1.4 Polo MPI

For New & Continuing Projects Only.
NOT for past projects or questions.
JamesT0708
CB-Uk User

1.4 Polo MPI

Post by JamesT0708 »

So I bought my new car today and I'm very pleased with this one, seems a lot more solid and a lot less French :lol: didn't really want to leave the forum as before so I'll just make a quick thread and then update it whenever something new happens, which might be a while with uni approaching. So this is it, my 1.4 VW Polo;
Didn't get round to doing much today as i've been ill this week and i'm still not 100%, so I only managed to give it a clean and debadge the back. I don't know why, but it was so much easier to debadge this than my Corsa, maybe because of the strength of the glue or something I don't know. It was just a lot easier to remove all the residue left behind.
Got too many plans to list really but obviously coilovers, wheels and my exhaust system are top of my list haha.

Thanks for looking :D
JamesT0708
CB-Uk User

Re: 1.4 Polo MPI

Post by JamesT0708 »

Well i'm pi**ed off to say the least. The gearbox has decided to sh*t itself after having it for a day and I now have the infamous 6n2 gearbox whine and a battle to get it into first gear. I'm either stupid or very unlucky, or both. But, it's safe to say i'm never being entrusted with buying a new car ever again, i'll let someone else do it for me.

Being as I got it from a dealer and I've had it for a grand total of 1 day I have some sort of rights. The dealer can either pay for the necessary repairs, replace the car or refund me what I paid. If not I can get trading standards involved as fortunately I never signed anything to say 'sold as seen'. I'll hear back from the garage tomorrow and update this with what's going to happen, but atm i'm not best impressed to say the least.
stanc3w0rks
CB-Uk User

Post by stanc3w0rks »

A shame mate as its such a nice car. I think i will have one next if i choose to go sensible, if not ill be looking for an 80s euro bus.
JamesT0708
CB-Uk User

Post by JamesT0708 »

stanc3w0rks wrote:A shame mate as its such a nice car. I think i will have one next if i choose to go sensible, if not ill be looking for an 80s euro bus.
Go German they said, it'll be reliable they said :lol: I can't believe it, go for the euro bus mate
stanc3w0rks
CB-Uk User

Post by stanc3w0rks »

German is usually alright. The older cars are alot tougher imo. Newer cars are very soft and flimsy.
johnny
Senior Moderator

Post by johnny »

stanc3w0rks wrote:German is usually alright. The older cars are alot tougher imo. Newer cars are very soft and flimsy.
Exactly this, old german cars are dam near bullet proof

As for the box take the car back and ask them to sort it, if they try get out of doing it stick to your guns and demand because it is there responsibility you have 30 days come back
If it doesn't fit,
force it,
If it breaks,
It needed replacing anyway :thumbs:
JamesT0708
CB-Uk User

Post by JamesT0708 »

johnny wrote:
stanc3w0rks wrote:German is usually alright. The older cars are alot tougher imo. Newer cars are very soft and flimsy.
Exactly this, old german cars are dam near bullet proof

As for the box take the car back and ask them to sort it, if they try get out of doing it stick to your guns and demand because it is there responsibility you have 30 days come back
I agree, wish I could have got a Mk1/2 Golf but couldn't for insurance reasons. I'm not really bothered what happens as long as it either gets fixed or I get a a new car asap, just my luck though
Westley
CB-Uk User

Post by Westley »

Ahh looks a nice example of a 6n2 that :) and unlucky about the gearbox! Shame you didn't notice it on the test drive before :/ I'd demeand they pay for it tbh!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JamesT0708
CB-Uk User

Post by JamesT0708 »

Took it back at the start of this week and he agreed to get it all fixed, even the brake discs and pads. Last I heard it went into a garage yesterday and it was his day off today so will be updated on the situation tomorrow. I don't really know how long to expect to be waiting tbh, but hopefully it wont be much longer
JamesT0708
CB-Uk User

Post by JamesT0708 »

Get the car back tomorrow so will get to see if it's all been sorted after over a week. In the meantime I bought a Sportex 3" backbox and straight through pipe which will go on asap. Also went back to my roots and bought some Lenso BSX alloys but got let down last minute, he sold them to somebody else while I was paypalling him the money, kid was an absolute tool but i'll find something else I guess. Should be picking up a set of coilovers too if the car's alright
andy w
CB-Uk User

Post by andy w »

Good job the cash didnt transfer to him :lol:
If it ain't green and black send it back :D
Westley
CB-Uk User

Post by Westley »

Sounds good! Bet the exhaust will sound sweet! Shame about the alloys though [THUMBS DOWN SIGN]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JamesT0708
CB-Uk User

Post by JamesT0708 »

andy w wrote:Good job the cash didnt transfer to him :lol:
Exactly, imagine if i'd have sent it and then he'd done that. He was an absolute joker, went on to block me and delete his post as I was preparing myself to tear his head off haha.

Yeah I can't wait to get the exhaust on. Also looking for a GTi grille and new headunit
andy w
CB-Uk User

Post by andy w »

Typical ass holes on fb mate seen this done to loads of people and it messes it up for the genuine sellers who say its urs and sell it to you
If it ain't green and black send it back :D
JamesT0708
CB-Uk User

Post by JamesT0708 »

I was so confident it would all be sorted today, but no, just my luck there's more bad news. Drove it home and started to smell a sort of burning smell on the way, but couldn't pull over so waited to get it home. Opened the bonnet to a face full of smoke/steam and oil everywhere, all over the engine and on my drive. Pi**ed off didn't even come close to how I was feeling.

Rang the guy straight back and he agreed to come over in the morning with the mechanic who did the work to find out what's gone wrong. I said that's fine but i'd like a full refund for the car as it's getting beyond a joke, to which he refused. I've read up on my rights, and i'm definitely entitled to a refund through trading standard laws, especially due to the fact he's already had to fix it once and he's a dealer. I'm bricking it for the morning tbh as I don't know his mechanic from adam, and for all I know he'll mug me off big time saying it's fixed when really it's not. This is the car that's regularly got to get me too and from University 2 and a half hours away, so you can understand my major concerns.

Not the best day too put it lightly, but life goes on. Just hope it either gets sorted or I get my money back as this is a joke. Any advice on what I could do/say would be greatly appreciated.