Rear wheel bearing on corsa b

Automotive topics & discussion.
ronald5256
CB-Uk User

Rear wheel bearing on corsa b

Post by ronald5256 »

Hi all can any one tell me if it is a big job to change a rear wheel bearing or is it just simpler to change the entire wheel hub assembly instead as I will be changing both sides together thanks all
Deedee91
CB-Uk User

Re: Rear wheel bearing on corsa b

Post by Deedee91 »

It depends what tools are available to you. I've changed wheel bearings on a few different cars. Buyin a whole new hub is a waste of money if it was me. As long as you can get the old bearing out the rest is only a socket set job. I've had one get stuck pretty solid before but Luckily my uncle/dad are engineers and have a press in there shop so I could press It out with.

If you don't have this to hand a large diameter piece of pipe or a large socket and a decent sized hammer can work.

I've never done one on a corsa but most assemblies are pretty similar.

The corsa uses tapered bearing so when you tighten the nut back up don't swing on it, nip it up lightly then take a 1/4 turn off.

Btw I'm not a mechanic just handy with tools.

Get a haynes manual.. It will help you no end
johnny
Senior Moderator

Post by johnny »

It's a fairly simple job, changing the assembly means bleeding the brakes and hooking the handbrake cable back up, both simple if you know what your doing,

Just the bearing is only a matter of removing a split pin, undo the castle nut, whack the drum with a hammer a couple times(optional), pull the drum off, remove old bearing from stub axle and drum, reassemble in reverse order, tighten handbrake, job done
If it doesn't fit,
force it,
If it breaks,
It needed replacing anyway :thumbs:
coupe77
CB-Uk User

Post by coupe77 »

That's as above
They are dead easy they take about 20 mins top to do you will need side snips punch something to remove the dust cover adjustable spanner
Tap out the old outer rings
Then fit the new ones
Make sure you grease the new bearings
I have done loads as being a ex vaux mech

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Jeacotts-motors/611022572351820
ronald5256
CB-Uk User

Post by ronald5256 »

So sorry for the well late reply but thanks all for the info