ice install

Post anything electrical or ICE here. ie, upgrading your stereo, or removing looms etc.

Moderator: Octane2097

kawika
CB-Uk User

ice install

Post by kawika »

i don\'t know if this has already been asked had a quick look but couldn\'t see anything but....

i need my boot back but i want to keep my subs, so im thinkin about puttin them on one side of my back seats, has anyone done this or has anyone any other suggestions, how i can solve my problem

thanx in advance

David
Freedom is only possibly, thanx to capitalisim
rick
CB-Uk User

ice install

Post by rick »

what inside the car? not hurd of anyone doing that b4 you\'d have the problem of securing them and not making your ears bleed from the bass, couldnt you try finding a smaller box like those stealth ones that fit at the sides of the boot
kawika
CB-Uk User

ice install

Post by kawika »

well i could but i currently have 2 12\" running off a 1 monoblock, would i notice much diffrence if i swapped to 1 12\" sub, also i heard you lose alot of sound quality and bass in these stealth boxes is this true?
kawika
CB-Uk User

ice install

Post by kawika »

didn\'t mean sinkin them into back seat, was thinkin bout building install onto back seats, but where can i get those stealth boxes from have heard of them but can\'t find them
Dan_Corsa
CB-Uk User

ice install

Post by Dan_Corsa »

Build a false floor...... fill ya tyres with that tyre weld and lose ya spare wheel, then have the subs sitting flush in the floor mount the amp in the floor on on one side! then you have lots of space left in the boot simple.............

design a decent install and maximise boot space!
kawika
CB-Uk User

ice install

Post by kawika »

i already got a can of that tyre weld stuff, have anyone got any pics or diagrams so i can go 2 shop and find out how much it wil cost

thanx
blackcorsa20
CB-Uk User

ice install

Post by blackcorsa20 »

just design an install urself hed to a local diy shop get the stuff you need and spend a few days cutting, screwing and glueing.lol. if u get some one else to do it i think ur defeating the whole idea of modifying.but thats just me view as ive done all the work on my car.its up 2 u tho.
north east region...the quietest region but the best...imho...
Dan_Corsa
CB-Uk User

ice install

Post by Dan_Corsa »

Cost ya £20 at most on materials

Large sheet of 18mm MDF, make a card template of the shape of the boot, cut your MDF to fit looks best in one section but will be easier to do in 2 upto you!

Make sub boxes under this maximise space by using the wheel well when possible then cut wholes for your subs!

etc etc!

Get a pencil sum paper and doodle some diagrams of what would look cool, then think could i build that......... hmmm yeh do this do that and it just goes on from there!

I\'m in process of designing a boot build with 3subs 3amps and still room in boot what a challenge!

Its all the fun of moddin mate...... i couldnt ever go buy a sub box thats been made whats point cost u 3 times as much as making a one of install!
kawika
CB-Uk User

ice install

Post by kawika »

cool thanx u lot, you said bout making a box for the spare well, wouldn\'t i be able to just put a sub straight into well without box? sorry if thats a real newb question
shortie
CB-Uk User

ice install

Post by shortie »

i wouldnt mate, unless you put poo of sound deadening in, it\'ll rattle like hell
kawika
CB-Uk User

ice install

Post by kawika »

sorry to reserect this thread, but you said bout putting loads of sound proofing down would 1 layer of dynamite around whole boot be enough