Aussie Combo B Build

For New & Continuing Projects Only.
NOT for past projects or questions.
johnny
Senior Moderator

Re: Aussie Combo B Build

Post by johnny »

Are the runners the same as the corsa? You could make a custom plate to lower the seat on the runner
If it doesn't fit,
force it,
If it breaks,
It needed replacing anyway :thumbs:
Jesusfreak
CB-Uk Newbie

Post by Jesusfreak »

It is on the combo runners... The problem is the runners bolt sideways to the inside the of the factory seat base ... The new seats need to be bolted directly up from underneath, so I used a piece of angle to make an adapter...this means the runners are sitting below the seat instead of inside it... Does that make sense?
Domwhitex
CB-Uk User

Post by Domwhitex »

Cant you mark our your seating position then just weld them directly to the floor?
Jesusfreak
CB-Uk Newbie

Post by Jesusfreak »

Domwhitex wrote:Cant you mark our your seating position then just weld them directly to the floor?
Wish I could Dom... However under WA law that would constitute a major modification to the safety features of the vehicle... It would need an engineer cert & I'm pretty sure the ADR (Australian Design Rules) prohibit fixed position seating :(

The end result of that would be a Red Sticker from the cops... Over here if a cop suspects a vehicle to be unroadworthy they can give a yellow or red sticker.... Yellow gives you 30 days to sort the issue & have the vehicle inspected... Red means "park here & call a tow truck"

Anyway, I just went for a half hour drive & I there are bigger issues than the height... The shifter touches the edge of the seat making 5th hard to access, the seat gets uncomfortable and stqrts digging in in a couple of places after the first 5 mins... Combined with the height which not only makes seeing difficult, but also makes it a stretch to the handbrake & the shifter, I think it's back to tue drawing board on the seats :(

Hear is a shot of my POV to give you an idea...
Jesusfreak
CB-Uk Newbie

Post by Jesusfreak »

Hey again guys... Time for another update :)

The seat dilemma still hasn't been solved, I'm going see if there is anything I can do tomorrow...but I did get the top of the new bar painted & got it fitted today :D

Someone had already painted the top strip black & in a couple of places it had flaked off badly...

So I sanded the edges back & filled it with plastic spray filler before topping it with Duplicolor Black Bumper Coating... I don't have any pics of the progress as I got carried away... But here are some of the finished product...

Arches just need to be blacked now :)
Jesusfreak
CB-Uk Newbie

Post by Jesusfreak »

Hey guys, it's been a busy weekend :) and I remembered to take progress pics this time :p

I ordered a new badge for the front last week because the one that was on there was really stuffed... Rather than get a standard badge, I ordered an HSV one (For all you guys not in Australia, Holden Special Vehicles is the performance wing of Holden, they are responsible for what you guys know as the Vauxhall VXR8)...

Only problem was one of the clip holes from the old badge would be visible... So some plastic welding was in order... And after I just finished painting it :p I also took the opportunity to correct a very noticeable imperfection to the left of the badge... It looked like someone had spilled acid on the plastic and I didn't notice it till it was finished... Doh...

I also painted the arches & the wiper arms & the drain panel under the windscreen (I wasn't planning on doing the last 2, but with the arches blacked it looked really faded)

It's all starting to come together now :)
diggerhole
CB-Uk User

Post by diggerhole »

Looking nice
Westley
CB-Uk User

Post by Westley »

The stuff you used to black your trim, is it just like a normal rattle can spray, but just without needing all the preparation of sanding and priming? I need to re black all mine with something good! And nice van it looks awesome!
Jesusfreak
CB-Uk Newbie

Post by Jesusfreak »

Westley wrote:The stuff you used to black your trim, is it just like a normal rattle can spray, but just without needing all the preparation of sanding and priming? I need to re black all mine with something good! And nice van it looks awesome!
Thanks mate :)
You've pretty much hit the nail on the head with the paint... Just prep with Grease & Wax remover, then adhesion promoter if you want it, then the Bumper Coating :) Just make sure you apply it in a few light coats rather than a heavy coat... That way the texture of the plastic will remain visible, making it look like new factory pieces...

It's too early for me to comment on the longevity of the product, as this is the first time I've used it, but the online reviews were good and so are my first impressions :)

Here is it's web page... https://www.duplicolor.com/products/bumperCoating/
Jesusfreak
CB-Uk Newbie

Post by Jesusfreak »

Got stickered today :)

Also remembered to pull the awning out for a pic while I was at it :)
diggerhole
CB-Uk User

Post by diggerhole »

Looks factory fresh. You have set the bar high
Westley
CB-Uk User

Post by Westley »

Thanks for the info on the bumper paint! :D I'll have a look into that :) and nice job! It looks so fresh and new aha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jesusfreak
CB-Uk Newbie

Post by Jesusfreak »

Thanks so much guys :) I'm really pleased with how it's coming together!

New headlights should be here soon :D
Jesusfreak
CB-Uk Newbie

Post by Jesusfreak »

Getting excited about the new headlights... Can't wait for them to get here, so I decided to have a play in Photoshop and see what they will look like...

Now I'm even more impatient... Why must all the good bits only be available from the UK??
stanc3w0rks
CB-Uk User

Post by stanc3w0rks »

Smoked angel eyes..??