is it possible to add speakers to rear side panels?

Post anything electrical or ICE here. ie, upgrading your stereo, or removing looms etc.

Moderator: Octane2097

Chris_Junior
CB-Uk Newbie

Post by Chris_Junior »

basically i dont really want to add speakers on the parcel shelf, i have a 3 door corsa b and was wondering if anyone has added speakers to the side of the rear passenger seats and if its worth it.

n00b btw :D 8)
punkheadgray
CB-Uk User

Post by punkheadgray »

ive done, it. although i never wired them up, i\'ll post a photo of the build that i done asap
Chris_Junior
CB-Uk Newbie

Post by Chris_Junior »

cheers mate! was it difficult? why didnt you wire them up?
Chris_Junior
CB-Uk Newbie

Post by Chris_Junior »

any one else?
punkheadgray
CB-Uk User

Post by punkheadgray »

erm, well i just never got round to wiring them up cos car went off for spraying.
think they are 6\" speakers i put in. i know they are pioneer. i just cut holes for them to begin with, but then i built a surround one side, and havent got round to doing the other.

i intended to run them with the back speaker outputs, too try and get the sound right. still havent got a photo. i\'ll do it 2moz. been so busy at the mo.
theres loads of room behind the panel. i was going to mount an amp somewhere behind for them to run off, but an amp one side would look odd if i had it on show, if i put it behind it would probs get damp. so was going to put it in the boot as part of the install.
punkheadgray
CB-Uk User

PHOTOS

Post by punkheadgray »

here you go, just took em! i smoothed the creases out as well, which id forgotten about, was going to have them sprayed, not so sure now:

punkheadgray
CB-Uk User

Post by punkheadgray »

they are angled towards to passenger seat. bit more blending matey. like i say pretty much given up for the time being
punkheadgray
CB-Uk User

Post by punkheadgray »

that 2nd photo makes them look a bit cone shaped, but they arent. also they are smoother than they appear :thumbs:
CR41G
CB-Uk User

Post by CR41G »

that looks trick i was gunna do that but ,havnt got round 2 it as of yet,
punkheadgray
CB-Uk User

Post by punkheadgray »

[quote=\"CR41G\"]that looks trick i was gunna do that but ,havnt got round 2 it as of yet,[/quote]
cheers mate, i was going to mount a small amp on each side, sort of half recessed. but im so lazy!
also another idea i have is to mount a ps2 on one side, but make a panel to cover it so\'s you dont know its there. (copyright punkheadgray) :P
theres loads of room behind those panels!
think im gonna have the panels sprayed eventually, just something different isnt it i spose
CR41G
CB-Uk User

Post by CR41G »

i think im gunna try that 1 mate ,put sum big midrange speakers in there , if they fit ?? , the ps2 hidden behind a panel souds gud tho mate shud do it
punkheadgray
CB-Uk User

Post by punkheadgray »

yeah, only thing is ive had top of my PS2 sprayed now, and it\'d be a shame to hide it. think im gonna put it in boot
Stuart_SRI
CB-Uk User

Post by Stuart_SRI »

when i began stripping my car for a track day at Santa Pod, i left my sound system in the run up before hand. (Obviously the subs came out when i went to Santa Pod) but I mounted my speakers like this

Just mounted them into some MDF, covered them with some material, and drilled them into the side. This is how Katie_Corsa has hers as well.

Simple and a good way of keeping sound in the car
punkheadgray
CB-Uk User

Post by punkheadgray »

[quote=\".\"]be no use in ya boot! ya sat there playing a game, get bored and you\'d have to get outa car, walk alla wy round, open the boot, open the boot and rach in just to switch it off.[/quote]

yeah, but it\'ll look good in the boot. im not gonna be playing it while im driving! i\'ll find somewhere to put it.
maybe in the back panel still
Chris_Junior
CB-Uk Newbie

Post by Chris_Junior »

thing is, wont most of the sound be lost behind the door because of the large area behind the door. is it worth boxing up behind?

also is yours fibreglassed? because my doors are plastic should be ok shudnt it?

the mdf style at the back is a good idea tho!