corsa spin project

For New & Continuing Projects Only.
NOT for past projects or questions.
johnny
Senior Moderator

Re: corsa spin project

Post by johnny »

Contact the seller and tell him you can collect after you do the water pump, even pay a deposit
If it doesn't fit,
force it,
If it breaks,
It needed replacing anyway :thumbs:
Domwhitex
CB-Uk User

Post by Domwhitex »

Yeah i'll probably do that, ill go take a look at the thread, and pay day car will be completely sorted so could get them both

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
turbomatty
CB-Uk Newbie

Post by turbomatty »

Ok so havent been on here for a while afew things going on so a quick update I have sourced some seat frames for £15 I also got a 12v computer and just got a single din touch screen with vga input and I have Friday and Monday off so will be working on the corsa over those days hopefully I will get the seats in and the computer and screen in (wont be as good as the cavs but hey) I also got the bonnet dropped off at my mates garage to get the dent and the badboy edge neatened up I also found a place local to me that will powder coat my alooys for around £35 a wheel so depending on wages this month may get them in I will post pics up after the weekend with the progress
turbomatty
CB-Uk Newbie

Post by turbomatty »

Ok bit of an update managed to get one seat in but have to make new brackets due to holes not being drilled off centre and the seat sits at an angle so my knees are touching the steering wheel (hadn't thought bout it when making) but have marked up where the new holes will need to be did start to get power cables run through and tested the pc and screen
turbomatty
CB-Uk Newbie

Post by turbomatty »

Ok havent been on here for a while due to family issues but a bit of bad and good news first the bad this corsa will be up for sale the goodis I have another one coming but with a c20ne in which is what I wanted to fit original to this (altho I still have the c20xe engine) so a bit of a cheat but I am still planning on fitting the bucket seats and bad boy bonnet I have sorted out the pc now so will wait for the new corsa to arrive and fit it to that another good bit of news means that I wl be going to pvs this year in a vauxhall insted of my ford work van so if anyone is intrested in the spin pm me will post som pics of the new o e up soon
andy w
CB-Uk User

Post by andy w »

Sounds not to bad then mate and a spare engine as well lol so good news ya can go to pvs in a Vauxhall
If it ain't green and black send it back :D
turbomatty
CB-Uk Newbie

Post by turbomatty »

Yes that probably the best bit as ghe last couple of times I've had to go in my work van havent decided whether to fit the c20xe or not I only got it as it was cheap at the time but had always planned to fit an 8 valver
andy w
CB-Uk User

Post by andy w »

Well its good to keep or sell as a profit on either engine mate so its win win lol
turbomatty
CB-Uk Newbie

Post by turbomatty »

Ok so I am cheating on my next project a bit but I will be doing a few things to it will update when I have collected it I have some pics now feed back would be good it was found kn ebay with a buy it now for 850 but no one bid so I got it cheap enough

it has a gsi kit on a a few interior parts are colour coded shall be collecting ot the begging of june
andy w
CB-Uk User

Post by andy w »

Looks tidy mate and the colour i quite like aswell tbh hopefully it will be that tidy when ya collect it
Domwhitex
CB-Uk User

Post by Domwhitex »

Just needs a little lowered and im not sure about those skirts personally but definately clean and a good buy buddy!
turbomatty
CB-Uk Newbie

Post by turbomatty »

I agree im not a fan on side skirts. it is fitted with fk coil overs so will be looking at that when I collectdand not sure on the bumper yet so when i collect I can see what I like then sort out the ride height I have included the spec from the ad
johnny
Senior Moderator

Post by johnny »

The skirts look like original irmscher so I'd keep them but fit them properly,

I can see why no-one bid on it tbh, I don't think I'd buy a 2.0 corsa without test driving and giving it a good going over, saying that it looks awesome in the pics and I hope the conversion was done right and not been half arsed

It's a solid engine either way and I'd have a ne over a xe anyday
If it doesn't fit,
force it,
If it breaks,
johnny
Senior Moderator

Post by johnny »

Oh and I havnt heard anyone say anything good fk collies so I'd flog them personally and get another set
If it doesn't fit,
force it,
If it breaks,
turbomatty
CB-Uk Newbie

Post by turbomatty »

I shall see what its like when I collect there will probably be a few things I will change I have always liked the 8v engines tjere pretty strong and reliable im not scared of a bot of work ot a gamble im willing to take it got some of tje work done I may just have to sort bits out to how I would of done them but once taxed at least I will have a car for a while to usr then I can see what needs and what I want to do to it