Atlantis Blue 1.0L

For New & Continuing Projects Only.
NOT for past projects or questions.
JamesT0708
CB-Uk User

Re: Atlantis Blue 1.0L

Post by JamesT0708 »

Mike_Parr wrote:One thing I wish I did to my Atlantis Blue B was limo tint the rear windows, never got a chance to do it. I know it's not 'scene' but to be honest, I couldn't care less. I think it'll suit yours especially with those wheels!!
I was looking at tint but I know it's something that police really crack down on. Being as I haven't declared my mods I don't really want to draw any unnecessary attention to myself haha, just incase!
Mike_Parr
CB-Uk User

Post by Mike_Parr »

Just a quick photoshop of what I think looks good...

That's true mate, want the ladies attention not the police! haha
Harkus Wrote: Lol I was actually racing a ford focus going through the tunnels making a noise was 5th missed 4th hit 2nd...at 70mph...driving like lad shifting like a woman LOL :lol:
Barraclough
CB-Uk User

Post by Barraclough »

JamesT0708 wrote: I was looking at tint but I know it's something that police really crack down on.
Really? Iv not been pulled with mine yet and it's been over a year. It's fully legal on the rear so shouldn't expect any hassle.
JamesT0708
CB-Uk User

Post by JamesT0708 »

Barraclough wrote:
JamesT0708 wrote: I was looking at tint but I know it's something that police really crack down on.
Really? Iv not been pulled with mine yet and it's been over a year. It's fully legal on the rear so shouldn't expect any hassle.
Got some decent photo shop skills ;) looks good! Might aswell give it a go
Mike_Parr
CB-Uk User

Post by Mike_Parr »

JamesT0708 wrote:
Barraclough wrote:
No issues dude, have you got standard rear lights on her? I think tinted rears would look sweet. I had some on mine with just a strip of reflective red for MOT.
Harkus Wrote: Lol I was actually racing a ford focus going through the tunnels making a noise was 5th missed 4th hit 2nd...at 70mph...driving like lad shifting like a woman LOL :lol:
JamesT0708
CB-Uk User

Post by JamesT0708 »

Mike_Parr wrote:
JamesT0708 wrote:
Barraclough wrote: Really? Iv not been pulled with mine yet and it's been over a year. It's fully legal on the rear so shouldn't expect any hassle.
No issues dude, have you got standard rear lights on her? I think tinted rears would look sweet. I had some on mine with just a strip of reflective red for MOT.
That's what the arse is like atm, obviously just without the wiper

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Mike_Parr
CB-Uk User

Post by Mike_Parr »

Nice one!! Looking sweet dude.. even better with tints obviously and in the final days of my B I whacked a square plate on the front and back, looked swell. People don't like square plates but on a metal bracket it looked sweet.
JamesT0708
CB-Uk User

Post by JamesT0708 »

Mike_Parr wrote:Nice one!! Looking sweet dude.. even better with tints obviously and in the final days of my B I whacked a square plate on the front and back, looked swell. People don't like square plates but on a metal bracket it looked sweet.
Got some pressed plates coming tomorrow. I love square plates personally but I don't know a lot of other people who are so keen haha. Was contemplating getting german font pressed plates but knew i'd get stopped eventually
Mike_Parr
CB-Uk User

Post by Mike_Parr »

JamesT0708 wrote:
Mike_Parr wrote:Nice one!! Looking sweet dude.. even better with tints obviously and in the final days of my B I whacked a square plate on the front and back, looked swell. People don't like square plates but on a metal bracket it looked sweet.
Got some pressed plates coming tomorrow. I love square plates personally but I don't know a lot of other people who are so keen haha. Was contemplating getting german font pressed plates but knew i'd get stopped eventually
Oh arr anything other then UK standard are illegal. Many people don't realise this but without the correct spacing, reflective backing and correct font you could be looking at a hefty fine and a prohibition order.
JamesT0708
CB-Uk User

Post by JamesT0708 »

Mike_Parr wrote:
JamesT0708 wrote:
Oh arr anything other then UK standard are illegal. Many people don't realise this but without the correct spacing, reflective backing and correct font you could be looking at a hefty fine and a prohibition order.
Yeah I did my research and decided against it haha, normal pressed plates look sweet anyway
Mike_Parr
CB-Uk User

Post by Mike_Parr »

Yes mate that's true. You better upload a shed of pictures mate you're cars' well sexy!
JamieTee_
CB-Uk User

Post by JamieTee_ »

I'm getting metal pressed plates down at PVS as there's a stand that make them with a marking that makes them road legal :D

also, rear tinted windows are 100% legal! it's just the front door windows you can have upto a certain percentage on them..

Sent from my fingers on my screen ;)
Using Tapatalk
Blackie_No1
CB-Uk User

Atlantis Blue 1.0L

Post by Blackie_No1 »

Iirc front side windows must allow 75% light through them.
Barraclough
CB-Uk User

Post by Barraclough »

Blackie_No1 wrote:Iirc front side windows must allow 75% light through them.
That's the one!
JamesT0708
CB-Uk User

Post by JamesT0708 »

I'm on it then, always wondered about the rear side windows as no-one ever looks through them anyway haha. Just decided to go out and smooth my boot handle on a whim so i'll let you know how it goes. Dunno why I chose to start at 6pm because there's no chance i'll get it done before dark, oh well :D