them to. Eventually came to the sad conclusion that i'll just never get it sitting how I want with the cups, so they'll be back up for sale soon :( gonna look for something a little less wide. Also re-wired my sub with my new wiring kit that arrived the other day, got it all hooked up and still nothing. The power and the ground are both working as I got plenty of sparks when they were in contact, which just leaves the remote. It's definitely not the remote wire, so through process of elimination it has to be the remote wire coming from my headunit, which means a new headunit or a new wiring harness.

It's been a pretty dreadful day tbh, I've got a lot done but none of it has ended how I planned haha.
Did you not move onto the baseball bat after using the wrench?