White 1.2 LS 3dr Project- New To Corsas!

For New & Continuing Projects Only.
NOT for past projects or questions.
DexterSinister
CB-Uk Newbie

White 1.2 LS 3dr Project- New To Corsas!

Post by DexterSinister »

Hey all!
New to the world of Corsas until I bought this.
I was just going to flip this for a quick profit, but I started to quite like the little thing while I was cleaning it today. A nice reliable and economical car would be kind of useful right now.... Can't leave it standard though :meh:

So it's a 1996 1.2 LS. Belonged to my neighbor who was an old dear who only stopped driving it because she only used it to go to church and it was cheaper to use a taxi for that, so when the T&T ran out she just left in in the car park.

It looked a mess after 18 months of sitting, but at 150 bones I wasn't really taking much of a risk.
It's one owner, always serviced at Vauxhall but she says she lost the service book :doh:
Did find a notebook with the details of every petrol stop it's ever had in it though, so every cloud!

Needs an alternator as this ones seized (got one?), but otherwise it runs well and stops as it should. I'll give it a service and a bit of a check over before I bang it through an MOT and see what happens!

IImage

It has 81,000 on the clock and I bet it's never been above 60mph! Interior is on good order, just needs a really good clean.

It's an eight valve which I'm hoping is going to be pretty reliable and cheap to run. While I'm replacing the alternator and belt I will drop the oil and change the filters, give it a bit of a service and check over. But it runs sweetly enough and drove on trade plates a couple of miles to free the brakes off without issues. Exhaust does sound like it's blowing a bit.

First thing to do was give it a bit of a scrub to see what it's like under there.

It's actually very clean indeed, nearly mint! The front has no stone chips, and there isn't so much as a parking ding or repair to be seen anywhere. It will polish up really nice when I get chance to mop it :D

Only defects I can find are, small scuff on the rear bumper, very minor and on the white lower edge. 5mm rust bubble starting to show on the rear wiper area, same on lower rear l/h arch, but it's only paint so I'll take care of that before it becomes anything. Plastics need bringing back. Otherwise it's absolutely mint! Very happy :D

So the modifying plans... No valver going in or anything, I'm keeping it stock engine wise for simplicity. I'm going to start with some unusual rims I've got in mind and a set of coilovers to get it low. Real low. And a nice clean body with some very subtle mods here and there.

Cheers and hope you like! :D
andy w
CB-Uk User

Re: White 1.2 LS 3dr Project- New To Corsas!

Post by andy w »

Hi and welcome buddy definitely a transformation in the picks ya put up :) i have the same engine in my more door and they ain't to bad on fuel. Looks like some good plans for it and cant wait to see future posts and end product :D so what size wheels ya goin for
If it ain't green and black send it back :D
andy w
CB-Uk User

Post by andy w »

Also that is the first 3 door white corsa ive seen in a long time :D
DexterSinister
CB-Uk Newbie

Post by DexterSinister »

Thanks Andy!
I think I've settled on a set of 16"s. I've got a few sets of wheels kicking about but nothing in 4x100. I want something aa little bit different and I think I've found just the wheels :)
andy w
CB-Uk User

Post by andy w »

That sounds sweet mate was gonna put 16s on mine but was offered some deep dish bbs 15s which i get just after Xmas off ny mate but its good being a little different as u can tell by my car lol
Barraclough
CB-Uk User

Post by Barraclough »

Looks awesome! I have a thing for white B's. When they've been looked after!
Barraclough
CB-Uk User

Post by Barraclough »

You after a motor for the rear wiper?
DexterSinister
CB-Uk Newbie

Post by DexterSinister »

I'm not sure what's going on with the wiper. I'll have to check it out when I get some charge in the battery!
johnny
Senior Moderator

Post by johnny »

Welcome to the site mate :)Car looks a great base, for the wheels get as close to ET49 as possible corsas love to rub on aftermarket alloys lol
If it doesn't fit,
force it,
If it breaks,
It needed replacing anyway :thumbs:
DexterSinister
CB-Uk Newbie

Post by DexterSinister »

Cheers!
Yeah I was doing some reading about the offset I need. I remember my mate's mk2 Astra was picky about which wheels would sit right back in the day. It's quite a high offset. But the wheels Im looking at are ET50 so should be a nice fit 8)
andy w
CB-Uk User

Post by andy w »

Ya gotta put pics of em :D
johnny
Senior Moderator

Post by johnny »

Et50 will fit perfect yeah,any clue of what they are
If it doesn't fit,
force it,
If it breaks,
It needed replacing anyway :thumbs:
DexterSinister
CB-Uk Newbie

Post by DexterSinister »

I won't say yet, but they should be a bit different! After I've done what's needed to get it on the road the wheels will be the first thing I'll do :D
andy w
CB-Uk User

Post by andy w »

Sweet so external mods ya thinking of :)
DexterSinister
CB-Uk Newbie

Post by DexterSinister »

Finally got round to boshing this through its MOT on Friday... Passed! Just an advisory for the blowing exhaust :D
Really happy with that, it's only the second car I've ever had that's gone straight through an MOT so you can imagine the heaps I usually drive :lol:

It's now insured and I'll tax it on the 1st, then clock some miles up as it's only done 80 miles in 3 years!

I've fitted a new battery, alternator and belt, new windscreen (old one cracked a few days before the MOT) and wiper blades, which all cost about £160. But at least I know it's never going to leave me stranded.

So now it's reliable and legal it's time to start dicking about with it :D

Been having a think about which way to go with it, and I'm going to start finding the bits I need.
Clean and simple will be the name of the game!

Anyone got any spare front light innards kicking around? I want to have a play with some headlight ideas without taking the car off the road :)