yeah would look cleaner i think if you gave it spray of matt black
My Project : Brocade 2.0 16v
Cant wait for Summer!
scorpiotn1
CB-Uk User

Re: Corsa B 1999 1.2 16V "1-7-11"

Post by scorpiotn1 »

little off topic but,
i have to buy a 2nd car and i found this ...

2009 - mazda 2
1.4 Diesel (with turbo)
16,000 miles.
5 door - navey blue.
Alloys - minor scrapes
£30 Tax per year
between 60-70 MPG
class D - panel damaged that was repaird in full.

guy was originaly looking £5000, but so far has come down to £4600
looking online these cars seem to be selling for about £7000 - £8000

Its ticked alot of boxes what i oringaly set out to look for, so its a great wee gem i think.
need to ask the bank about a loan and need to ring insurance company to see what we can work out.
il post few pics 2mora.

(im still keeping the corsa b) hehe
"I mod for the plesure... Not to drive ignorantly"
Garage: - 1999 Corsa B GSI Rep - 2010 Toyota Auris SR
scorpiotn1
CB-Uk User

Post by scorpiotn1 »

Heres a photo of the Mazda

scorpiotn1
CB-Uk User

Post by scorpiotn1 »

I started work on the wipers and replacing the scuttle today.

Condition of Wiper arms ...

Then after a good sand down by hand, ( I think in future il invest in a power sander ) ...

After i got the wiper arms off i replaced the scuttle ...

Il finish off giving them a sand down, and set about aplying the primer and matt black prob let it dry over night.
scorpiotn1
CB-Uk User

Post by scorpiotn1 »

ok got the primer out ( keep in mind this is the 1st time ive used Car spray paint ) ...

Theres a few runs, so im gona sand it back a bit and give it a 2nd prime coat before i apply the matt black.
scorpiotn1
CB-Uk User

Post by scorpiotn1 »

After 1st coat Matt Black ...

Ive done a 2nd coat Matt Black, gona leave it for a good hour or 2 before i check it cause after 30 mins dry time with the black, it was still tacky in places.
scorpiotn1
CB-Uk User

Post by scorpiotn1 »

Got the last coat of Matt Black on ...

This is 1st time ive painted a car part, but im not a stranger to spray cans and painting etc as ive good few years of experiance in Art & Graphics
i can see how well the sanding needs to be, cause as you apply the primer and paint, any imperfections no matter how good the spray job is done will show through. As a 1st attempt i think it turned out quite well and its definitely a marked improvement from the condition the wiperes were in. It should really help to improve the look of the car, fresher / newer and more up to date.
neil22
CB-Uk User

Corsa B 1999 1.2 16V "1-7-11"

Post by neil22 »

Its looking nice mate tbf, especially if you do what you want in the photoshop picture :) Im loving the look!!
2.0lt redtop wouldnt fit down the chimney so santa gave me socks :(
scorpiotn1
CB-Uk User

Re: Corsa B 1999 1.2 16V

Post by scorpiotn1 »

neil22 wrote:Its looking nice mate tbf, especially if you do what you want in the photoshop picture :) Im loving the look!!
Cheers, i got the wiper arms on, but i might fiddle with it a bit to get them sitting right.
At the same time i took the rad fan out of the car, and drove down to the corner shop for some breakfast and it was still making rattle sound.
The sound wasnt as bad, but it was still there. This leads me to believe its something to do with the Radiator mount perhaps and the weight of the rad fan makes it rattle more. I might stick a few extra washers on the bolts so theres a slight gap between rad fan and the radiator itself.
neil22
CB-Uk User

Post by neil22 »

Cheers, i got the wiper arms on, but i might fiddle with it a bit to get them sitting right.
At the same time i took the rad fan out of the car, and drove down to the corner shop for some breakfast and it was still making rattle sound.
The sound wasnt as bad, but it was still there. This leads me to believe its something to do with the Radiator mount perhaps and the weight of the rad fan makes it rattle more. I might stick a few extra washers on the bolts so theres a slight gap between rad fan and the radiator itself.[/quote]

