New b

For New & Continuing Projects Only.
NOT for past projects or questions.
charliearmi
CB-Uk User

New b

Post by charliearmi »

Got my new b yesterday.. Sitting low.. Its a 1.2 16v SXI... In arden blue.. Sitting on coilovers with lorenzo rims (i think)... Full sxi interior and power steering much nicer then my old b... But do i do any more to it.. Im the 3rd owner and its only done 67 thousend miles..

Thats the new one...

My old one is a star silver b 1.2 16v envoy model...

Deedee91
CB-Uk User

Re: New b

Post by Deedee91 »

I would just do little things. I mostly did things to make my car more comfortable and easy to use seats elec windows elec sunroof variable wiper control glove is light courtesy light etc for the first 6 months. I've had it over 12 months now and I'm only changing it appearance now, even that is just going to be some colour on the dash a bezel for the clocks and new steering wheel.

I think even if you say you're not gonna modify eventually you will spot something and will be back off again with this one haha
charliearmi
CB-Uk User

Post by charliearmi »

I bought the blue b how it is now.. The silver one i havnt done anything too part from a hoffman straight through pipe.. With standard back box..
Deedee91
CB-Uk User

Post by Deedee91 »

Ah right. I would suggest colour coding it. Maybe some black alloys? I like the sport and gsi ones personally but cav expressions would look good..

Maybe some side skirts?

Black vectra b door handles. Passenger side de locked and drivers side keep the lock. Spray the boot handle black to match vec handles.

De badging and de rub stripping is down to you I quite like the rub strips maybe match them into the wheels are door handles rather than the original black.

Straight through pipe standard back box put a chrome or stainless pipe on the end of the back box if u like a bit of bling.

Interior stealth shelf electric windows mod change bulbs colour put some good Mats in and generally give it a good scrub n clean. Possibly tint the back windows?
charliearmi
CB-Uk User

Post by charliearmi »

Im tinting rear windows.. It has a new manifold on it... With d-cat with a straight through pipe and a 3.5" back box... Happy with the sound..
Deedee91
CB-Uk User

Post by Deedee91 »

I had considered a de cat but was too much faffing changing it back for the mot. I don't like ther car too loud so I kept the back box standard as just the centre pipe made it sound good. Going to do it to this one soon when I find one for a 1ltr that one was for a land cruiser and made it sound evil haha

Make sure to check you use legal tint film plod will hassle you if it looks too dark
charliearmi
CB-Uk User

Post by charliearmi »

Getting the window tinted done by a professional and a mot company next to my work will pass it for me
Deedee91
CB-Uk User

Post by Deedee91 »

Sorted then mate always handy to have a very forgiving friend to do an mot
charliearmi
CB-Uk User

Post by charliearmi »

Yup...do you know how to chage speedo bulbs? I want blue ones.. And also how do you take the center console out and change bulbs and that? Do you know or know of anyone that has done it?
stanc3w0rks
CB-Uk User

Post by stanc3w0rks »

Deedee91 wrote:I had considered a de cat but was too much faffing changing it back for the mot. I don't like ther car too loud so I kept the back box standard as just the centre pipe made it sound good. Going to do it to this one soon when I find one for a 1ltr that one was for a land cruiser and made it sound evil haha

Make sure to check you use legal tint film plod will hassle you if it looks too dark
Rear windows cant be too dark. I sprayed my rear window with a spray can and that didnt fail nct.
Deedee91
CB-Uk User

Post by Deedee91 »

Thought they wer max 70% no idea where that's from must of heard it somewhere
charliearmi
CB-Uk User

Post by charliearmi »

Think thats the front windows mate...
stanc3w0rks
CB-Uk User

Post by stanc3w0rks »

Unless its different in Ireland but here the rear windows can be completley covered like a van.
charliearmi
CB-Uk User

Post by charliearmi »

My mate had his rear windows so blacked out you couldnt see jack poo.. Looked rubbish but was legal..
Deedee91
CB-Uk User

Post by Deedee91 »

in certain 70% isn't the front I remember it being 15% on the front and no tint at all is allowed on the windscreen.

I think I probably am wrong about the back windows though I think that was from a discussion with my dad a few years ago about tinting one of the camper vans and I've just muddled it up