CB-Uk User

Re: First car, new to all of this!

Post by Domwhitex »

Yeah bought them off him a while back
Domwhitex
CB-Uk User

Re: Dom's Red B

Post by Domwhitex »

Not an official update but its been slow progress on the b as ive been saving to get this little gem

92' mazda mx5 90k on the clock runs perfect, sills and arches look good at a glance (will take further inspection before buying) but needs anew roof and abit of mold has grew on the seats due to f**k roof but easy enough to sort, needs some tlc but im prepared to do it and this should be on the road looking smart again next year at which point the corsa will be garaged and worked on in the spare time, as for the corsa currently just got to spray and fit: gsi front bumper, spoiler, smoothed rear bumper, spray arches and refit/bond on, and fit rear coilovers, buy new front coilovers as the shortened shocks with 60mm springs i bought havent came so i believe a scam from a guy on gumtree.. But i'll update this if i get this miata, should know by the weekend as a gentleman bought it before christmas but hasnt collected it (hes in wales) and he had a heart attack hes now recovered afew months back and hasnt moved it so she is going to refund him and sell it to me (if he accepts) so fingers crossed! :D
johnny
Senior Moderator

Post by johnny »

Did he build the wall around the car :lol: always liked the mx5 as a drift slag/road racer but don't think I'd like it as a daily tbh

Mr2 is better btw :lol:
If it doesn't fit,
force it,
If it breaks,
It needed replacing anyway :thumbs:
Domwhitex
CB-Uk User

Post by Domwhitex »

Im really not sure how the cars in there its such a tight fit haha :D

My mate has one dropped 100mm all round duck tail, spacers for wide wheels and arches, list goes on its his daily/part time drifter, wet mornings when no ones around!

In two minds whether to use it as a daily or a drift car, maybe start as a daily an see how it goes

I do like mr2's but not enough to own one i don't think, and convertible man come on!
johnny
Senior Moderator

Post by johnny »

Domwhitex wrote:Im really not sure how the cars in there its such a tight fit haha :D

My mate has one dropped 100mm all round duck tail, spacers for wide wheels and arches, list goes on its his daily/part time drifter, wet mornings when no ones around!

In two minds whether to use it as a daily or a drift car, maybe start as a daily an see how it goes

I do like mr2's but not enough to own one i don't think, and convertible man come on!
They look unreal with the widebody kit a sleepy lights

T top is better than softtop imo but that is mainly because the bandit had a T top :lol:
If it doesn't fit,
force it,
If it breaks,
It needed replacing anyway :thumbs:
Domwhitex
CB-Uk User

Post by Domwhitex »

Yeah thats what i'm looking for a lovely picture i found of one that i'm aiming for something similar to this design for the silver Image

Yeah i do like the old mr2s but theres something about the 5's i love! But sleepy wye kit will be on order or you never know maybe some of this for summer time fun ;) Image
stanc3w0rks
CB-Uk User

Post by stanc3w0rks »

Sent from my Nokia 3210
Domwhitex
CB-Uk User

Post by Domwhitex »

I love these things it will be a long process but getting it right before it goes on the road!
Westley
CB-Uk User

Post by Westley »

How's the car going? :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Domwhitex
CB-Uk User

Post by Domwhitex »

Just bought a huge sub got that in, and spent 60 on paint to finish the spoiler, and to spray my arches, gsi front bumper and my smoothed rear bumper and it should all be dome this weekend! Also im
Swapping my morettes for some smoked depos on sunday, ill post up
Updates this weekend!
Domwhitex
CB-Uk User

Post by Domwhitex »

Got some smoked depo's and slammed the car, im not sure how low it is as im on front and back coilovers and low profile tyres but the fronts about an inch and a half off the floor, and the exhaust is about the same

Managed to rip both front mud guards off and half take my bumper off, also lost my front left arch trim somewhere haha going to get another one

Started spraying

Also got some stickers ill get pictures of them in a while!
Westley
CB-Uk User

Post by Westley »

That looks really good! Just need that spoiler to finish it off now :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Domwhitex
CB-Uk User

Post by Domwhitex »

Spoilers red and so is the rear bumper, need to finish the gsi front and arches then to do abit of vinyl wrapping
andy w
CB-Uk User

Post by andy w »

Looking good dom but ya cud do with lifting the bak box a bit or that will be the next thing to end up getting ripped off :lol:
If it ain't green and black send it back :D
Domwhitex
CB-Uk User

Post by Domwhitex »

Yeah i have a bracket that was welded to the band that wraps around the backbox whivh was holding it close to the bumper but now that snapped well it did afew weeks back but havent had it welded yet! Going to get it done this week

BUT a big problem, my indicators aren't working, when i put them on the lights on solid on the dash but nothings on outside of the car, but my hazards still work and flash outside just the indicators don't work!

Need help on this badly!