v8 powered cosra c

Post a little about yourself & also about your car(s) in here!
corsaman
CB-Uk Newbie

v8 powered cosra c

Post by corsaman »

just joined but thought id let every one that im building the best corsa c in the uk at the moment
a 7.5ltr blown big block chevy powered corsa c i have the engine blower gearbox etc but havent brought a car yet
got let down at the week end by a guy in preston went to buy his yr13 3dr ltd ed but when got there it was a 5dr
will up when and post pics of build as it goes
stanc3w0rks
CB-Uk User

Re: v8 powered cosra c

Post by stanc3w0rks »

ImageImage
johnny
Senior Moderator

Post by johnny »

Hope this happens :) you going rwd then aswell? What running gear you planning to use?

Welcome to the site :)
If it doesn't fit,
force it,
If it breaks,
It needed replacing anyway :thumbs:
stanc3w0rks
CB-Uk User

Post by stanc3w0rks »

Have you got much experiance with fitting engines that just simply aren't meant to fit? I don't but I can see a few problems with this and the major one being the torque just ripping the car to pieces. Another is that if you do go rwd (which i assume you are) the car probably wont move very much with so much weight in the front and not much in the rear. I would love to see this work but i can nearly guarentee it wont, that being said stranger things have been done so best of luck.
stanc3w0rks
CB-Uk User

Post by stanc3w0rks »

Plus, if it is going to be fwd you face the problem of horrid understeer and torquesteer. Im sorry to be so grim but i really cant see this build going ahead. Please make me eat my words!!
johnny
Senior Moderator

Post by johnny »

stanc3w0rks wrote:Have you got much experiance with fitting engines that just simply aren't meant to fit? I don't but I can see a few problems with this and the major one being the torque just ripping the car to pieces. Another is that if you do go rwd (which i assume you are) the car probably wont move very much with so much weight in the front and not much in the rear. I would love to see this work but i can nearly guarentee it wont, that being said stranger things have been done so best of luck.
stanc3w0rks wrote:Plus, if it is going to be fwd you face the problem of horrid understeer and torquesteer. Im sorry to be so grim but i really cant see this build going ahead. Please make me eat my words!!
This is basically what I was going to say but I didn't want to straight away poo in his cornflakes :lol:

But I really do hope you pull it off

What sort of hp does that chevy motor produce, I only ask because a C20let can get 600bhp
If it doesn't fit,
force it,
If it breaks,
andy w
CB-Uk User

Post by andy w »

Thats true whats beem said but.i no alot did the basis of this idea not with v8 engines but with 2.2 vetec engines in the old minis and they suprised alot of people and tbh I would consider putting the engine in the boot I know its alot of work involved but it can be done as I ave also seen a pug 306 fittec with a 3l v6 engine under the bonnet and a 3l v6 in the boot working as one engine also looking on the net there is a v6 powered cosworth engine old mini aswell. So I think if done right this can be pulled off as the mini weighs a much as a bag of sugar :lol: so the corsa c should be able to with stand the torque issues involved but I would consider making it awd to distribute the torque from the engine
If it ain't green and black send it back :D
stanc3w0rks
CB-Uk User

Post by stanc3w0rks »

andy w wrote:Thats true whats beem said but.i no alot did the basis of this idea not with v8 engines but with 2.2 vetec engines in the old minis and they suprised alot of people and tbh I would consider putting the engine in the boot I know its alot of work involved but it can be done as I ave also seen a pug 306 fittec with a 3l v6 engine under the bonnet and a 3l v6 in the boot working as one engine also looking on the net there is a v6 powered cosworth engine old mini aswell. So I think if done right this can be pulled off as the mini weighs a much as a bag of sugar :lol: so the corsa c should be able to with stand the torque issues involved but I would consider making it awd to distribute the torque from the engine
The difficulty there is finding a 4wd box to match his engine. Im 90% sure this will be rwd if its done.
andy w
CB-Uk User

Post by andy w »

It wud have to be made one I think or one from a different car moddified to fit to convert it two 4wd
If it ain't green and black send it back :D
johnny
Senior Moderator

Post by johnny »

Most transfer box's couldn't the torque from a v8 it would just mash itself as soon as you tried to put the power down

Rwd with big tyres would be the best if you want to be able to put any sort of power to the road but then your into drag car territory and can't drive it on public roads

Big power with small tyres won't grip and just burn the rubber off them

Personally if i was going to the bother of fitting a V8 I'd go the whole 9 yards with it and cut the rear arch and quarter panel out, extend the rear axle with big drag/slick tyres and fit a semi auto box

I'd imagine a rough price for all this 10-30 grand :lol: I still don't think it would put the power that a salon with the same set up would to the road, it's all fine getting 5-600 hp on a dyno but if it just spins the tyres on the road it may aswell have 5 or 6 hp
If it doesn't fit,
force it,
If it breaks,
stanc3w0rks
CB-Uk User

Post by stanc3w0rks »

Plus another few grand strengthening the chassis so the torque wont twist it.
johnny
Senior Moderator

Post by johnny »

stanc3w0rks wrote:Plus another few grand strengthening the chassis so the torque wont twist it.
You got the fast and furious quote wrong :lol:
If it doesn't fit,
force it,
If it breaks,
stanc3w0rks
CB-Uk User

Post by stanc3w0rks »

What is it?

stanc3w0rks
CB-Uk User

Post by stanc3w0rks »

Wtf that is NOT the picture i posted? I dont even have that picture ony phone and i've never seen it before..?
johnny
Senior Moderator

Post by johnny »

Why are you tracing calls :O
If it doesn't fit,
force it,
If it breaks,