Dream car Saturday hopefully

Automotive topics & discussion.
mbonner02
CB-Uk User

Dream car Saturday hopefully

Post by mbonner02 »

For those of you who don't know I used to have what I classed as the road runner of South Shields haha. Image
Mk4 astra gsi. Spent 8k+ on engine. Was more Bout performance then visual mods with this. At its best it was leaving the r34 gtr from round my way and the guys face was a picture. I never seen a pair of tail lights in this thing. Regrettably as you do, I built it drove it had fun with it got used to it and sold it, the idiot who bought it couldn't handle it and wrapped it within a month. Without sounding like a girl I actually weaped haha! Spent a lot of time effort sweat money and late nights building it to be what it was. Last roller session from what I remember was about 480bhp but the torque and it's range was out this world. Tyres needed replaced every month haha! Spec was,
gt2871r hybrid turbo (gt30 compressor wheel)
nortech tubular exhaust manifold
Under piston oil squirters with oil catch tank and high pressure pump
wossner forged pistons
zrp steel forged conrods
acl race bearings
x20xev intake cam with tooth retard
880cc siemens deka injectors custom rail and injector seats made at tx autosport
aero motive 340lph fuel pump
direnza fmic kit
tx autosport 3"
blitz ss bov
greddy spec 2 electronic boost controller
ceramic clutch
hks mushroom air filter
93mm afm
removed balancing shafts
Milltek big bore 3" downpipe
3" exhaust
NGK iridum spark plugs (8th grade temperature spec)
Stripped out back with full fia approved roll cage throughout cab
Anti lag and launch control
Greddy stand alone ecu with piggyback system

Always loved the mk4 gsi and my dream car of all ti,e is one of these in Arden blue so this weekend I, going to see this
If I do return home with it once the corsa is on the road and completed I will be doing pretty much the exact same to this one as the other one with a few more alterations aiming for around 520bhp with this one with the extras I have in mind. Hopefully it may be done for pvs if I pull my finger out and do a short trip away at work. So may see you there with this and light the strip up [emoji2] fingers crossed

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Corsa weapon A.K.A the Scooby Killer ;)
johnny
Senior Moderator

Re: Dream car Saturday hopefully

Post by johnny »

I do have a thing for an arden blue gsi, especially with graphite wheels :)

There slightly sexual :lol:
If it doesn't fit,
force it,
If it breaks,
It needed replacing anyway :thumbs:
mbonner02
CB-Uk User

Post by mbonner02 »

Yep. I would rather have an Arden blue gsi with graphite standard wheels over a Ferrari any day genuinely. It actually is my dream car. Haha it will be getting kept looking how it is now possibly mk3 gsi side vents on the bonnet as I've always been a fan of them. Need to try find the space at the house though lol. I miss my first one so much though. Didn't even sound like a gsi. With the anti lag on it literally spat flames and pops cruising at 20mph at 1500rpm I loved that sound haha could do with a lsdif anyone has any recommendations for if I do get this one though

mbonner02
CB-Uk User

Post by mbonner02 »

Well. Unfortunately when I got there car looked pretty enough as you can see however I looked underneith to make sure everything was straight and ok as it needs to be as I'll be aiming for around 450-520bhp so I don't want it twisting under the load. Unfortunately at some point in its poor life it's been absolutely decked in coil overs and the entire underside has been dragged over speedbumps and the entire floor and chassis is just bent buckled dinged scraped so as soon as I started it would of just destroyed itsself anyways. Gunna have to wait and find another Arden blue one. I'm not getting another one and spraying it I want an original Arden blue haha. However been looking around and WHEN I get a goodun I've decided on the turbo! Packs a punch and it'll fit in the tight bay

mbonner02
CB-Uk User

Post by mbonner02 »

Was planning for the astra but hopefully I'll win this and have a nice easy to use daily and the corsa can be the weekend blast fingers crossed. If I do get it it'll be subtle mods and power gains just aim for around 250ish

mbonner02
CB-Uk User

Post by mbonner02 »

Ooooosh nice new little Daily pocket rocket! [emoji2][emoji6] bidding on some parts already.

Deedee91
CB-Uk User

Post by Deedee91 »

mbonner02 wrote:Ooooosh nice new little Daily pocket rocket! [emoji2][emoji6] bidding on some parts already.

Looks smart mate will make a nice daily driver
mbonner02
CB-Uk User

Post by mbonner02 »

Yeah defiantly. Bought a nice front mount, recirc valve, typhoon filter, turbo back pipe and burg spec bonnet vents for it already haha then it'll be getting mapped as soon as the performance bits are on.