my corsa b sxi 16v

For New & Continuing Projects Only.
NOT for past projects or questions.
corsaez
CB-Uk User

Re: my corsa b sxi 16v

Post by corsaez »

Been busy fitting a glove box light which i earthed from the interior door switch and got positive from the radio constant feed, result is the glove box light comes on whenever i open my door or i can switch it on using the interior light switch. other jobs today was too replace a blown bulb behind the heater controls. ive replaced these little bulbs with blue leds which go with my radio light colour. also got through the post today, a new magnetic tax disc holder (see pic) looks good! still got new arch trims and front bumper to fit, but these are getting fitted after ive been to glastonbury festival.
corsaez
CB-Uk User

Post by corsaez »

Not much done to my car, just cleaning it down inside and out, amazing how quick it gets dirty. Bought and fitted a new radio, sony cd player with ipod connectivity and usb port for memory stick. sounds loads better than my old alpine radio. Also went to pvs, was an awesome day and ive got some new ideas for my car after seeing what others have done. Wont be doing much to the car for afew weeks due to trip to glastonbury festival and then taking on more shifts at work when i get back.

Next on the list of things to do is..
1, fit new drivers arch
2, change front bumper
3, fit drl lights
4, get windows tinted
5, full professional detail

ill be posting pics asap
corsaez
CB-Uk User

Post by corsaez »

Decided to fit my original lights back on, I was starting to not like them anymore. After having the tinted lights on for afew months now, the original ones look really out of place lol.
Before..

After..

I had ordered led brake bulbs from a seller on ebay, but they are not as bright as normal bulbs, so ive put them back in the bag they came in.
Deciced to wash polish and wax my corsa aswell today, just finished and then it started to rain. hmm

johnny
Senior Moderator

Post by johnny »

Tinted lights looked better imo made the back all blend together
If it doesn't fit,
force it,
If it breaks,
It needed replacing anyway :thumbs:
corsaez
CB-Uk User

Post by corsaez »

Im thinking about saving up and buying some led type rear lights. Ive seen some which look nice Image
gazza_no7
CB-Uk User

Post by gazza_no7 »

Do not get those led lights! They look horrible! I would get some euro lights as they look sick on black corsas!
corsaez
CB-Uk User

Post by corsaez »

What do the euro ones look like?

These??
johnny
Senior Moderator

Post by johnny »

Yeah thats the euro lights look a sam_sri's on allcorsa he has euro rears on his black corsa

Or il give you my tinted led rears for price of postage lol
If it doesn't fit,
force it,
If it breaks,
It needed replacing anyway :thumbs:
corsaez
CB-Uk User

Post by corsaez »

hmm im tempted matey, although i do like the look of those euro style lights.
Saw sams car in person at pvs last sunday, i didnt realise his lights was the euro ones. i was too busy looking at his bike cars that he had fitted.
Last edited by corsaez on Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
corsaez
CB-Uk User

Post by corsaez »

Unexpected update,
Today i got sent home from work 6 hours early, resturant was very quiet. So i had a little drive up to my local vauxhall dealers to buy a new egr gasket (£3) and new arch clips (79p each). I decided to take the egr valve off and clean it up using some egr cleaner from halfords that i bought afew weeks ago. Anyway, the egr was really clogged up, my poor car, no wonder my eml has been coming on. I used a small flatblade screwdriver to scrap out most of the carbon before soaking it with the egr cleaner, i then used a cloth soaked in degreaser to wipe it out. Its clean and shiney again.
Finished fitting it back on and ive just been out for a quick run to see if everything is ok. All i can say is wow!! Massive improvement in throttle response and drives so much smoother.
corsaez
CB-Uk User

Post by corsaez »

Im in full pre-glastonbury mode, my car has had an oil and filter change, new plugs, redex to help clear the injectors, new coolant, cleaned and hoovered.
Went to my dads today to pickup his roofbox, cars looking strange lol .

Also decided i was sick of seeing my dads red corsa c , looking pink!. Got the t-cut out and some high quality wax and polish to try sort it out. Heres a pic ov it just as i started to t-cut. Forgot to take a pic after i had finished, it does look alot better now!

corsaez
CB-Uk User

Post by corsaez »

Just been sent a pic of my car at pvs 2013

corsaez
CB-Uk User

Post by corsaez »

Had a blast at glastonbury, my poor car however was really really dusty when i came back to hear on the monday morning. Got home, got the roof box off and detailed the hell out of her inside and out. Thats was last week, since then ive bought some sideskirts from a guy on another forum. I think they are rs tuning but im not sure, anyway heres a pic of them fitted.
The nearside one is all sorted with bolts screws and tigerseal. The offside one is just bolted and screwed, ive done this because, ill be replacing the drivers arch with a new trim soon, so the sideskirt needs to come off again when i get time to change the trim and front bumper.
gazza_no7
CB-Uk User

Post by gazza_no7 »

Looking good mate :) need to get it all colour coded ;)
corsaez
CB-Uk User

Post by corsaez »

Thanx gazza, yeah thats something ive been thinking alot about. Might ring around and findout how much itll cost for it all to be done properly. Also thinking about de-wipering the boot, making it look abit smoother, not sure though.