Silver 1.2 MoreDoor

For New & Continuing Projects Only.
NOT for past projects or questions.
Aknight_811
CB-Uk User

Re: Silver 1.2 MoreDoor

Post by Aknight_811 »

I had so many good things to write in this update like how the cv boot is done and the new exhaust is on and sounding mint but unfortunately its a bad update obviously the wheel nuts were cross threaded when my mate put the wheels back on and its worked its way loose and the wheels come off luckily the vibrations made me slow down and even luckier the damage isnt huge looks like a recked bottom ball joint smashed wheel arch and ill have to tap the hub threads and obviously new bolts but f**k me what a stupid thing ive done lesson learnt
BigBenson14
CB-Uk User

Post by BigBenson14 »

lucky escape there pal! Would it not be wise to fit new hubs? Finding a metric fine thread tap that size might prove difficult, plus if the threads are knacked all ready then tapping them out's might not fix the weakened threads :(

Out of curioisity how did you fit the CV boot? I had to do one on mine a few months back and ended up cutting and glueing it together :lol:
andy w
CB-Uk User

Post by andy w »

Did u take the front hub away from the drive shaft bigbenson14 and i agree wudnt even both repairing the hub just go the local breakers yard and pay for one off another car imo
If it ain't green and black send it back :D
BigBenson14
CB-Uk User

Post by BigBenson14 »

Yeah I had the hub assembly off, I built a cone shape in order to try stretch the boot over the shaft and cv joint itself but not matter how much I lubed it up it would not go over :lol: my MOT was the next day as well otherwise I might have had more patients with the proper way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
andy w
CB-Uk User

Post by andy w »

That's fair mate as long as it ain't passed how ya did it :)
If it ain't green and black send it back :D
Aknight_811
CB-Uk User

Post by Aknight_811 »

I have an air spreader to do my cv boots takes all of about 8 seconds when you have the hub off
BigBenson14
CB-Uk User

Post by BigBenson14 »

I might have to invest in one of those then!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aknight_811
CB-Uk User

Post by Aknight_811 »

Painting of the interior is done will be fitting it all tonight and will photo it all up I have loads of updates to get on but have been waiting for everything to be done first. But so far the updates from the ladt few weeks have been new interior lights and coloured console, colour coded bumpers and handles, pressed plates, sub and amp mounted, side indicates changed for white ones, 60mm lowered all round and john ashley backbox and straight through. Probably more that ive forgotten by now
Aknight_811
CB-Uk User

Post by Aknight_811 »

Next on the list is a new front wing after this one got damaged, possibly a bad boy bonnet and window tinting. I only say the bonnet because I want something that toughens the front end up
JamieTee_
CB-Uk User

Silver 1.2 MoreDoor

Post by JamieTee_ »

I'm a fan of the badboy bonnets, I also want one myself, people on Facebook pages have sold them for £10-25 which is a bargain but just got to be careful you don't end up with a crappy rough one, also get a GSi bumper on the front..would be different ;)

Sent from my mind.
Using Tapatalk
Aknight_811
CB-Uk User

Post by Aknight_811 »

Well it sadly looks like I will never get to finish the more door I had a good run and at least tidyed the car up no end but unfortunately the head gasket has done a runner on me and looks like im going to have to downgrade to the fiesta st I'm defiantly going to miss this beauty of a car bum though Image
Aknight_811
CB-Uk User

Post by Aknight_811 »

All this on the same day that I finally managed to be happy with the shine I got out of the roof at last :( Image
Aknight_811
CB-Uk User

Post by Aknight_811 »

Cars being completely stripped now so if theres anything you want let me know. As posted in another thread I have john ashley centre and back box, apex 60mm springs and struts, 1200w sub and amp, colour coded bumpers and arches, debadged and wipered boot with colour coded boot lock (lock fits 3 door) and cav slabs with good tyres
Aknight_811
CB-Uk User

Post by Aknight_811 »

Good solid car so if anyone wants it for a engine transplant its fine to go like that