Irish More Door 1.2

For New & Continuing Projects Only.
NOT for past projects or questions.
stanc3w0rks
CB-Uk User

Irish More Door 1.2

Post by stanc3w0rks »

Well, im in Ireland and this is how my more door corsa started out at a bargain of only €290.

The car wasn't touched for a few weeks so the paint quickly faded.

I got about to polishing it with T-cut color restorer. It makes a hell of a differance lol.

I de-badged it except for the front and rear Opel badges.

I know the roof need polishing but im thinking about a matte or gloss black for the roof tbh.

Then i got a set of 15" ASA alloys with the dreaded missing centre caps :( sorry for the poor picture. (Had to remove mud flaps because the tyres are 195/60s)

Then i got a front bumper witout a grille so that i didnt have to cut my original 1.

Centre console bulbs were blown so just ordered blue ones for behind heater controls and MFD. Found out how hard it is to remove the centre fascia lol.

So while i wait for my bulbs to arrive i was bored and found carbon sticker offcuts and decided to do a few small interior bits, and my car key lol.

So as my offspring just arrived my funds are basically non existant for the moment but would love to hear everyones thoughts and ideas :) Thanks for reading.

Sent from my Ascend G300 using Tapatalk
andy w
CB-Uk User

Re: Irish More Door 1.2

Post by andy w »

Welcome mate nice to see more doors owners on here. Urs is getting there mate and what's been done ain't to bad tbh what plans ya got for ya more door mate
If it ain't green and black send it back :D
stanc3w0rks
CB-Uk User

Post by stanc3w0rks »

Thanks Andy W. So far just general cleaning and tidying, de-badged accept for the boot lock which is missing the Opel badge, 15" ASA alloys with missing centres :( (around 75 dollars EACH on ebay :( ), the de-grilled front bumper, Edge 6x9s on parcel shelf which i will take a pic of tomorrow and my sticker on the passanger side pillar between the windscreen and door
Wanting to keep it subtle so will probably change the rims and pick up a tigra scuttle and Mk2 punto rear wiper, german pressed plates, rear window tint, and lowering springs. All in due time :)

andy w
CB-Uk User

Post by andy w »

Sounds good plans mate im doin the sane to mine with the plates and tinting in also vinyl the bonnet as well but i quite liken the wheels ya have but the et on the wheels looks the same as mine but i quite like the stance on them
stanc3w0rks
CB-Uk User

Post by stanc3w0rks »

Do you have a build poated that i can look out for? What is the vinyl your putting on your bonnet? Ya im bot sure about the ET of my wheels but i wont be able to lower it much without them rubbing lol. Lovely stance from them and a nice poke.

andy w
CB-Uk User

Post by andy w »

Yes mate mine is Río Verde project and im gonna do carbon vinyl in summer but ya can look at mine by all means mate i do need add more picks of the interior yet lol but i am planning to do a full pic update in next few weeks so everyone can see it
stanc3w0rks
CB-Uk User

Post by stanc3w0rks »

I will be having a look at it now. I was thinking of either painting my roof black or using some carbon vinyl. Rio Verde is a nice color and really suits the subtle corsas. Im going to look for some black plastic sideskirts to suit my trim also.

andy w
CB-Uk User

Post by andy w »

Ye mate there are three tones to my colour and mine is the lightest one so it has a slight colour change in the sun light
stanc3w0rks
CB-Uk User

Post by stanc3w0rks »

Just seen it now it looks wicked. Love the color coded bumpers & arches. Wish I lived over in the Uk tbh there are loads more nice parts than over here in Ireland. I have to use Ebay mostly and postage is quite alot. Im thinking about getting a de-badged grille, but i have a sheet of mesh and a can of matte black spray, do you think it would look tacky?

stanc3w0rks
CB-Uk User

Post by stanc3w0rks »

What do you guys think of these sideskirts? Would they look out of place on the corsa?

johnny
Senior Moderator

Post by johnny »

Would need to see them on the car to say if they suit or not tbh:lol:

They don't look like they'd suit it imo
If it doesn't fit,
force it,
If it breaks,
It needed replacing anyway :thumbs:
stanc3w0rks
CB-Uk User

Post by stanc3w0rks »

I was thinking they look to big tbh :( and i dont want to stick a kit on either. What Opel/Vauxhall alloys suit corsas in your opinion? Cant get centre caps for mine :(

johnny
Senior Moderator

Post by johnny »

They do look abit big

Personally I like vectra 5 spokes, astra fans(ones that I have) cav fans cav expressions cav slabs corsa c sxi corsa d limited editions, cesaros, speedlines and momo 5's

Others look good aswell there just my top 10
If it doesn't fit,
force it,
If it breaks,
It needed replacing anyway :thumbs:
stanc3w0rks
CB-Uk User

Post by stanc3w0rks »

Wow thanks i will look them all up now. Your fans are really nice, you did a good job on them. Might have a look for the corsa c sxi and do them black, need yo practice spraying somewhere :P

stanc3w0rks
CB-Uk User

Post by stanc3w0rks »

I really like the sxi alloys actually :O they might be a better fit than mine as mine come out and meet the plastic arches.