Marty the 1.0 C

For New & Continuing Projects Only.
NOT for past projects or questions.
Westley
CB-Uk User

Marty the 1.0 C

Post by Westley »

So as you all know, my corsa B was unfortunately stolen and hasn't turned up as of yet, and so the deal with the gf's parents was get a job and they'll borrow me the money which thankfully happened!
So I went out on a full day of car hunting and the best we found at the time as I needed the car that day for work the day after was a 1.0 12v corsa C club, it was a bargain for the price though!

The only negative about it is one of the panels looks as if it was sanded down or something and so it looks matte and is covered in scratches but it's nothing major, will be sorted in the near future, but mechanically it is mint!

The plans are to get it looking nice and clean, and simple, nothing ott, or chavvy just a nice looking corsa.

Previously I did order a fly eye wrap for the B and some white smd sidelights, I'll put the fly eye on cos a silver car with dark headlights in my opinion looks great! Oh also will the sidelights fit the corsa C?

Here's the pictures from the ad:

And outside the house where dexter my old B used to sit :(

Wanted to give it a good clean but it was too late once I got home with it! So on my next day off I'll give it a good clean and get some more pics up with the fly eye too!

Thanks guys and sorry it's not a B but it's better than getting a 206 which was almost the case!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
stanc3w0rks
CB-Uk User

Re: Marty the 1.0 C

Post by stanc3w0rks »

Sidelights should fit and silver woth black headlights is cool :)
Westley
CB-Uk User

Post by Westley »

Ahh well that's good to know! And yeah I've always liked silver coloured cars with dark headlights, it just looks right :P I'll hopefully get it done this weekend when I have a day off

johnny
Senior Moderator

Post by johnny »

Sxi back lights are needed aswell, they look so much better, keep an eye on corsa-c.Co.UK it's a fairly dead site since dropping tapatalk but it's a brilliant place to find bits for sale
If it doesn't fit,
force it,
If it breaks,
It needed replacing anyway :thumbs:
Westley
CB-Uk User

Post by Westley »

Yeah I like the SXi lights, I'll keep my eye out once I get some coin! Have they dropped it? I swear I was looking on corsa C forum on tapatalk the other day haha! Oh did you manage to delete my mistake from your thread? XD

johnny
Senior Moderator

Post by johnny »

Your right actually, they sold the forum but there running tapatalk alongside there app it still made alot of members leave, it's what happened to allcorsa aswell

Na I can't be arsed to delete it :lol:

A facelift bumper and lights would be another good mod but there still selling for a fair bit
If it doesn't fit,
force it,
If it breaks,
Westley
CB-Uk User

Post by Westley »

Ahh right well I'll just stick to posting in this forum anyway haha! Best community by far... Yeah I do like the facelift bumper tbh, and yeah aren't. They like £100+?

johnny
Senior Moderator

Post by johnny »

Yeah and you need facelift lights aswell :lol: but I'm expecting the price to drop in the next year due to pre face disappearing abit more and the facelift becoming the norm, similar to what happened with the b
If it doesn't fit,
force it,
If it breaks,
Westley
CB-Uk User

Post by Westley »

Ahh right so yeah It would be rather pricey! I ca imagine that's be the case too, I tell you what if I had the money is get the car resprayed arden blue, I haven't actually seen any C's in arden blue, I know they never produced them but I know some people have already done this plan but that would be awesome!

Westley
CB-Uk User

Post by Westley »

Well after the first day at work I decided to give the car a good clean, don't think it's had one in a while, there was mould on the jambs around the boot from old water ew... And fitted the white SMD sidelights I ordered for my B which look awesome!

andy w
CB-Uk User

Post by andy w »

It looks alot better now mate I do need pressed plates tho to set it off more
If it ain't green and black send it back :D
Westley
CB-Uk User

Post by Westley »

Thanks, just need to get some white main bulbs and get my headlights all fly eyed! I've always liked the look of pressed plates, I'll probably get some soon :)

Westley
CB-Uk User

Post by Westley »

Fly eyes fitted! Not done amazingly, got a few wrinkles towards the indicator side due to it being rather round, and had no form of heat... Anyway

Also this is the only bad part of the car which put me off originally but it's only cosmetic

johnny
Senior Moderator

Post by johnny »

Fly eyes suit it well :) that wing might come back with a machine polish aswell, they don't seem deep
If it doesn't fit,
force it,
If it breaks,
Barraclough
CB-Uk User

Post by Barraclough »

You planning on doing the rear lights to? You got a link to the fly eyes you got? Might give it a go.
There's a silver C near me, it has black alloys and tinted windows, the black really suits it IMO, il try get a pic next time I see it.