New Silver 1.0 B

For New & Continuing Projects Only.
NOT for past projects or questions.
JamesT0708
CB-Uk User

New Silver 1.0 B

Post by JamesT0708 »

Some of you might remember my old 1.0 Atlantis Blue B from early last year, which I got rid of and replaced with my 1.6 Citroen C2 and then my 1.4 Polo 6n2.
I sold both of them for different reasons and then decided I wanted another car after new year when I got back to uni. So last week I got my family back at home to put a deposit down on a silver B, because I missed my old one so much, and i didn't even see it before I went to pick it up later in the week. Here she is;
Cost me £650 and runs amazingly, just as well as my old one. There's a few bits I need to sort here and there like little bits of rust but I'll get that all sorted in time for show season i'm sure. First thing I did was debadge the boot, which ended horrible considering i've done it several times before. Picked up the microfibre on the floor to finish the last bit and didn't realise it had a massive stone inside it :( which resulted in this (awful photo I know);
Not my proudest moment. Anyway, next thing was bass;
Not the best sub in the world but it does the job, probably gonna sell it and get a smaller one. Yesterday I went and bought some sticky stuff remover from Halfrauds and started to take the bumpstrips off. I've never had to do it before, but jesus I didn't think it'd be so hard. I gave up eventually because it was so cold and I wasn't getting anywhere, so it's been left like this at the minute;
Didn't think it'd be so difficult, any tips would be greatly appreciated because i'm struggling haha.

That's it for now. Could do with a clean but it's so cold atm and i'm doing a 160 mile round trip too and from university every weekend so there's not much point atm. Got loads of plans for it atm, just hope I can get it all done in time for summer.

Thanks for looking, any comments welcome :D
mbonner02
CB-Uk User

Re: New Silver 1.0 B

Post by mbonner02 »

Looks like it's got some potential like good tidy starting point. Best tip I've learned off here for that glue is a bit of petrol and elbow grease. Or try feathering heat in with a hair dryer and white spirit

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Corsa weapon A.K.A the Scooby Killer ;)
JamesT0708
CB-Uk User

Post by JamesT0708 »

mbonner02 wrote:Looks like it's got some potential like good tidy starting point. Best tip I've learned off here for that glue is a bit of petrol and elbow grease. Or try feathering heat in with a hair dryer and white spirit

Got qute a few plans for it after my old one. I've tried that mate, need to get it finished tomorrow but it's just too cold
mbonner02
CB-Uk User

Post by mbonner02 »

Hmm when I did my punto I used paint thiners. Make sure you use thinners and not stripper haha. Doesn't affect the paint btw just wash it when your done

JamesT0708
CB-Uk User

Post by JamesT0708 »

mbonner02 wrote:Hmm when I did my punto I used paint thiners. Make sure you use thinners and not stripper haha. Doesn't affect the paint btw just wash it when your done

I'll give white spirit ago tomorrow and then thinners if that doesn't work. Thanks mate, fingers crossed
mbonner02
CB-Uk User

Post by mbonner02 »

Tbh I'd go straight to the thinners. Does the job straight away

mbonner02
CB-Uk User

Post by mbonner02 »

Just got to put some elbow grease into it lol

JamesT0708
CB-Uk User

Post by JamesT0708 »

mbonner02 wrote:Just got to put some elbow grease into it lol

Just worried about screwing my paint up tbh mate haha, and I already have white spirit in my garage, don't think I have thinners
mbonner02
CB-Uk User

Post by mbonner02 »

You won't damage the paint honestly lol. I used thinners on my punto, took a while but got there in the end

JamesT0708
CB-Uk User

Post by JamesT0708 »

mbonner02 wrote:You won't damage the paint honestly lol. I used thinners on my punto, took a while but got there in the end

Alright thanks mate, i'll see what I can do
Westley
CB-Uk User

Post by Westley »

What happened with the 6n2? The B looks good though, can't wait to see the progress on this one [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JamesT0708
CB-Uk User

Post by JamesT0708 »

Westley wrote:What happened with the 6n2? The B looks good though, can't wait to see the progress on this one [emoji106]

After getting all the problems sorted I got to uni and didn't really need a car, it was just a money pit. But then after I sold it I realised i'd made a mistake so i've got this now haha. Thanks man, you still got your C?
Westley
CB-Uk User

Post by Westley »

Ahh fair enough! And yeah still going strong, although I am slowly getting bored and just wanting to get a starlet now [emoji23] but yeah this is it as of now: Image

JamesT0708
CB-Uk User

Post by JamesT0708 »

Westley wrote:Ahh fair enough! And yeah still going strong, although I am slowly getting bored and just wanting to get a starlet now [emoji23] but yeah this is it as of now: Image

I looked for a Steinmetz grille for my preface for so long when I had it, glad you've managed to get hold of one I love them. I refused to pay £180 for a grille haha. It looks good man, did you ever have any luck recovering your B, or find out who did it? I'd love a starlet me, JDM ftw haha
Westley
CB-Uk User

Post by Westley »

I got it for £60! Two lugs snapped and no steinmetz badge but it's perfect! Nah the B has long gone, never got any further info [emoji53] yeah I grew up with a starlet and Ive always wanted one!