corsa spin project

For New & Continuing Projects Only.
NOT for past projects or questions.
turbomatty
CB-Uk Newbie

corsa spin project

Post by turbomatty »

Hi I was a member before but unable to log back in I am now getting near to having my cav turbo on the road in the new year so needed another project and got myself a nice clean corsa spin1.2l very cheap and plan on starting it soon so thought I might start a thread for people to follow and give there opinion aswell as a way of documenting the build it is a bit faded but will come good with a polish its got bout 63thousand on the clock here are a few things im going to do and want to do :
Spray bonnet satin black (would like a badboy bonnet tho)
Bonnet pins
Vectra 5 spoke wheels (to be painted white)
Reclining bucket seats
Spray and fit front bumper
Sort out exhaust (previous owner had fitted and I dont like the way it points down)
Colour code ext trim (may remove bump strips)
Fit lowering springs
And if I can find some black interior for it I am toyi g with the idea to either fit a sound system or strip it out I also have some spares from my donner cav turbo left so thinking of changing the front brakes depending on if I can find some discs and dependeds on the clearance behind the wheel I will add some photos of it and the parts I havee oh and one more thing I might do as I have is fit a c20xe (yes I know its been done so many times now) I did want a 2l 8v but this came cheap and came with mounts and shafts for a corsa its a cheap project as all the parts and car has only cost around 6-700 in total
turbomatty
CB-Uk Newbie

Re: corsa spin project

Post by turbomatty »

Ive got pictures on my phone nos just trying to get them uploaded but it wont let me at the moment ne ideas?
johnny
Senior Moderator

Post by johnny »

http://www.corsa-b.co.uk/forum/viewtopi ... 12#p150512

Plan sounds excellent btw can't wait to see it :)
If it doesn't fit,
force it,
If it breaks,
It needed replacing anyway :thumbs:
turbomatty
CB-Uk Newbie

Post by turbomatty »

Thanks have been reading yours and must say yours looks good aswell
andy w
CB-Uk User

Post by andy w »

Looks like ya gonna ave a good example when its done buddy and ya dunna see many cav turbos around
If it ain't green and black send it back :D
turbomatty
CB-Uk Newbie

Post by turbomatty »

Yep I hope I have one that people will like hopefully in the new year both will be on the road the cav been off for so long cant wait to get it the corsa was just gonna be a bit of fun but reminded me of my first car so has to be kept! When I work out how to upload photos off my phone I will ipload zome of the corsa anf parts and of the cav
andy w
CB-Uk User

Post by andy w »

Looking forward to em buddy
johnny
Senior Moderator

Post by johnny »

Did you follow the link I posted? Think the plugin may need updated with the amount of bother people are having
If it doesn't fit,
force it,
If it breaks,
turbomatty
CB-Uk Newbie

Post by turbomatty »

ImageImage

The interior
This is how she wss when I got her haven't done anything to her yet but change the wheels as wanna sell the ones that were on her (see the first pic it got put in thr wrong place)

The parts

Thoughts please (will add pics of turbo when I get some)
The exhaust which needs sorting (wanna keep the round style if I have to chsnge it)
turbomatty
CB-Uk Newbie

Post by turbomatty »

Finally worked out how to upload the pics!!!!!!!
turbomatty
CB-Uk Newbie

Post by turbomatty »

The wheels have already been sand blasted ready for paint just need to prep the inside dont know weather to paint myself or get my mates garage to do them for me (has to be gloss white)
johnny
Senior Moderator

Post by johnny »

It all looks good bar that front bumper :lol:

I painted my wheels gloss white myself and they came out good IMO and yours are alot easier to paint than mine lol but if you can afford it I'd get them powder coated
If it doesn't fit,
force it,
If it breaks,
turbomatty
CB-Uk Newbie

Post by turbomatty »

The front bumper is because I was gonna do a track car its probably gonna be the only wild thing on it once its on I may even change my mind after!!
andy w
CB-Uk User

Post by andy w »

Looks good buddy funny thing is i like the original seats lol the front bumper ain't that over the top tbh look at the one i have on lmao but i wud put the wheels on the in the first pic until the car is completely done so if it snows u don't damage the the Vauxhall ones u got and the exhaust cud do with being slightly inwards but looking quite good mate and with the complete product think its gonna be a cracking car :D
turbomatty
CB-Uk Newbie

Post by turbomatty »

The alloys in the first pic are what it came with a couple of the tyres are low but they are also the wrong offset not that keen on those wheels to be honest so looking to get rid of them the interior is very clean just rather black! Havent looked at the exhaust at the mo to see what needs doing to it yet the seats we're really cheap I think I paid bout 50-60 for the pair and there reclinerable! They are fitted with mk1 astra frames at the moment the weather been sh**lately so not been able to do much but hopefully get her on the road and get the springs fitted at the moment just deciding on weather to keep the rear seats or not? Maybe a full stero instead? Thoughts and opinions?