electric windows all rubbish??

Post anything electrical or ICE here. ie, upgrading your stereo, or removing looms etc.

Moderator: Octane2097

gareth_mattey
CB-Uk User

electric windows all rubbish??

Post by gareth_mattey »

Hi, well when I bought my car it had electric windows but he thought one had come of its runners and said he'd fix it. I went to pick the car up and he said he took them out as it was like a mecano set someone put in, so he put manuals back in.

So just wondering are all electric window kits crap since the cars are just meant to have manuals?

Thanks
jordyp
CB-Uk User

Re: electric windows all rubbish??

Post by jordyp »

not all corsas are manual theres alot that have electric windows. and you can put the original kit in from a corsa.
1997 White Corsa Merit 1.2 8v - Sold!

Now Red 11Plate MK6 Vauxhall Astra Elite 1.6

Scotvoc.co.uk/f -Scottish Vauxhall Owners Club
gareth_mattey
CB-Uk User

Post by gareth_mattey »

Well I bought a original vauxhall kit the other day, should come tomorrow. Looks a lot better than the cheap kit that got taken out the car when I bought it.

I asked at a car electrics garage how much to fit, he said minimum £50 a door but have look at the kit to give a real price. Is that expensive? As I can't fit them.

Thanks
matty101
Senior Moderator

Post by matty101 »

shud be a piece of piss to fit mate, 50 a door is a rip off if u saw how much work is involved. they will drill the rivots out tht hold the motors in place. rivot the new motors in. plug the new loom in and add a fuse to the fuse box. simple tbh mate i'd say giv it ago and then if it goes tits up then look in to getting them to do it but theres not alot to get wrong tbh.
OFFICAL DVLA DATA:
1414 - corsa gsi's on the road in 2008.
735 - corsa gsi's currently on the road and 436 SORN
Basicly you would have to be a right tw*t to break one for parts :rant:

Thanks to everyone for an awsome weekend at pvs!
gareth_mattey
CB-Uk User

Post by gareth_mattey »

I wouldn't have a clue where to start, I've no knowledge of fitting them so it would probs go tits up but ill have a closer look at the kit when get it.
gareth_mattey
CB-Uk User

Post by gareth_mattey »

Well wanted to get door cards so no manual holes but two company's wanted £47 just to post them to me, would rather have the holes than pay that much, I'm guessing there's nothing like the plastic circle thing that goes behind the manual winders but ones to cover the whole hole if you know what I mean.
matty101
Senior Moderator

Post by matty101 »

go to a scrap yard and find a corsa tht already has electric windows and get them door cards. will cost u like 15 quid or sumit. dont be affraid to get stuck in, its the best way to learn!
OFFICAL DVLA DATA:
1414 - corsa gsi's on the road in 2008.
735 - corsa gsi's currently on the road and 436 SORN
Basicly you would have to be a right tw*t to break one for parts :rant:

Thanks to everyone for an awsome weekend at pvs!
gareth_mattey
CB-Uk User

Post by gareth_mattey »

Yeah i've been looking on the net for local car scrap yards, will go in the morning if find any local.

thanks
gareth_mattey
CB-Uk User

Post by gareth_mattey »

I've been to 3 scrap yards now, none have had electric window door cards, all been manuals. Guess I'm stuck.