Triple info display

Automotive topics & discussion.
Corsa cdti
CB-Uk Newbie

Triple info display

Post by Corsa cdti »

Hi all first post newbie here, was wondering if it's possible to add the triple info display/clock in a 1.0 merit.
I bought a display from eBay, and did have a look to see if the connector is there but couldn't see it, has anyone fitted and got it working, any help would be greatly relieved.
Thanks.
andy w
CB-Uk User

Re: Triple info display

Post by andy w »

Hi and welcome to the forum buddy do u mean the display on the top of the centre consol at all? If not pic up what u mean
If it ain't green and black send it back :D
Corsa cdti
CB-Uk Newbie

Post by Corsa cdti »

Thanks mate :-)
Yeah mate the display in the centre just above the air vents. I had a good dig around today but couldn't find the plug that connects into it. Just to be clear, my car didn't come with the clock as standard, so looking to retro fit one :-)
johnny
Senior Moderator

Post by johnny »

It is possible and the wires will be there taped up in the existing loom, if you see black insulation tape it's probably a plug taped up
If it doesn't fit,
force it,
If it breaks,
It needed replacing anyway :thumbs:
Corsa cdti
CB-Uk Newbie

Post by Corsa cdti »

I did have a good look as deep as poss without stripping out the dash, I removed both glove box shelves and got my head right down in the footwells couldn't see anything taped up? :-( I think it would be a great help if I was able to remove the section of centre consul that houses the heater switches...... Does anyone know if it's easy done,,,, is there a guide or how to anywhere I'm really determined to fit this, I'm almost certain that the plug is hiding somewhere because it would cost vx more to produce model specific wiring looms as opposed to a standard loom throughout the whole range
stanc3w0rks
CB-Uk User

Post by stanc3w0rks »

Corsa cdti wrote:I did have a good look as deep as poss without stripping out the dash, I removed both glove box shelves and got my head right down in the footwells couldn't see anything taped up? :-( I think it would be a great help if I was able to remove the section of centre consul that houses the heater switches...... Does anyone know if it's easy done,,,, is there a guide or how to anywhere I'm really determined to fit this, I'm almost certain that the plug is hiding somewhere because it would cost vx more to produce model specific wiring looms as opposed to a standard loom throughout the whole range
Yeah it comes out pretty easy but can be awkward to get back in lol.
Corsa cdti
CB-Uk Newbie

Post by Corsa cdti »

[/quote]
Yeah it comes out pretty easy but can be awkward to get back in lol.[/quote]

Sorry think you misunderstood what I'm asking, sorry for not explaining it too well.......

Basically my car didn't leave the factory with the clock(display) ......... in its place was a blanked off panel, because the merit is bottom of the range it wasn't specced very well, so I bought the clock(display) form ebay, I have been able to remove the blanked off panel and screw the clock(display) onto the dash, what I'm needing to know is, will the plug be hiding somewhere in my loom so I can just plug it into my newly fitted clock. Hence giving it power
Thanks for any help
Teastick
CB-Uk User

Post by Teastick »

As previously stated you must look for the plug which could be taped up , i suggest removing the centre console i.e your heating switches etc to have more room to root around and find the plug
Corsa cdti
CB-Uk Newbie

Post by Corsa cdti »

Teastick wrote:As previously stated you must look for the plug which could be taped up , i suggest removing the centre console i.e your heating switches etc to have more room to root around and find the plug
Could you help with info on how to remove the heating panel please
Teastick
CB-Uk User

Post by Teastick »

Sure bud , there are two screws under the vents on the centre console

To remove the vents just push them down till there is a gap at the top, place a screw driver or fingers if you can and lever the vent further down past its natural stop , you wont break it and it should go pretty much upside down so the vents are facing the floor inside the housing still

Then pull on the vents and they shoukd come out , may be a bit hard

Then you want to prise the switches off , the switch that pukls towards you for rear window has a little clip , place the switch so the line is vertical i think this is setting 3. This gives you better access to the clip, insert a small flathead driver into the hole on the switch and wiggle , it shoukd pop off

Next you have the recirc slider , pull the black cap off , then the same with the cover behind the slider, again if unable to get it use a small flathead to prise a corner up.

Once this has been removed you will see the final two screws.

Simply undo and pull the whole unit towards you , disconecct any wires you can and then you have access to the rear to have a look

I hope this is clear enough for you
Corsa cdti
CB-Uk Newbie

Post by Corsa cdti »

Awesome teastick thanks for the clear and precise instructions :-) I will have a go as soon as I get a chance. Just one thing..... Are the vent direction heat control etc not linked by push/pull rods behind dash?
Teastick
CB-Uk User

Post by Teastick »

I think they are. Ive never fully pulled it out , just pulled it out loosely with things still connected , that should be enough to root around though bud
Corsa cdti
CB-Uk Newbie

Post by Corsa cdti »

No worries mate that's for all the info and advice, I will keep you posted whether I find the connector I'm positive it will be hiding behind there somewhere, oh also do you know where the outside temperature sensor is located?
Cheers
Teastick
CB-Uk User

Post by Teastick »

On the front slam bar behind bumper , it is attached to the slam bar with little clips bud
Corsa cdti
CB-Uk Newbie

Post by Corsa cdti »

Teastick wrote:On the front slam bar behind bumper , it is attached to the slam bar with little clips bud
Thanks buddy you're a legend :-)