amplifier and speakers

Post anything electrical or ICE here. ie, upgrading your stereo, or removing looms etc.

Moderator: Octane2097

scotsvampyr
CB-Uk Newbie

amplifier and speakers

Post by scotsvampyr »

hi fellow corsa owners

i am looking for some options on an amp speakers and the wiring up of it.

ok the system i want is front spekers wired to the amp and a sub box , then just the rear 6x9s wired to the head unit now can anyone share links to reasonably cheap amps that would do this job with no fuss ii am fairly new to the ice system as before i have just had the all in 1 subwoofer with amp inside,

another thing whats the difference between 2 channel and 4 channel amps

cheers
A85 one of the best roads in scotland , driving a arden blue envoy , keep an eye on it in project logs

i.c.e dont have a clue but i will get a nice setup if it kills me
Lacey_Corsa
CB-Uk User

Re: amplifier and speakers

Post by Lacey_Corsa »

hey!

you are looking for something very similar to what i am doing at the moment

The 6x9s wired to the head unit will be fine, any 6x9s would be good as the HU can handle between 40W and 50W usually (check HU specs) from the wires in the back for front and rear speakers (obviusly use the rear!). i have some FLI ones which work really well for me straight into the HU

As far as front speakers and a sub to an amp...you have many choices. My Personal advise is to get a good 2 channel amp. 2 channel means 2 sets of speakers or subwoofers, and 4 channel means 4 sets of speakers and/or subwoofers can be connected at any one time. (lets not forget about bridging to increase power output if needed!)

your amp will needs enough power (WATTS and RMS) to power your speakers and sub of choice

My FLI comps need a min of 225WATTS/80RMS to power them fully and my sub (also FLI) needs a min of (300WATT/180RMS)
so....an amp with 2 channels preferably pulling 300W/180RMS min. thats power enough for the sub to work at full power and enough to power the speakers with WATTS left over spare. better to have too much than not enough
--- LACEY'S CORSA TO DO SIG ---
1. Front and Rear Lights - black Angel and smoked *DONE*
2. Exhaust *DONE* - Centre Exhaust wanted
3. Colour Coding Interior Parts - *DONE*
4. New Spoiler and Side Skirts *started*
5. Window Tint all round *DONE*