Post by PRICER »

fair play thats bloody awesome! that'd look great on the club stand :P
TURBO LAG IS JUST FOREPLAY ;)

2.0 16v GSI SPORT TWIN WEBER 45'S AND KENT CAMS :]
Mike_Parr
CB-Uk User

Re: Corsa Trip

Post by Mike_Parr »

Cheers bud, it makes all the differance dont it. Need a spoiler and tints next, and debadge the back and maybe a punto wiper.
Harkus Wrote: Lol I was actually racing a ford focus going through the tunnels making a noise was 5th missed 4th hit 2nd...at 70mph...driving like lad shifting like a woman LOL :lol:
PRICER
CB-Uk User

Post by PRICER »

i think a GSI spoiler, and a punto wiper and just remove the 12v badge but leave the vauxhall corsa chrome badges, and dont get window tints as thats not 'scene' at the moment dont know why,
TURBO LAG IS JUST FOREPLAY ;)

2.0 16v GSI SPORT TWIN WEBER 45'S AND KENT CAMS :]
Mike_Parr
CB-Uk User

Post by Mike_Parr »

Oh right,

I've got some square plates that look the business, will probably be fitting them tomorrow. Dont care if they aint scene I like 'em.
Harkus Wrote: Lol I was actually racing a ford focus going through the tunnels making a noise was 5th missed 4th hit 2nd...at 70mph...driving like lad shifting like a woman LOL :lol:
paige1992
CB-Uk User

Post by paige1992 »

them wheel look mint now mate :), and i'm pritty sure but cnt be 100 % cus its a pic
Show season is here :)
Find It, Get It, Corsa-B It ;)

what you reckon: http://forums.corsa-b.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=81&t=16892
nath2905
General Moderator

Post by nath2905 »

paige1992 wrote:them wheel look mint now mate :), and i'm pritty sure but cnt be 100 % cus its a pic
i wrote that but didnt realise it was on paiges
The Future's Bright, The Future's Orange!

B/B Bonnet Guide ..
http://forums.corsa-b.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=106&t=17679

Holidays Are Coming....
Mike_Parr
CB-Uk User

Post by Mike_Parr »

o well i've won them now lol, time for payment.
Mike_Parr
CB-Uk User

Post by Mike_Parr »

Big, big bump.

Sorry guys, I'd thought I'd post about what happened with my motor :(

I owned it from February 2011 to August 2012. I put it through 2 MOT's, first one failed on headlight aim too low, and tracking. Second one killed it. Failed on rust on the chassis/"under body etc", rust on the rear trailing arm (So much so there was only about 3 and half inches keeping the wheel on...), headlight aim again, emissions were totally off, basically it was "Uneconomical to repair" - Over £2000 worth with the requirement of a new timing chain.

So I took it back to the original bloke who sold it us in the first place in the latter half of 2010, Sold it for £850 to a relative, I bought it for £600 iirc, and he bought it back for £300. That was with 3/4 tank of fuel, and all my mods on it as well. Including my rare-ish alloys and decent springs. The coilies cost me £200+ iirc. I was just getting the car to how I wanted it, and it wasn't far off. Then bang. MOT time!

Obviously it was a death trap, as much I hate to admit it, but I've had some of my most favourite memories in that motor. Would love to own one again, but I think I may regret it as the youngest B is 15 years old! I thought it was a death trap, but it was on the road right up to February this year, then it was SORN and now scrapped.

Unfortunate turn of events, I loved that car! haha

Anyway, so with the 300 greens the Corsa Bloke gave me for Gordon, I put it on as a deposit for a Midnight Blue 2012 Skoda CitiGo S. Was delivered the day I left Gordon to the scrappies. A year later with the CitiGo I trade it in, after just making even with the payments, for a 2012 Skoda Rapid 1.6TDi CR DPF SE+ 103BHP. Costing me an arm and a leg on the stupid bloody PCP scam/scheme. As soon as I get 50% it's getting given back and I've saved some money now so I'm going to buy another used vehicle and do it up again, [as done with the Corsa] Don't know what it'll be, hope another Corsa B but they're getting scarce, by the time it's 50% they'll be the youngest circa 17years old! I was looking at a very smart N reg Corsa 1.2, amazingly no rust or any advisories on the MOT.. £450. I was an inch from buying it, but then I read the small print on the PCP contract and there's no way I'm going on a Debt Blacklist at the age of 20!

Not even sure if anybody would even care about this, as all the people I was with on here have moved on too, but at least it closes the final chapter on this, not so popular project of a rarer Atlantis Blue Corsa B. Live on Corsa B lovers! Never forget the ones you've lost haha

R.I.P [Rust In Pieces] T864 LOP

Peace.
andy w
CB-Uk User

Post by andy w »

Just read what ya put mate and well put :thumbs: wud be great for ya ave a corsa b agen and be back on here nath2905 is still on here from time to time and he lives two minutes away from me as well which us a bonus lol but tbh ya can get a newer corsa b for the cash ya were goin spend on the n reg and make it a new project in life
If it ain't green and black send it back :D
Domwhitex
CB-Uk User

Post by Domwhitex »

Get rid of the skodas buddy thats one bit of advice!
Mike_Parr
CB-Uk User

Post by Mike_Parr »

andy w wrote:Just read what ya put mate and well put :thumbs: wud be great for ya ave a corsa b agen and be back on here nath2905 is still on here from time to time and he lives two minutes away from me as well which us a bonus lol but tbh ya can get a newer corsa b for the cash ya were goin spend on the n reg and make it a new project in life
Nath2905 is a legend!

I'm hearing what you're saying mate, I was just passing when I saw it and I can just say it's the best N reg thing I've ever seen. Not a single mark on it, no rust underneath and as I helped myself to check out the springs, it all seemed tight. Obviously I couldn't check under the bonnet but I stuck my head under the riding high body and all was good underneath from what I could see. Couldn't scoot any further in as my, rather large, 47" chest prevented any give!
Domwhitex wrote:Get rid of the skodas buddy thats one bit of advice!
In the process as we speak if I can stump up 50% of the finance price! Hard going on a bus drivers' wage mate let me tell ya! I wish I never even bothered with the bloody PCP finance scam as I say the Corsa Bloke was offering me another mint B in swap for my MOT failure + £300 on top. Wish I took it, be more enjoyable then being in debt at the age of 20.

It's actually cheaper + more enjoyable to buy an "old banger" and do it up then to buy new.

Maybe they should sticky a thread saying "AVOID PCP AND HP NEW CARS" haha, I wish I did!

Still going to be looking on here every once in a while and hopefully get another project on the go in a year or whatever.

Cheers for words lads,

Mike.
Domwhitex
CB-Uk User

Post by Domwhitex »

Gotta do it mate! Should enquire about that b! Yeah newer cars i dont like for the fact of everything automated and electrical! More poo to go wrong and for garages to rinse ya!