With the way your describing it it does sound like the rad itself, sounds like its not being held tightly enough. Does the rad sit in rubber bushes? Could they be warn?
2.0lt redtop wouldnt fit down the chimney so santa gave me socks :(
scorpiotn1
CB-Uk User

Post by scorpiotn1 »

alright, so i adjusted the wiper arm on the drivers side a bit as i though it was sitting a bit high. After moving it down a few 'mm and turned them on, when the wiper was at the top position it didnt seem to be going far enough over the drivers section of the window. So i just put it back to the original postion. It still sits a little high in the down position but maybe thats cause the windows dry so its not sliding down enough.

The other thing i attempted to fix was that damm rattle, i put the rad fan back in .. again .. and screwed it into place. Got the silicone out and put a bit on my figer and tried to push it into sections that i though would wedge the fan into position once it drys and to act as a temp dampener. i might be able to do a better job later down the line when the engine is removed as its hard to fit a silicone gun where i needed it and was working in the dark ( damm this winter weather)

I really couldnt see what else would be causing it, all hose lines look in place and i cant see any flappy bits of plastic or trim, i gave everything a good wiggle.
all i can think of is it has to be the rad fan, or else theres a bolt thats droped down somewhere where i cant physicaly get too. For now im still blaming the rad fan and radiator + mount itself. I want to replace my radiator anyway cause the fins are badley damaged from that front impact still. ( i like knowing things are new)
scorpiotn1
CB-Uk User

Post by scorpiotn1 »

Ok this rattle is doing my nut in now ! gona try using that bita foam i found near the water bottle to wedge the rad + fan in place, hopefully it wont catch on fire
i also had to move the wiper arm .. again back down another few mm as it was still sitting too high, think its fixed now.

last problem thats doing my nut in is the washer jets. they tend to only work when they want too and never when i really need them.
Working from left to right, jets 1 & 2 work fine good pressure, jet 3 is mid pressure, jet 4 hits the window but just about. looking under the bonnet i talked before how theres the outer bonnet metal then the jet hose then another sheet of metal over that, which makes it very hard to gain access too to check for dirt in the hose line. Whats the best way to clean out the hose line + jets. i was going to also remove the black pump on the water bottle to get a look at it. it always powers fine when i pull the washer leaver in the car but sometimes nothing comes out, very frustating. AGAHHA
scorpiotn1
CB-Uk User

Post by scorpiotn1 »

Found a guy looking to sell a set of ...

Apex Corsa B Struts and Shorted Shocks, Also 40 mm Springs
Have a set of these i took baught but then got a brand new set for crimbo so dont need these anymore, Theyre good shocks, no leaks etc. Alls good, could do with a lick of paint tbh, but thats the way i baught them. ** Could paint if required for extra bit of ££ **

These will come complete with 40 mm apex lowering springs also.

Asking for £130 ono
Then cause no one was buying he droped down to £90. i just chanced my arm and offered him £80 for them so i will see what he gets back to me with.

He said its the same ones as these, which are going for £300 on ebay ...

What you guys think good deal ? good make ?
gazza_no7
CB-Uk User

Post by gazza_no7 »

Good deal if you get them for 80
scorpiotn1
CB-Uk User

Re: Corsa B 1999 1.2 16V

Post by scorpiotn1 »

gazza_no7 wrote:Good deal if you get them for 80
Just confirmed he will take £80, and hes quite close to where i live so i can just sort out a day to pick them up.
Means i get to lower the car 40mm and hopefully it will tighten up the suspension a good bit. At the moment the back my car if there's any weight at all in the back even just a few shopping bags, never mind people, if i go over a ramp it knocks. It shouldn't be the exhaust cause i did get that fixed from knocking off the rear axle and i even had 2 new rear springs replaced, so it musta been the shocks or something. Im sure this Apex suspension will be a good entry level kit