Re: Marty the 1.0 C

Post by andy w »

Liken the lesos did ya get them off fb by any chance
If it ain't green and black send it back :D
Westley
CB-Uk User

Post by Westley »

Well haven't got them yet, should be getting them tomorrow but yeah off facebook [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
andy w
CB-Uk User

Post by andy w »

Thought they were [emoji38] saw them local to me defos got a bargin mate
If it ain't green and black send it back :D
Westley
CB-Uk User

Post by Westley »

Yeah it's just over an hour away from me! But it's worth the trip [emoji106]

JamieI
CB-Uk Newbie

Post by JamieI »

YEp the wing can come back to life with a polish machine! I had the same on my door and after a couple of hours and a good painting it was back to life :)
Westley
CB-Uk User

Post by Westley »

Oh well the wing has been replaced now, my door is still the same though [emoji53]

Westley
CB-Uk User

Marty the 1.0 C

Post by Westley »

Okay then! Let's get this up to date. I've had a few things happen over the past couple of weeks. First of all! I finally sorted out my gear linkage. The original one was all taped up which didn't seem safe, that has been like that since I bought it in September! Once the tape was pulled off the plastic linkage fell off... So! I upgraded to a metal version and got it fitted for £15 [emoji106]

Then on the same day I fitted some colour coded door handles [emoji2] I just need a boot handle then I'm happy

And yesterday I managed to get a set of perfect facelift headlights with all bulbs working, and a hid kit too all for £50! So headlights are fitted and the HID kit will have to wait until the weather gets better, plus I cba taking off the front bumper just yet. But they have drastically improved the front end and the light produced is miles better than the crap reflectors.

So plans for the future are as follows:

- Fit HID's.
- Sri lower grille with fogs would be nice (if not then just regular lower grille with fogs)
- get dented alloy repaired
- 195/45 tyres for the alloys and get them finally fitted!
- LOWZZZ (coils)
- CC boot handle
- repainting centre console
- maybe get an armrest
- New passenger door
- Laguna splitter
- and maybe eventually some nice seats

So a lot is still yet to happen but it's getting there. Oh and MOT is late in April [emoji45]

Westley
CB-Uk User

Post by Westley »

Quick update! Car failed MOT on Sunday :( failed on both front drop links, near side front ball joint, no reserve travel in handbrake and a massive leak of gasses from the exhaust! So! I bought some new drop links, fitted them today, took a bit of effort but they're sorted so that's £60 saved. Handbrake has been tightened so that should be all good. Original back box was put on for the mot but we found a hole in it, assuming that's the blow, so it is sat with some putty on it as of now and that should hopefully get it through the mot, then the Hoffman will
Be back on! All that's left is the ball joint and another mot!

Oh and changed the air filter just because

Westley
CB-Uk User

Post by Westley »

So after I fell out with my car and couldn't be bothered with it anymore, I put my alloys up for swaps just to see what I could get. Got some good offers ranging from SRI's to some genuine BBS from a polo. But! I found these! The guy was just trying to sell them but I offered a swap and luckily enough he really likes Lenso RS5's so all I need to do is get the dent repaired then we're doing a swap! They do need a refurb all around as they're black and the paint has come off a LOT! But they're rare and I have never seen them before. I believe they are called Irmscher Maggas. Look like snowflakes only a bit different.
That's just a pic of them (not the exact ones I'm getting but the same type)

I am super excited! Cars in for re-mot tomorrow and the ball joint + tracking to be done then got to get a quote for the alloy repair then to organise a meet to swap alloys

Westley
CB-Uk User

Post by Westley »

Car passed the mot today! And only cost £60 :D so £30 for the first test, £20 for the drop links, £50 for the ball joint and £10 for the exhaust to be sealed! Almost £100 cheaper than before I did the drop links and handbrake.

Barraclough
CB-Uk User

Post by Barraclough »

Happy days. Mot month is the worst time of year!
Westley
CB-Uk User

Post by Westley »

Swapped alloys today! The lensos are one and I now own a set of Irmscher Maggas. I will be returning and fitting them next weekend. Absolutely cannot wait! I am planning on returning them a gun metal grey as it's the only colour I can picture these wheels looking good in

Barraclough
CB-Uk User

Post by Barraclough »

Westley wrote:Swapped alloys today! The lensos are one and I now own a set of Irmscher Maggas. I will be returning and fitting them next weekend. Absolutely cannot wait! I am planning on returning them a gun metal grey as it's the only colour I can picture these wheels looking good in

Are you doing them yourself? My mate got a kit for £30 on eBay that did all the wheels in that colour and a good job to
Westley
CB-Uk User

Post by Westley »

Yeah I will be, well tbh I reckon a tub of filler, I already have some primer and lacquer then a few cans of colour from halfrauds will do in all honesty. I mean I managed to spray all my interior handles for the B and they turned out almost perfect and that was my first attempt. Plus at halfrauds they have a decent variety of choice but cheers! How's the vectra going, missing the B yet?

Barraclough
CB-Uk User

Post by Barraclough »

Vectra is great, will be a lot lower on Wednesday, miss the Corsa every day [emoji30]