Me & My More Door, The Little Blue Beast

For New & Continuing Projects Only.
NOT for past projects or questions.
BigBenson14
CB-Uk User

Re: Me & My More Door, The Little Blue Beast

Post by BigBenson14 »

I'm a big music lover, you can't be happy till there's a large quantity of base in your life ;)
(I know the boot needs a clean :lol: )

Well I got my remote locking fitted this weekend, works a treat :D

It was really simple too, there was about 20 million wires (slight exaggeration) that you didn't really need but they're there for accessories like a boot release and an alarm, there was also wires for things like automatic locking once the foot brake has been pressed and so on. These accessories are quite good but I really just wanted a bog-standard remote locking install so that's what I did :)

The wires you need are in the drivers kick panel, I removed the door trim just to ensure that I had the right wires but other than that everything you need is below the dash/kick panel. The lock wire is the brown/white wire, and the unlock wire is the red/yellow wire (don't take my word for it, always check!) and then the black/white wire is the common. Use the wiring diagram that you get with the kit to check but on mine the lock wire was yellow and the unlock was yellow/black so I just spliced into the relative wires and soldered them up. The two common grounds from the locking unit then need to be spliced into the black/white wire. I also wired in the indicator unit so that when I lock/unlock the indicators flash, but that's fairly straight forward; just remove the trim around the steering wheel, remove the indicator stalk and locate the two black/white wires, splice into them and attach the two brown wires from the unit and then hey-presto!

Got up this morning and one of my alloys had a flat :meh: I've put one of my steelys back on and i'll have to get the alloy fixed asap, it's quite lucky I've got family in the tyre business ;) :lol:

Few more pics of the beast after a quick wash today!

Aknight_811
CB-Uk User

Post by Aknight_811 »

Any idea what those wheels are called?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Domwhitex
CB-Uk User

Post by Domwhitex »

Are they bbs rims?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
johnny
Senior Moderator

Post by johnny »

There mk1 cavalier expression wheels iirc
If it doesn't fit,
force it,
If it breaks,
It needed replacing anyway :thumbs:
andy w
CB-Uk User

Post by andy w »

Ye they are cavalier expression wheels not many around these days iirc novas had them as well on the expression model but in 14"
If it ain't green and black send it back :D
BigBenson14
CB-Uk User

Post by BigBenson14 »

Not done much on the Corsa lately trying to save my pennies :lol:

Parking wan***s got me on saturday though, when i shut my door i think the ticket blew over :meh: I've appealed the charges so i'm hoping i won't have to pay but who knows.

Hopefully more mods to come soon! :D
BigBenson14
CB-Uk User

Post by BigBenson14 »

It's been a while since i've posted in here, however a lot has been going on! I'll try give an update without sending you all off to sleep 8)

Since I last posted,

I've colour coded the rear boot surround:

Smoothed the petrol flap:

Attempted to revive my dull bumper trim, however i managed to scratch ruin that after i had to drive through a hedge in order to get out of a locked car park :meh: :lol:

I tinted my rear windows, but, and it's a big but :lol: i managed to f*-k up the boot window more than once, and the side windows weren't done perfectly, so i removed the tint on the passenger windows and left the tint on the rear qaurters, but i'll probably sort that this weekend :lol:

I then removed all the rub strips, which was a complete pain :meh: i managed to remove some of the paint on my drivers door which i (in my infinite wisdom) decided to 'fix' with a rattle can at 11oclock on a Saturday night :( this is what the aftermath looked like..

However managed to remove all that awful paint and polish the door so much that you can hardley tell what i actually did :lol:

Last weekend i painted a few more interior trim parts, as well as the rocker cover and my brake calipers/drums.

My engine seemed to be making an absolutely awful sound when starting up, decided to flush the engine oil out and replace with some Castrol Magnetec, along with a brand new filter. Cured the issue straight away!

I also got two brand new tyres on my front wheels, and referbed one of the alloys again as it looked awful :D

If you scroll back a few pages you'll see the sub sat in my boot (it's been ratchet strapped in for weeks :lol: ) so I made a wooden support for under the carpet and then a surround to go around the sub, it no longer wobbles or slides..yaaaay! :lol:

Tonight I fitted my new towing strap, i ended up removing the bumper and tack welding it onto the exsiting towing eye, stops people nicking it, and it looks alot cleaner too! :D

Plans for this weekend:
-Replace existing wipers blades with Aeros.
-Repaint rear & front bumper trim (gloss black)
-Replace pollen filter
-Replace worn gear and hand brake gaiter with black leather and blue threaded one.
-Colour code exterior handles

Long term plans:
-Lowered 60mm+
-Smoothed boot lid
-Smoothed front bumper
-Side skirts
-5 door spoiler

Anyway, more mods to follow, sorry about the essay! All opinions welcome!

rsi-dan
CB-Uk User

Post by rsi-dan »

Some really nice progress made there mate like how its going :D

Was smoothing the fuel cap hard to do as looking at doing mine one day 8)
BigBenson14
CB-Uk User

Post by BigBenson14 »

Thanks! Also the fuel cap isn't too hard!

Basically just get a hack saw blade, as fine as you can find, I used a 24tpi, and just hack off the handle thingy, use a file, emery cloth, anything abrasive and remove all the burs around the hole. Then sand down the hole thing.

Fill the hole with body filler, alow to dry and just keep repeating until you have enough to sand to make a smooth surface.

Re sand the cap, check it for a uniform finish, and repeat the filling/sanding as necessary, then primer it, and paint it! That cap was painted with the 6quid arden blue match rattle can from halfords!

rsi-dan
CB-Uk User

Post by rsi-dan »

Cheers mate will give this ago witb my other flap i have
BigBenson14
CB-Uk User

Post by BigBenson14 »

No worries pal! Post up some photos when you've had a go, if you need any help give me a pm!

rsi-dan
CB-Uk User

Post by rsi-dan »

BigBenson14 wrote:No worries pal! Post up some photos when you've had a go, if you need any help give me a pm!

Cheers Buddy :D
Domwhitex
CB-Uk User

Post by Domwhitex »

How do you open the cap now (probably a stupid question)
BigBenson14
CB-Uk User

Post by BigBenson14 »

You just have to get your finger behind the cap! It's not massively difficult but I can see why you'd ask :lol: it's worth the hassle imo

rsi-dan
CB-Uk User

Post by rsi-dan »

Only seen the smoothed cap on a more door so might be the first 3dr to do it