corsa b '99 model 1.000cc 5 doors project(Greece)

For New & Continuing Projects Only.
NOT for past projects or questions.
sakis
CB-Uk Newbie

corsa b '99 model 1.000cc 5 doors project(Greece)

Post by sakis »

Hello,
I am from Greece,19 years old and recently bought a corsa b 1999 model, 5 doors...
The colour is white with black bumbers and arcs...

They are faded and I think that they were previously poorly repainted and started to crack
Image...
what do you suggest?
also some painting the old steel wheels until the budget goes up for new (maybe white? )
and last but not least... Some interior plastic painting
Because i never had the chance to paint anything plastic like bumpers if somebody could give me some really basic steps i would be very thankfull...

NEXT :
>Changing red and yellow wire of the head unit in order to not lose memory every time (am I right? )
>put aftermarket aerial(any suggestions?
>clean the interior :P
>put some aftermarket component speakers front and some 6x9's on the parcel shlef(Here I have some questions about the Watt ,RMS ,amps etc.)
>anything near to stock but which could make the car more beautiful...What do you suggest?

Thank's
sakis
CB-Uk Newbie

Re: corsa b '99 model 1.000cc 5 doors project(Greece)

Post by sakis »

anyone willing to help?
andy w
CB-Uk User

Post by andy w »

Depends on ur budget for speakers really buddy
If it ain't green and black send it back :D
johnny
Senior Moderator

Post by johnny »

sakis wrote:Hello,
I am from Greece,19 years old and recently bought a corsa b 1999 model, 5 doors...
The colour is white with black bumbers and arcs...

They are faded and I think that they were previously poorly repainted and started to crack
Image...
what do you suggest?They look past it, there very damaged
also some painting the old steel wheels until the budget goes up for new (maybe white? )
and last but not least... Some interior plastic painting
Because i never had the chance to paint anything plastic like bumpers if somebody could give me some really basic steps i would be very thankfull... it's not difficult, just make sure there clean and dry, spray very thinly, the thicker you try put it on the worse it will look

NEXT :
>Changing red and yellow wire of the head unit in order to not lose memory every time (am I right? ) yes
>put aftermarket aerial(any suggestions? I don't understand
>clean the interior :P
>put some aftermarket component speakers front and some 6x9's on the parcel shlef(Here I have some questions about the Watt ,RMS ,amps etc.)
>anything near to stock but which could make the car more beautiful...What do you suggest?

Thank's
Welcome to site :)

Answers are in bold incase you missed that
If it doesn't fit,
force it,
If it breaks,
It needed replacing anyway :thumbs:
sakis
CB-Uk Newbie

Post by sakis »

First of all thnak's for the replies...
Then for the bumpers. Do you think that they are to damage to be repaired? If no please tell me how because i have never painted plastic of this kind again(what kind of products do i nee etc)or if there is another thread here pass me the link please.

And for the speakers i am willing to spend 200-250€. But my problems are: what watt should each speaker be (without using an ampan) in order not to damage neither the speaker nor the head unit. Actually i can't really understand how the whole think is working with RMS, amps etc. So if someone can just explain to me the very basics.
And my other problem is can i use after market component speakers with the OEM crossover? Is it going to mess with the sound quality that the system should give?

Thank's again
andy w
CB-Uk User

Post by andy w »

I short buddy u are fine with high watt speakers I had fussions running in the rear of mine and never had a problem and all my speakers in my more door worked fine without using an amp. Amp are mainly used for bass boxes in the boot . Also all speakers In my car were aftermarket ones and I never had any problems
sakis
CB-Uk Newbie

Post by sakis »

i also have the fussion in the rear...But if the head unit is 4x50 W outpout and the speaker is 100W for example is it going to work at 100% of it's potentionals?
andy w
CB-Uk User

Post by andy w »

Mine aint had no issues so yes it should be fine.
johnny
Senior Moderator

Post by johnny »

No the speaker won't be performing on the limit of what it can do but that's not a bad thing, it's running half max power so it's less likely to crackle or break
If it doesn't fit,
force it,
If it breaks,
sakis
CB-Uk Newbie

Post by sakis »

So a 100w speaker without an amp would it be better than am 50w wich close to the head uimt's outpout?
johnny
Senior Moderator

Post by johnny »

Well no it wouldn't be better I just said it wasn't a bad thing

The best will be everything at optimum rate so 4x50w speakers will be the best but 4x100w leaves room for improvement
If it doesn't fit,
force it,
If it breaks,
andy w
CB-Uk User

Post by andy w »

Gotta agree with johnny mate ive never fittef what the stereo says on the front as I ave blown many when I first started fitting speakers in cars and the price difference isnt a great deal more for higher wattage ones
stanc3w0rks
CB-Uk User

Post by stanc3w0rks »

I have a 4x50w head unit running 2 130w fronts and 2 300w rears with a 1200w active subwoofer. Gotta say the bass is nuts.
andy w
CB-Uk User

Post by andy w »

My rover had 2 bulldog 12" 800w each subs and 2 sony 100 w speakers in the front and 2 kenwood 80 w in the rear shelf and that made the boot vibrate so hard my rear plate fell off :lol: when I drove the lights kept dimming when the base kicked in :D and that was all connected to a pioneer 4x50w stereo
sakis
CB-Uk Newbie

Post by sakis »

Thanx a lot mates.i will do some work on my corsa and i will post some pics then.also for a white corsa do you like it more with full glossy black bumpers or with half black and half white as the rest of the body?