Just about to give up...

General Banter & Off-Topic chat.
Katie_GSi
CB-Uk User

Just about to give up...

Post by Katie_GSi »

Finallly after 3 weeks the lady was bought back onto the road yesterday... I couldnt have been happier... All running well so we took her for a test drive.... Then suddenly .... No brakes :( It wud appear allll of my brake fluid has leaked out of the rear cylinder :( so i had to drive it home wit no brakes :( then when i got home i stopped it and now i cant get any gears at all :( I misssss my car i juss want her to be well :( So hopefully j1400 is coming down today to help me out :)
PaulW
Administrator

Just about to give up...

Post by PaulW »

Katie - probs just the linkage which has slipped so causing you grief with the gears - happened to me before, is reet annoyin!

as for the rear brake cylinder - common problem, I\'ve had about 4 on the old corsa :| bloody rubbish! Just get rear discs & be done with it ;)
All the above comments are deemed an opinion, and in most cases :spam:
Katie_GSi
CB-Uk User

Just about to give up...

Post by Katie_GSi »

I\'m tryin desperately to get it reddy for pvs :(
hobsey
CB-Uk User

Just about to give up...

Post by hobsey »

i done my gear linkage yesterday, what i bitch that was. as it is a different ratio to the 1.2, it goes in to 3rd, 4th and 5th ok. but to get it into 1st and 2nd i have to lift up the reverse collor. its turned into a really head scratcher.
PaulW
Administrator

Just about to give up...

Post by PaulW »

Katie - you\'ll be ready - these are just trivial problems which can be sorted...

I still gota sand & spray down the inside of the car, sort out the front splitter & bumper as its not fitting proper (mount is damaged) sort engine (clean the ICV, replace inlet manifold gasket, clean TPS, replace CTS & thermostat, oil, coolant) clutch, brakes...

:(
All the above comments are deemed an opinion, and in most cases :spam:
Katie_GSi
CB-Uk User

Just about to give up...

Post by Katie_GSi »

Okily i have j1400 on his way round now :) and 16vcorsa16v i will love forever as he has sorted me out a new rear brake cylinder for £6 :)
j1400
CB-Uk User

Just about to give up...

Post by j1400 »

Been, saw, it rained. cleaned off the rear drum inside which was caked in grease and ming. Seem like there\'s loads of air in the system as no pressure builds, think the car needs a full bleed.

Gearlinkage was proper f**ked though, but a new one has been sourced, so thats\' cool.

WIll help out again is it still needs some tlc in a few weeks when I\'m free again.
Katie_GSi
CB-Uk User

Just about to give up...

Post by Katie_GSi »

i got a new linkage £15 :)
VKleita
CB-Uk User

Just about to give up...

Post by VKleita »

[quote=\"Katie_GSi\"]i got a new linkage £15 :)[/quote]

LoL
negative to happy in 3 easy posts :)

excellent
:thumbs:
16vcorsa16v
CB-Uk User

Just about to give up...

Post by 16vcorsa16v »

[quote=\"Katie_GSi\"]Okily i have j1400 on his way round now :) and 16vcorsa16v i will love forever as he has sorted me out a new rear brake cylinder for £6 :)[/quote]
awwww :hug: thnk u! :thumbs:
Katie_GSi
CB-Uk User

Just about to give up...

Post by Katie_GSi »

righty didnt need the brake cylinder... they juss needed to be bled... which is all done now :thumbs:

Gear linkage was being worked on till 1030 last night in the pourin rain...

Now it shud be finished tonight there is a bit needs replacin ( not the bit u sed J ) and hopefully i might have a car tomorrow :thumbs: