CB-Uk User

Re: Dom's Red B

Post by Domwhitex »

Stickers bitches
andy w
CB-Uk User

Post by andy w »

Domwhitex wrote:Yeah i have a bracket that was welded to the band that wraps around the backbox whivh was holding it close to the bumper but now that snapped well it did afew weeks back but havent had it welded yet! Going to get it done this week

BUT a big problem, my indicators aren't working, when i put them on the lights on solid on the dash but nothings on outside of the car, but my hazards still work and flash outside just the indicators don't work!

Need help on this badly!
firstly I wud check.the fuses as the hazards work on a different fuse if not cud be the stalk which.is the problem
If it ain't green and black send it back :D
Domwhitex
CB-Uk User

Post by Domwhitex »

It did work for 2 short journeys when i first changed the headlights, then they stopped completely, i did try changing the relay and had a look at the fusues but couldnt see which one did the indicators

What problems can the stalk cause?
diggerhole
CB-Uk User

Post by diggerhole »

The stalk is well known for wearing out. New ones are avalable on ebay so well worth swapping out.
Domwhitex
CB-Uk User

Post by Domwhitex »

Do you think it could be that?
JamieTee_
CB-Uk User

Post by JamieTee_ »

Domwhitex wrote:Do you think it could be that?
it's definitely not the stalk buddy, I've had the same problem with mine since lowering it! I always have to bang the hazard button in and press it again then they start working, happens a lot when I hit bumps quite hard :lol: give that a try and get back to me :)

Sent from my mind.
Using Tapatalk
Domwhitex
CB-Uk User

Post by Domwhitex »

It stopped working before i lowered the car, ordered a stalk anyway also going to get another relay as tried 2 from the scrappys and they didnt work
JamieTee_
CB-Uk User

Post by JamieTee_ »

mine did too :lol: I just bang the hazards and they start working again, but I think your right about it being the relay as mine do the same, don't know why they work when you bang the hazards though :lol: confusing stuff

Sent from my mind.
Using Tapatalk
Domwhitex
CB-Uk User

Post by Domwhitex »

They used to work if i left the hazards on for 5-10 seconds then the indicators will work for 2-3 turns then cut out its really bugging me now! Been doing it since i first got morettes
Domwhitex
CB-Uk User

Post by Domwhitex »

Yo I'm finally back had a lot of poo going on but basically I lost my licence because I bumped up onto a kerb to speak to an ex this was early last year because she had 400 quids worth of my stuff and I wanted it back long story short I wanted to bump up park on the grass off a single carriage way road ended up sliding on the grass (bumped up at 5-10) and slid into her friend the lad then pressed charges saying I hit him at 40 (the road speed limit) even though he fell over and I had witness's in a car behind saying it was an accident, went crown, lost my licence for 12 months, 250 hours community service and 700 in fines, f**k joke but biting the bullet the corsa's in the garage along with my mx5 and starting modifying the Corsa again, gsi kit is almost done on the Corsa just need some skirts, got lucky with my bumper it has grill, splitter fogs everything good condition

Plans are: either 1.6 or c20ne engine going in just need to source the engine

Stripped out show cage and 2 buckets

That's about it really, abit of smoothing the general and see where this takes me
mbonner02
CB-Uk User

Post by mbonner02 »

Do the x16xe 1.6 that's what mine is and with a few mods like mine they leave redtops for dust. Not been on the rollers but when it's back on the road I will be. Before it had the forged internals and just had the other bits off the line till about 50-55mph it's neck and neck with a scooby wrx. Much better engine

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Corsa weapon A.K.A the Scooby Killer ;)
Domwhitex
CB-Uk User

Post by Domwhitex »

It's just trying to source a decent engine and correct me if I'm wrong but with the 1.6 xe isn't it just the engine ecu and loom and away it goes? Or is there more
mbonner02
CB-Uk User

Post by mbonner02 »

That's it mate. And because it's designed for corsa it's straight fit. They were originally designed and developed by lotus and prototypes were more powerful and quicker then the c20xe redtop so to avoid embarrassment for the redtop and for vauxhall they watered it down. Main thing was intake manifold was extremely restricted. So there's things called powerboxes which open up the air flow and pretty much put it back to being a redtop killer. Team it with other mods and your on to a winner. Doing an engine swap is the best time to do cams too I'm running diablous cams and pullies amongst a few other things. If you look at my pics the powerbox is the shiney box ontop of the engine which replaces the intake mani. Very good strong engine

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Corsa weapon A.K.A the Scooby Killer ;)
stanc3w0rks
CB-Uk User

Post by stanc3w0rks »

Shame about your licence lad how long you got left on the ban? I think I am getting banned next month for dangerous driving and 5 other minor offences ( no L plates, no nct etc.)

Sent from my GT-I8200N using Tapatalk
Domwhitex
CB-Uk User

Post by Domwhitex »

Ah yeah i didn't know they were restricted I knew about Lexmaul power boxes well i had seen them wasn't 100% on how good they are haha, what else are you running?

Got banned on January 6th at crown, ouch you'll be banned for a while then to haha