Brown body-kitted b!

For New & Continuing Projects Only.
NOT for past projects or questions.
Joshw
CB-Uk Newbie

Brown body-kitted b!

Post by Joshw »

Hi everyone!! :D I'm doing this thread on behalf of my misses haha, I'm on ccuk with my c project I'll upload pictures of that in a minute the main reason I wanna post this is because when she bought it the number plate has this forums website under it so just wanted to see if anyone knew the history of it or who ever did they wanted to know where it is now :), this was her b when she bought it lol...

As you can tell it's been abused by a need for speed fan which I wasn't happy about haha but we weren't together when she bought it so I never got a say in it lol, but since I didn't have a car when me and her met she was my taxi and I wasn't happy about being taxid about In a shed!

So first mod was we painted the wheels(as she likes the wheels so other wheels weren't an option :( ) and got rid of a few tacky things like a 16v badge and painted a few grills black :)

Wasn't the best of jobs but it was a quick overnight aerosol job but made so much difference to the look of the car lol..

Next was to remove the bucket seats and replace with something amazing!

Yes they are leather cozzey recaro seats

Sent from my corsa
Joshw
CB-Uk Newbie

Re: Brown body-kitted b!

Post by Joshw »

It didn't really go very far from there for a while it sort of just got driven for a while then basically kept buying her things for it, hids, wind deflectors flat blades, led interior lights then I ran out of things haha.. The body kit had to come off!
I wanted to go down the gsi kit route but there wasn't any available at the time for a decent price lol..

So found a rear bumper which was sad that it was Matt black but it was better than a need for speed thing haha

And a front bumper which was silver (which is still silver to this day :/

Things just kept going wrong with it replaced numerous cv boots,shafts,ball joints, oil pressure sensors, handbrake cable, throttle positioning sensors, basically it had a fair bit go wrong and then a fair bit spent on it them a clutch went which just made me wanna burn it lol.,

But we carried on fixing things and paying for things to get fixed..

Sent from my corsa
Joshw
CB-Uk Newbie

Post by Joshw »

Next was a snapped spring on the rear and an exhaust fall into about a million pieces,

So managed to find a rear bumper in brown and he had a front too in the same colour but someone bought it just as I was clicking buy :(, so treated it to a brand new standard exhaust the rear bumper and some coilovers :)

And that's pretty much how it stands to this day haha she's finally decided she wants a new car but she can't decide what so I stopped spending money on it, she says she just wants to scrap it which is poo! But I might invest in it and have a track toy or something i dunno we'll see haha...

Sent from my corsa
Joshw
CB-Uk Newbie

Post by Joshw »

Also as promised pictures of my c :)

That's all for now haha any criticism it appreciated aswel as positive feedback :)

Cheers for reading :)

Sent from my corsa
andy w
CB-Uk User

Post by andy w »

Interesting read dude u ave put some love in the little b :) hope ya keep it and quite warming to the colour aswell lol the c ain't to bad either. Loving the wheels on the c tho unfortunately i ain't into the c as a car i prefer the b but everyone has there own taste in which model they like. Welcome as well will help as much as possible. But i would get rid of the nasty lights on the back of the b
If it ain't green and black send it back :D
Joshw
CB-Uk Newbie

Post by Joshw »

andy w wrote:Interesting read dude u ave put some love in the little b :) hope ya keep it and quite warming to the colour aswell lol the c ain't to bad either. Loving the wheels on the c tho unfortunately i ain't into the c as a car i prefer the b but everyone has there own taste in which model they like. Welcome as well will help as much as possible. But i would get rid of the nasty lights on the back of the b
Haha cheers mate! Yeah it finally got some love and attention it deserved, it was clearly a bodged together wreck lol! Every wire behind the dash was just 'taped' together no soldering nothing lol took a lot of us to deal with but it's finally in a half decent condition lol..

Yeah the lights are awful and defiantly not to my taste either but just one of them things I haven't got round to sorting yet lol it's just that simple of a job I think it's just been forgotten lol, cheers mate the c and the b are my favourite model I'd defiantly consider a b for a nice stripped out track weapon I just don't think I could have one as my daily after having a c lol, the b's look far better modded than the c's IMO so many different options that actually look really awesome on a b wearas a c doesn't pull it off :)

Sent from my corsa
andy w
CB-Uk User

Post by andy w »

f**k fire hazzard waiting happen then u thought they would atleast use blocks. And ye there are a few c around this part and they tend to look a tad bland compared to the b. But i do like the inside on the c but all in all most grew up around the b as i grew up around the nova as a teen suppose after time the c will gain the same status as the previous versions have
If it ain't green and black send it back :D
Joshw
CB-Uk Newbie

Post by Joshw »

andy w wrote:f**k fire hazzard waiting happen then u thought they would atleast use blocks. And ye there are a few c around this part and they tend to look a tad bland compared to the b. But i do like the inside on the c but all in all most grew up around the b as i grew up around the nova as a teen suppose after time the c will gain the same status as the previous versions have
Yeah that's it mate! Hopefully the c will follow in the nova and the b's footsteps like other cars have with there predecessors! Can't quite see it happening with this sort of generation of cars that are about there's just too many on the road to become 'wanted' or 'rare' :/ I dunno we'll see lol

Sent from my corsa
johnny
Senior Moderator

Post by johnny »

20 years ago ago people would have said that about.the nova, and 10 years ago nobody would have thought b's would start getting rare this soon

But im of the same opinion, i dont think the c will have the same rep
If it doesn't fit,
force it,
If it breaks,
It needed replacing anyway :thumbs:
Domwhitex
CB-Uk User

Post by Domwhitex »

C will never be the same as the b or a nova!

Cannot stand even close!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk