my corsa b sxi 16v

For New & Continuing Projects Only.
NOT for past projects or questions.
gazza_no7
CB-Uk User

Re: my corsa b sxi 16v

Post by gazza_no7 »

Plans sound good mate! and some depos? :P aha smooth boots look really nice! want one for mine tbh...
corsaez
CB-Uk User

Post by corsaez »

Depos are already on order matey, just waiting for the postman to deliver them. It's taking me awhile to modify due to my work shift patterns. The engine bay needs a good tidy up soon aswell, so may look into buying new hoses.
Yeah got loads of plans for it, but it's time that's holding me back. Cheers for your comments
corsaez
CB-Uk User

Post by corsaez »

In two days ive got a week off, im so looking forward to doing some bits and bobs to my car. My depos arrived damaged so had to sent them back. Decided i might order that flyeyes tint film and have a go at fitting it myself. Ive been lucky and managed to find a tigra scuttle tray and coin tray from my local scrapyard for the grand sum of £5 !! ive fitted the scuttle and coin tray already, simple jobs really. Also after paying £27, ive now got a K&N panel filter, brand new from a seller on ebay. It gives a better induction type roar when i put my foot down, but to be honest, my exhaust drowns it out lol, feels like it pulling better aswell. Just got new bumper with spotlights to fit and replace the broken arch trim. Then its stripping afew bits down to scrub and clean up in the engine bay and thinking about replacing the fuel filter aswell, not sure where it is but been told behind drivers seat underneath car.

Before..

After..
scorpiotn1
CB-Uk User

Post by scorpiotn1 »

Get some Aero wipers it will look much better mate.
and have you thought about just blanking the EGR ? you prob find it idles much better too now that its cleaned ?
also does your sun strip legal for MOT etc ? i think i used to have one built into my windscreen at one stage before i had to get it replaced. i want a light smoke back.
"I mod for the plesure... Not to drive ignorantly"
Garage: - 1999 Corsa B GSI Rep - 2010 Toyota Auris SR
johnny
Senior Moderator

Post by johnny »

There legal as long as the wipers dont hit them iirc, mine is illegal but that size is fine
If it doesn't fit,
force it,
If it breaks,
It needed replacing anyway :thumbs:
corsaez
CB-Uk User

Post by corsaez »

Yeah I thought about blanking the egr but decided against it whilst its working. Seen those aero wiper on afew corsa's reasently and I do like the look of them. My current wipers do go over the sunstrip but I'm not sure if it'll fail an mot or not. My mot isn't due till feb next year. I was planning of asking the mot tester about it before handing it over to be tested. If hes not happy about it, then I can rip it off for the test. Only cost £8, so I could buy a new one and refit it after the test. Will shall see!
johnny
Senior Moderator

Post by johnny »

corsaez wrote:I can rip it off for the test. Only cost £8, so I could buy a new one and refit it after the test. Will shall see!
My thoughts exactly
If it doesn't fit,
force it,
If it breaks,
corsaez
CB-Uk User

Post by corsaez »

Little update,
Managed to swap the bumpers over today! I found that the little dint in my old bumper had bent some metal near the radiator. i spent afew hours with a hammer and various other tools trying to straighten it all out. Took some doing, but its all straight and the new bumper is on. Just got to the fit the drl/spot lights to the bumper and then ill be happy. Whilst i was changing the bumper, i thought i might aswell replace the broken driver arch trim. It was only held on by two of them metal t-shaped bolts and plastic nuts. Still got 8 days off so im in no rush to get the jobs done, although im determined to get them all done while ive got the time. I'll post updated pics tomorrow after ive spend some time cleaning the car.
corsaez
CB-Uk User

Post by corsaez »

So this is the damage to the original bumper..
Drivers side..

This is the passenger side..

New (secondhand) bumper..

Also got my new arch trim fitted finally..

Old one held on by 2 bolts and screws..

New one fitted..

Spent today using peanut oil to darken the bumper top and trims and any other faded plastic parts on the car. tomorrow its getting a clean inside, hoover and polish.
So thats me up to date at the mo, still got my drl/spot lights to fit and wire in, just waiting for a cheque to clear so i can go buy the wire i need to wire the switch up. updates will follow.
johnny
Senior Moderator

Post by johnny »

Thats mint for a second hand bumper, did you not buy a wiring kit for the drls? There 15£ in haldords i think and come with everthing needed.

What colour are them wheels?
If it doesn't fit,
force it,
If it breaks,
corsaez
CB-Uk User

Post by corsaez »

I bought the lights from ebay thinking the wiring kit came with them, was cheap for a reason! only spent £6 haha lesson learnt, gotta check the description first, it stated at the bottom that the wiring kit wasnt with them. oh well.
The wheels i bought from a lad in wakefield, he said they was painted anthrite. they definately need refurbing, thats last on my list tbh.

Edit.. Yeah got real lucky with the bumper, i bought it from a lass in newark who was stripping a sxi like mine. only cost £10. i have been hand polishing it like mad for the few months its been sat in my spare room. very pleased with it!!!
corsaez
CB-Uk User

Post by corsaez »

Finally got the led drl lights fitted and wired up. Ive decided to just wire them to the battery with an inline fuse and a switch inside the car. Below are some pics with the lights on during the day and a night time pic. The night pic makes them look like spotlights, but they give a good range of light.

Pic of them fitted, not switched on...

Pic of them switched on during the day..

Pic of them switched on at night..
corsaez
CB-Uk User

Post by corsaez »

The next job on my large list.. Cleaning up the engine bay.

Im going to take 'before and after' pics as before but ill post them once its all done.
gazza_no7
CB-Uk User

Post by gazza_no7 »

Looking good mate :)
corsaez
CB-Uk User

Post by corsaez »

Thanks matey.. Still got a list as long as my arm, but im getting through it bit by bit.