New Door Speakers

Post anything electrical or ICE here. ie, upgrading your stereo, or removing looms etc.

Moderator: Octane2097

josh41091
CB-Uk Newbie

New Door Speakers

Post by josh41091 »

Hey Guys,

I have currently got this headunit (http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stor ... yId_165474) and want to upgrade the standard door speakers as they sound a bit naff atm with my ipod connected through. Any suggestions? I understand that you can fit either 13cm or 17cm speakers with the adaptor, im not fussed really. Hoping to spend around 60 quid including the adaptors. Also, will I need to install an amp aswell, or will the headunit be fine? I have the Corsa B 1.0l Envoy so no standard rear speakers and I dont really want to go through the hassle of installing and wiring rear speakers, so any door speakers with a good range would be great.

Many thanks to you all!

Josh
Toppy23
CB-Uk Newbie

Re: New Door Speakers

Post by Toppy23 »

I've just brought new door speakers after fitting new rear 6x9's into my parcel shelf.
I brought Kenwood 17cm's for the doors from eBay for £16.99 plus postage, the closest to that price for the same speakers was £24.99 on incaraudio.com (i think), so if i was you get on eBay and have a browse mate. I brought the spacers from Halfords for £19.99 but you can get them cheaper elsewhere such as eBay again!
beano4390
CB-Uk User

Post by beano4390 »

I use fli mate I got 6.5 inch (17cm) door speakers.. Think they cost 25 quid in halfords.. I paids 21.80 Inc postage off eBay... Fli is made by vibe so decent quality think they are summat like 60w rms and 210w peak... Had to buy spacers from halfords same as toppy23 again can get off eBay aswell.. Go down to ya local halfords or car dealers most decent places have a range of speakers on show... Find some you like an can afford, don't buy them.. Go home and then find them cheaper on eBay.. Lol...
Mod's So Far; Smoked Rear Lexus Lights, Black Front Angel eyes, Chrome Side Repeaters, Drilled Airbox With K+N Panel Filter, fli 6x9's and fli 6" Door speakers, 15" alloys, De-badged boot.

To be Done; lower 40mm, Chrome Dial Surrounds.. Paint Brake Calipers & Drums.

More to come when money starts coming in

www.simply-vauxhall.com
www.mnpropertymaintenance.co.uk
beano4390
CB-Uk User

Post by beano4390 »

Forgot to put owt about the amp... There is no real need to amp your door speakers the cost and hassel of doing it prob isn't worth it for what I guessing you want the speakers for ( to improve sound quality)... Even without the Amp new door speakers will still be a lot better than standards

everything is personal preference thou mate get down to shop have a listen to some speakers working.. Then choose we can only give you suggestions at the end of the day..

Hope that helps mate
Tom
Mod's So Far; Smoked Rear Lexus Lights, Black Front Angel eyes, Chrome Side Repeaters, Drilled Airbox With K+N Panel Filter, fli 6x9's and fli 6" Door speakers, 15" alloys, De-badged boot.

To be Done; lower 40mm, Chrome Dial Surrounds.. Paint Brake Calipers & Drums.

More to come when money starts coming in

www.simply-vauxhall.com
www.mnpropertymaintenance.co.uk
shotgunfool
CB-Uk Newbie

Post by shotgunfool »

I dont see the point in replacing the front speakers,they sound so clear and so bassy as they are, iv got my 6x9 in the shelf and the door speakers and the whole car shakes because of the bass ;)
Toppy23
CB-Uk Newbie

Post by Toppy23 »

I thought my sound system wasn't too bad originally, but then i was given some brand new Kenwood's for my parcel shelf and fitted them and then just thought, why not do the front too?! ;)
josh41091
CB-Uk Newbie

Post by josh41091 »

Ah cheers very much guys, yeh I work right next door to a Halfords so ill pop in and have a look what they have, its good to see you can get a pair of decent speakers without spending a fortune haha.

Thanks again!

Josh